What a pleasure!

There's no better way to enjoy pakalolo than a doober, brah!

Peace, brother peace, the doctors comin... I sure love me some Nina!

Aloha
M

God damnit ...

I have to admit: When you said the flavor was not "it", I was thinking "well would be kind of unfair if he gets a grail plant out of a 9 bucks pack of walkabout... But everything else is good so he can just use the Koalaberry as a building block, still sounds like a win."

Now you got dem flavors too...

bastard xD

Great feelgood-story Jake. I mean spend a niner on a pack of walkabout, something that few ever grow and then come out with that gem.

Do you even realize how many people spend 500 bucks on DJ Short beans to get what you got there?

Lucky, lucky bastard :D

Enjoy Bro, very happy for you and a little jealous :D

The Walkabout and Dream packs

These packets of seed- the Walkabout and the dreamtime- often contain hidden gems.

Glad to see you found one!

Been a while since I've posted regularly- but welcome all who have come since I was last here on a reg basis.

All the best
CM

God damnit ...

I have to admit: When you said the flavor was not "it", I was thinking "well would be kind of unfair if he gets a grail plant out of a 9 bucks pack of walkabout... But everything else is good so he can just use the Koalaberry as a building block, still sounds like a win."

Now you got dem flavors too...

bastard xD

Great feelgood-story Jake. I mean spend a niner on a pack of walkabout, something that few ever grow and then come out with that gem.

Do you even realize how many people spend 500 bucks on DJ Short beans to get what you got there?

Lucky, lucky bastard :D

Enjoy Bro, very happy for you and a little jealous :D

Thanks brother. Jealously looks good on other people. :pLol.

I do admit I never expected to find such an awesome stinky berry baby in that pack.

I can't imagine the frustration of spending big money and not finding the strong berry aroma and flavor... I guess bargain hunting pays off!

I will update with some other pics of some other Walkabout girls this weekend. I have 2 hanging to dry right now and have one more WA seed plant in flower at the moment.

None of the others are true keepers BUT if I did not have hundreds of other seeds I might be saying something different.
No plant from this line has been a dud yet, at least in my experience.

I am thinking about dusting one of the koala girls with my Stella Fuel male pollen to make something I could share with my friends who aren't local. The diesel smell from the Stella Fuel and the blueberry aroma from the Koala could make something nice.... Or maybe I will find a nice male from my MNS gear to use... Or maybe I will have to figure out how to mail cuttings ;)

Take care!
Jake

These packets of seed- the Walkabout and the dreamtime- often contain hidden gems.

Glad to see you found one!

Been a while since I've posted regularly- but welcome all who have come since I was last here on a reg basis.

All the best
CM
Thanks CM.

There is no doubt that the Walkabout line has been a blast..
Money well spent!

Welcome back to the board brother, don't be a stranger :cool:

Jake

Second keeper!!

Friends,
The Walkabout line is awesome.

I have another pheno that has earned a spot in my rotation... she is the other one mentioned in the first post of this thread.

This girl is stretchy, delicate, thin stemmed, does not yield well and is a real chore to keep upright. She is a very, very vigorous plant. In the veg room she grows over an inch per day with proper care. I actually have a hard time keeping her in line!
The smoke, good god, the smoke-
The taste on inhale is sweet and peppery. The smell is of some kind of fruit and the typical haze smell. The buds are sativa all the way with tiny calyxs stacking on top of each other and never really filling in. I have harvested the seed plant of this pheno and decided not to trim very well.... the leaves are all packed with trich's and the bud production is really small.

The fluffy, light and very leafy buds pack a PUNCH!!! I have sampled twice and both times I felt like a junior stoner. Perma-smile, totally energetic and not really in control of my actions. My subconscious takes over and my conscious mind drifts into la la land. Conversation is a chore, and I find that my tongue is way to big for my mouth. For the first time in months my favorite woman asked me "how high are you!?" in the middle of an early evening conversation. To which I mumbled and ranted a response that I'm sure only answered the question for her.

Here is the clone in its first few days of flower:

Pic of seed plant bud late in flower:

This is now my head stash. I have not offered to share any of this and will only be smoking it with my closest friends. There are no medical properties for me, but man oh man- there is no better recreation!!!!!!!

Jake

Last edited:
Random bud shot of "berry"

Hello friends,

Koala Berry (Walkabout) week 5 of flower

I freaking love this berry bombshell.

I am getting married in October, which means I will be shutting my grow down for a couple of weeks to enjoy honeymoon and whatever else may come.
Why does that matter to you?

I can only keep one mother for logistical reasons during my brief hiatus and I didn't have to even think about the decision..... Koala Berry all the way!!!

The berry/lavender aroma has become stronger with the cure and the girls in flower currently stink more than the last run. The effect is nice. Hybrid stone but not dick-in-the-dirt stoned. Perfect for everyday smoke. Not the best potency BUT hands down the BEST flavor I have ever smoked! Smoking a joint is like having bud soaked in grape soda in the paper. It's unbelievable.

If you ain't got the Walkabout in your fridge you need to change that in a hurry.

The other Walkabout keeper will not be kept around. I just moved the mother bush who is about 3.5'x3.5'x3' outside and am looking forward to getting her in the ground sometime this week.

I have 2 outdoor plants this season and both are several month old mothers so I expect quite a bumper crop this year! I love mother nature.

Stay in the clouds people,
Jake

Last edited:
Hey Bro,

would be a shame if you loose either genetics due to your absence later this year.

Do you know about the Bonsai method and Blumat?

You could "bonsify" several plants to make them so small that 3 or 4 can take up the same space/light/soil/water as 1 bigger mum.

Blumat is a great system for passive watering that (depending on your reservoir size) can handle 1-2 weeks easily for an entire room. For a hand full of mums I would bet you can easily cover a month or more.

You can also do the whole passive water thing with a water bottle rammed into the soil upside down. That gives you a week easily (depending on bottle/container/plant size).

If I was you, I would be very hesitant to throw out that second keeper pheno from the Walkabout. You sounded VERY pleased with the effect and vigor of the plant.
Sounds to me like you could work on the yield and bud structure (at least I don't like leafy) by crossing something like critical mass or the sort to it...
Would be a shame to loose it.

Thanks Mu, my man. Still waiting on some reports from you, I know you are growing some good stuff :):)

Bro, awesome tip on the blumat! I'd never seen those before and I am very tempted to place an order.

Part of the reason I will be only keeping one mother is a trying to establish my new focus. I have been growing all these strains without a real goal or purpose. I've just been getting used to a larger grow and have learned a lot... However I still rely on dispensary products to manage my back pain and that is getting frustrating.

I will keep the Koala around because she does provide mild pain relief and the smell and flavor are once in a lifetime.

All the others are good but serve no true purpose, the Walkabout included.

When I come back from honeymoon i will do a bit of redesigning, some expansion (going to set my veg room up so that its capable of flowering as well and ad another clone/veg room) and some more bug proofing measures.... then- all about medicinal strains for the next two rounds. I will grow out a pack of CBD therapy and finish the pack of Nordle(or MKS) off. I also have 4 Catatonic that are vegging away as I type this... I am considering making seed with the Catatonic to add that to the equation.

When I have a new pain reliever and the Koala on lock down I will resume my search for killer Sativa smoke... Grail widow is calling my name big time.

My Walkabout is great but there is a ton of room for improvement and it's not something I feel up to at this time in my life. I already have one breeding project on my hands (part of the reason I'll convert my veg to a possible flower area: for taking my Stella Fuel to f2 and beyond) and don't want to take on another.

The WA smoke is so strong that I rarely ever touch it. :p I figure I can pull a half pound off the outdoor girl, now that I know how she grows (where to prune and when to feed) and have that head stash last long enough for me to find a new sativa love. I have a feeling that the Grail Widow or La Nina is going to round out my rotation when I finally get back on the Sativa hunt.

I'd like to have just three mother plants: Koala, pain killer, super sativa. Once those three are in place I will just settle into rotating them in the perpetual and popping one or two seeds at a time of the other great gear I have in my fridge to keep things interesting...

When I find a job that is less demanding I plan to setup yet another flower area and then i will have the room to keep as many plants as I want in rotation (of course staying within my plant count) at that time I may kick myself for letting the WA go... but that is so far off that I just can't justify keeping her around until then.

Sometimes we just gotta be glad we took the ride and then move on to the next rollercoaster.

I will be sad when I harvest the last Walkabout this fall. I'll be REALLY sad when I have to trim her leafy ass. Lol.

Thanks for the input bro.
Always a pleasure,
Jake

Hehe ya makes sense.

Well glad the Blumat tip helped. I think that stuff should be in anyone's garden if they are growing on soil/coco.
It basically gives you the best of both worlds: The ease and "set and forget" of Hydro with all the beneficials of organic soil.

Just a bit expensive but hey, once it is set up you maybe need to replace one of the Blumats every so often for 3 bucks and you are done.

If you order one of the Blumat sets, I suggest ordering a shut-off valve for each of your drip-lines extra. At least that's how I will do it.

So say I have 3 rows of 5 plants each, then I would make 3 feed-lines and install a shut-off valve on each feed-line.

This way, if plants are finishing at different times, I can shut of 1 line after the other and leave the plants running longer on the open lines.
Without the shut-off valves, you would have to tie-off the line each time which could be a finicky job and I would assume result in the hose becoming brittle and failing much sooner.

As for your breeding project and not keeping the WA keeper around:
Aight, I can dig it.
It was DJ Short who said "no breeder should work more than 6 strains parallel, it just gets too much to handle after that point". Might be different and easier to handle more strains now with PCs and Internet and all. But the message is clear: Even master breeders say "don't take on too much at a time or you won't be able to finish anything".

I agree that a clear goal is always important to not get lost and keep things on track and help with making decisions.

Funnily enough we have similar goals for our breeding projects!

I too want 3 strains in the end!

1 super tasty Indica (or hybrid) that will be all about aroma and flavor, like your Koala Berry (I plan to use Blueberry and PCK as the main ingredients).

1 super potent (and if possible tasty) Sativa (Malawi, Mango Haze, Neville's Haze, La Nina)

1 medical herb for pain relief (Z-Series, Cannatonic, Indica-heavy strains such as medicine man, Nordle, etc.)

We will compare notes in a few years d'accord? :D

Stay frosty Bro and best of luck to ya.

Ever ask the breeder what the berry pheno probably is? I would like to invest a good bit of money if I could find what it most likely is.

What's up 40Amps? I like your name dude. Pretty clever.

No, I've never asked Shanti for his opinion. It could be anything and he would probably be guessing as much as the rest of us.

I'm thinking it's something of Skunk lineage but beyond that I dunno.

Why not just run through some Walkabout? Theres bound to be another berry girl in there somewhere. Even if you don't find the pheno/genotype that I found you will find other stellar plants that will reward your efforts.

Good luck to you

While I'm in this thread here's and update on the ol Koala Berry. She's currently in a 3 gallon bucket, suffered a few extremely dry spells and then grew into the t5s while I was away.... I'll be transplanting to a 7 gallon and pruning her up tonight and then taking clones next week. She'll be flowering by Halloween if all goes as planned.

Her Walkabout sister is loving it outside. She's starting to fade due to the cold weather and may have to start coming in at night but the smell is stronger than when she was inside. It's fucking amazing smelling.

I can't wait to have more WA in my curing cupboard.

Stay hazed,
Jake

Awesome thread bro.

This berry pheno has me curious. Ever consider selfing it?

P.S. "Koala Berry"? Ugly, lazy, tree rats (says the Fruitbat). Besides, you found her, I like "Blueingupjake" myself.

Cheers,

Hunglikeafruitbat.

Last edited:
Awesome thread bro.

This berry pheno has me curious. Ever consider selfing it?

Cheers,

Hunglikeafruitbat.

You know, I haven't.

I've never really researched the effect on progeny... Meaning what is the likely hood desirable traits pass down predictably?

Hahha, funny bat over here!
Dude, I read recently that most koala's have Chlamydia in certain parts of AU. I also was reading about how venomous male platypus are... Australians gotta watch out for them selves! Here's looking at professorjj... Better get tested. Lol

Last edited:
Dude, I read recently that most koala's have Chlamydia in certain parts of AU. I also was reading about how venomous male platypus are... Australians gotta watch out for them selves! Here's looking at professorjj... Better get tested. Lol

I asked about selfing for purely selfish reasons...I want some beans HA! But there's something to be said for insurance contingencies as well. You've still got the cut in veg so you're good, but, anything could happen. Might be nice to have something to sprout that won't require as much selection as a another pack or more of WA.

"Feminized" stuff has been demonized, but, so have certain dog breeds, schools of thought etc.... There still is a lot of great fem stuff out there though, I trust my child with a Rottweiler or a bully breed over a Pomeranian any day and everyday more and more people are learning to think outside the box, do things for themselves and change their entire way of thinking (I'm looking at you, YouTube tutorials. Good job).

If you put crap in, you get crap out. You're starting with proper work so you should be good. I'd use silver as a last resort, but, I wouldn't worry too much about ugliness popping up. You haven't seen any nanners or mutations thus far right? No desire to auto on you even though you felt the finish pot was a bit small? She sounds like a winner to me as far as selfing goes. Just because some people don't play nice with a thing, doesn't mean it's a bad thing.

Now about the text I quoted.... Yup, those horrible "bears" are apparently all filthy sex perverts with the V.D. to prove it. Platypuses? Platypli? Platyplises? Whatever, venomous indeed....a venomous MAMMAL!? Metallica's "The Thing That Should Not Be" is the only thing I can think of when I hear that. Honestly, between that, the snakes, the sharks and the tiny jellyfish that can kill a house with their sting...I'm amazed any Australians ever go outside.

I always feel like telling them: "Good on ya, bro!" But then they get upset because I subconsciously copy their accents. I try to explain that I really am rooting for them, but, that just seems to make things worse. I think "rooting" means something else over there.

Cheers,

Hunglikeafruitbat.

Last edited:
Oh, I totally got why you were asking... I'm not unwilling to share! Shoot, if you were close enough I'd say let's meet up!

Interesting points you make there my winged friend. Maybe I'll pick up some silver and give it a try. Worst that can happen is they turn to shit... But as you stated "good in, good out"

I've had the koala down to 10 hours of light and not a single nanner. She's not sensitive to anything!

Right on dude, that song is definitely fitting to describe the poor platypus's (?) But man, they are cool critters.
The box jelly is the scariest thing on the planet in my mind... I wonder why Shanti loves swimming so much. Must not have ever been stung!

Hahajahahah. I think you know a little more about oz culture than you are letting on.

Stay hazed!
Jake

Last edited:
Right on dude, that song is definitely fitting to describe the poor platypus's (?)

Ah Jake, I love your keen interest in all things Australian. You'll find that the plural of platypus is platypae my friend!

Struth, now fair crack of the whip, I'm being fair dinkum here cobber!!

You've all now just witnessed me at the Aussiest I'll ever be in my entire lifetime!

And yes, those truly were real words used by your "true blue Aussies" of which you may notice I'm exempt!

Back