shit twins

ahLong

Hiya,
I put 20 Shit seeds onto a plate with wet tissue 2 days ago,
100 fu*king % all have popped today
but
i got twins -one seed with two tails. I opened the seed case and there is two plants, kool eh?
but
there were 4 sets of twins, so i now have 24 from 20 seeds hahahahaha koooool. I have read that twins do occur but how common is it? I have not seen twins before and today i found 4 .

yeah so cool man!!! once I had 2 twin seeds on a 80% sativa. all the 4 "twin" plants were indica dominant phenotypes and all females!! same smell, taste and effect like sativa pheno but different structure of flower and faster flowering period!!! sooooo strange!! was NL x Haze

I popped 10 shit seeds 30 days ago and 2 where twins. After that 6 looks like mutants and had 2 that grew normal.

Twins seem to be more common in some of the newer strains. Some say one in 100, others say one in 1000 chance. But hey, you got more plants than advertised for the price. But then, you can always clone plants and get thousands more.

There is some debate as to the genetics of Cannabis seed twins. I am of the opinion that they are identical twins, and the zygote split in two after germination. As such, they would be the same as clones. :p

Hiya,
I put 20 Shit seeds onto a plate with wet tissue 2 days ago,
100 fu*king % all have popped today
but
i got twins -one seed with two tails. I opened the seed case and there is two plants, kool eh?
but
there were 4 sets of twins, so i now have 24 from 20 seeds hahahahaha koooool. I have read that twins do occur but how common is it? I have not seen twins before and today i found 4 .

I have 18 shit seeds germing right now the very 1st one to pop is a twin. it would be awesome if they could both live

I have 18 shit seeds germing right now the very 1st one to pop is a twin. it would be awesome if they could both live

I have twelve shit seeds germing. My first one to break ground was a twin as well. Thus far, 3 out of the 6 seeds that have broke ground resulted in twins! Has Shanti or anyone else ever said anything about why this is so prevalent? Not that I am complaining.....I'm just curious what they believe might cause this.

I had a twin in my C99s from Canada last year.
Was asking around in some forums and apparently it is not exactly common but not exactly uncommon either.

People were saying all kind of stuff from "one will die off, one will dominate the pot" over "it's two identical plants, one will just be a bit smaller than the other" to "could be two genetically different phenos".
Also heard the whole "1 in 100" and "1 in 1000" etc. etc.

These reports from you guys leave me surprised, no one ever mentioned it could be "several in a pack"-type common to find twins.

Would love to hear from Shanti on this.

It looks to me like finding twins has become increasingly common through the years. The "old heads" I spoke with when I found my twin were all leaning towards sentiments like "it's a rare genetic mutation but it happens and isn't detrimental" while younger folks were more like "yeah happens here and there, nothing actually special, just see if they both survive or one dies off" and discussing a lot if one should just keep both growing in the same pot or separating them into individual pots...

With it becoming apparently quite common now, I would surmise that this is the effect of genetic manipulation.

Meaning from where I stand, it sounds like certain plants have this trait present in their genetics and said plants must have been used more and more widely in breeding processes throughout the last years/decades to the point where it apparently is now a common occurance...

Interesting, weird, slightly worrying from my end.

Back