beating the winter blues

I am really bad about labelling anything in the garden. This slackness almost made me lose my beloved shit cut as did not realize only one clone was in this run. I had accepted the fact it was lost, then as budding commenced one plant began to get the look and YES, the cut survives! This one is a bit crowded but producing that classic shit top and the piney terps are already coming out. I am almost curious enough to pick up a new shit pack and see how it compares. Until then this truly is an all time classic, one of my most favorite highs over the years.

Hey Jake

"Cali" is just a reference/homage to all the past Californian breeders who were essential in developing some of the all time great herb. The name mostly alludes to old school strains like SK1, Haze, California Orange, etc that were stabilized or open bred on the left coast by earlier breeders.

This cut should be ready in a week or two, likes to go 9 weeks but worth it. Will take a few more pictures then! I highly recommend the strain for sure but this pack was from early 2000s era (some debate about parental stock over the years).

Ah, gotcha!
I was gifted a couple GDP cuts and one of them was also called "Cali" cut. So, of course I had to ask.

Good to know.

Well, if I ever get around to running a pack of shit I will use your gal as the bench mark.

I am more interested in my Critical Haze at the moment though. So maybe that's something for 2017.

Can't wait to see finished pics.
Keep up the good work.

Jake

Hi sysadmin, thanks for coming back and keeping the thread alive man! your cali keeper sounds fantastic, great to see you are still running her years later! Shit has always caught my eye (call me pinkeye lol), Ive been debating between shit or nordle but I think you have inspired me to give Shit a run this year :)
Keep up the good work
Ghost

Hey Jake

"Cali" is just a reference/homage to all the past Californian breeders who were essential in developing some of the all time great herb. The name mostly alludes to old school strains like SK1, Haze, California Orange, etc that were stabilized or open bred on the left coast by earlier breeders.

This cut should be ready in a week or two, likes to go 9 weeks but worth it. Will take a few more pictures then! I highly recommend the strain for sure but this pack was from early 2000s era (some debate about parental stock over the years).
Hi great thread
I am interested in the debate abut the parentage as I just purchased a pack of shit among others.
Can you tell me what happened?
I am guessing like most strains a mom or dad dies and a replacement is bred and not the same anymore....

Hey

I was referring to the Swiss raid and the debate on whether copies of all parental stock were safe elsewhere. Shanti seems like the type who has a backup plan though. I have grown mns genetics since then that are still very good.

Here is a chop shot of top shit bud, about the size of a nerf! Heavy pine mixed with musky skunk spray undertones. Went close to 10 weeks this time as am behind on everything this year! sticky, dank old school funk

How do you like the Cindy ? Who's are you running is it the mosca ? Seems like they was doing good and dropped off the map don't know where you can get Cindy seeds now if you didn't stock up

Hey Kief

These c99 were from Gypsy Nirvana collection believe it was GN03? My memory is he commissioned Mau of Nirvana seeds to make the f2s from GN personal Grimm stock. Anyway still running the sat dom cut, I find other strains to yield better but few finish as fast and consistently as c99. It ages/stores well and delivers a strong sativa high for sure, this one tastes like fruity pebbles after a month cure.

No idea who holds good GN lines, Mosca was supposedly good but other than GN03 the others that were considered very close to original stock was Joey Weed, but seems to be another grower went on looking for a better way!

So much more to the skunk 1 story it will blow your mind! Sam Selenzy aka Sam the Skunkman ( real name David Watson stole all sacred seed stock

Any questions just ask. I believe he is Tied to the DEA and know he took his remaining stock and uses it for G.W. Pharma. Sativex Is the product that they made. He is a snitch and a fraud!

Hi.

Would ask you please consider this forum is meant to be a place of admiration and learning about the plant, less room for this type of comment here.

We try to stick to the plant. Not accusations and such. I'm sure you understand.

Thanks in advance.

No accusations or anything but:

I thought it was common knowledge that the Sam story is a bit of a dead end and nobody can really say if the DEA connection is true n stuff ...
He is also fairly active over on IC so there's that.

Anyway, what I really wanted to comment:
I thought Sam's skunk stock went over to flying dutchmen?
I read in many places that aside from Mr. Nice's Shit (which is supposedly the more smelly/stanky version of the Skunk#1 from yesteryear), Flying Dutchmen's "the pure" is the closest to the "original" Skunk#1 of yore.

It was my impression that for "classic" skunk one should look either in the Shit line or in the Pure line while most other Skunks on the market were bottlenecked towards "sweet" and "fruity".

But I have to admit that I didn't pay as much attention to skunk as other strains.
I basically came to a point where I was convinced that Mr. Nice Shit was a good and close representative to "original Skunk#1", bought 2 packs and called it a day.

I currently have 5 of them Shits running and already in seedling stage they are definitely noteworthy compared to the other strains. Fast and vigorous growth, take abuse better than others etc.

Back