Genetics of La Niña

goldberg71

I just recently finished my first run of La Niña. I wound up with 2 phenos. One appeared almost pure sativa with an aroma and taste that takes this strain right near the top of my list of all the strains I've tried from MNS. As soon as I fired up the first test bowl I got online and was surprised to find a winter cleaning auction. So I made sure I won it. This way if for some reason I lose this cut I have plenty of beans on hand to insure I find this exact pheno again. That said I have to go through the effort of paying for them and all that brings with it. I'm in the USA so it's not like ordering from Amazon. From what I can find out the haze used in this cross is mullimbimby madness. From what I can find La Niña is the only strain in the MNS stable with this parent? Because if there is another strain with this EXACT parent I'd like to pick it up now in the same order. Does anyone have any insight on other strains with this MM parent?

Last edited:
howdy GB,

I think la niña is the only mns variety that contains mullumbimby madness. It might be the only madness cross you'll be able to find anywhere online. Atleast the only one I would trust ordering from *wink *wink ~~dont trust reeferman site.

I had 3 la niñas last yr. 2 had fairly broad leaves and triggered flowering very early and the cut samples were pretty damn potent. The other one was narrow leafed, and didnt triggered flowering early like the others, I had high hopes for some sativa buds, but it ended up dying in the heat in august. The year before that i had a nice resinous female with smooth and strong smoke. BTW I didn't see any intersex action.

howdy GB,

I think la niña is the only mns variety that contains mullumbimby madness. It might be the only madness cross you'll be able to find anywhere online. Atleast the only one I would trust ordering from *wink *wink ~~dont trust reeferman site.

I had 3 la niñas last yr. 2 had fairly broad leaves and triggered flowering very early and the cut samples were pretty damn potent. The other one was narrow leafed, and didnt triggered flowering early like the others, I had high hopes for some sativa buds, but it ended up dying in the heat in august. The year before that i had a nice resinous female with smooth and strong smoke. BTW I didn't see any intersex action.
I popped 6 beans and I got 3 male - my first herie - 2 females. They both taste and smelled the same. One had buds the same size and shape of the BW keeper I have. The other was a straight up sativa haze. That had just a little better smell and taste but I liked the buzz better and sticky as a bastard. It was very airy and stemmy too. But I'm still saving it for myself because I think I can do better with it the next run. It still pushed out 4 OZ but no "big buds". Personally that doesn't make a bit of difference to me. But most people I deal with would have complained solely on bag appeal. Because it didn't look pretty I took 3 cuttings from the mum and threw it away. Then I planted 1 and it's still to small for cuttings so I'm going to have to wait a run to continue my work with it. I liked it so much that I went right to the auctions and just by luck there was a spring cleaning of LN so I picked it up. I figure sometime over the next year I'm going to pop a couple of groups of 20 and do some real selecting. There's something different about it and I want to try and bring that out a bit if I can. Maybe I'll find another hazey one to make some fem seeds to dig into for some inline and cross breeding.

Last edited:
Back