longhorn-albums-recent-picture10897-img-0065.jpg
longhorn-albums-recent-picture10896-img-0064.jpg
longhorn-albums-recent-picture10900-img-0069.jpg

right before flip
longhorn-albums-recent-picture9994-hempys.jpg

new moms in 1 gallon hempys
longhorn-albums-recent-picture10901-img-0071.jpg

Harvest Flushing

I've done an Internet search on harvest flushing, and it seems like there is no agreement on whether it's needed or not, whether to ph the tap water or not, and if molasses can be used in place of a flushing agent. I grow in both coco/perlte, and perlite/vermiculite. My last Critical Mass run caused some headaches, and I wasn't sure in which step of the process I may have erred (flushing, drying, curing.) I flushed with plain tap of 7.3 for a week. I fed with GH Maxibloom powder, feeding every other day prior to flushing. I don't think I've ever heard Hempy speak on the matter.

try feeding the last 3 weeks water only
the 1st week water and enzymes, the last 2 only water.

measure the EC going in and going out. around week 6 most strains the EC will start to go up. this is a sign the plant isnt hungry anymore and is actually giving up minerals. so any extra food you add it wont be uptaken and actually may cause issues like lockout.

so try feeding only water 3-4 weeks. after a months dry and cure, drying and manicuring the charmilles method, you will have some tasty clean herb no doubt. no poppin cracklin sounds, no difficulty lighting, just a smooth clean burn

bless up!

I've done an Internet search on harvest flushing, and it seems like there is no agreement on whether it's needed or not, whether to ph the tap water or not, and if molasses can be used in place of a flushing agent. I grow in both coco/perlte, and perlite/vermiculite. My last Critical Mass run caused some headaches, and I wasn't sure in which step of the process I may have erred (flushing, drying, curing.) I flushed with plain tap of 7.3 for a week. I fed with GH Maxibloom powder, feeding every other day prior to flushing.

I don't think I've ever heard Hempy speak on the matter.

That's funny. I know the exact answers to all your questions because Hempy's covered all of them on this forum. When to flush at what ph and when/how he feeds etc and he's NEVER mentioned a ph of 7.3 or mollasses lol.

Last edited:
Ok, well it's been a while since I read this thread, and to be honest I skipped about 40 pages due to members fighting. An Internet search of Flushing Hempy bucket gave a lot of differing methods. I guess I'll just flush with plain tap water. I never said Hempy flushes at 7.3, only that is my tap water ph. I'll check out IC mag's Hempy thread too. Thanks guys for the response.

I couldn't find any info on Hempy's harvest flushing

That's funny. I know the exact answers to all your questions because Hempy's covered all of them on this forum. When to flush at what ph and when/how he feeds etc and he's NEVER mentioned a ph of 7.3 or mollasses lol.

Hey Ganga Man1, I went through the entire Hempy bucket thread, and no where does he discuss his method of harvest flushing. I did see your method of 2 weeks using ph'd water. I saw Jesse post this - "You would go about flushing in the same manner as feeding, only with water instead of nutrient based solution. So just feed them straight water for the remaining couple weeks of flower and that should suffice. Follow your regular feeding schedule, only substituted with water only. Of course I would always yield to hempy's advice, which may or may not be similar in nature."

I found several Hempy posts or quotes of his posts where he said he was having his posts deleted.
For example -
#325 I have deleted all my posts in here bar the first post and the ones here in this page i am in no mood for your fucken childish games you all better understand this as its gone past the brink now and this is a warning you best follow as even shanti can not reason with me now.
#326 I have asked for my account to be closed with all my posts to be remove and i will allow only the hempy bucket post to remain i will leave the on line cannabis community for good now as most of you make me sick you really are pathetic.
#413 I have edited removed all my posts years of work coop gone life i dont care like i sed i am done i have asked to be deleted 2 times i think this year shanti in privet talked me out of it trust me i dont like drama no normal person does.

So maybe he deleted the posts you were referring to. I saw he had an old profile and a new one. I searched the 27 pages of his new profile's posts and found no mention of how he harvest flushes. I know everyone has their own way, and I was curious what his was. I've read his initial pages on feeding, watering, ph, etc., over a year ago before I started doing the Hempy bucket. Can I assume he doesn't flush because he doesn't include it in the instructions? His last post was in July 2013, so I'm not sure he checks his messages but perhaps I need to send him a private message. If you knew the exact answers I'd appreciate the info, since I spent about two hours looking for it today, but I understand if you don't want to. I am still a noob, and I ask a lot of questions. So as you see, I have still not heard Hempy speak on the matter, unless it's somewhere I didn't look.

Last edited:
...His last post was in July 2013, so I'm not sure he checks his messages but perhaps I need to send him a private message. If you knew the exact answers I'd appreciate the info, since I spent about two hours looking for it today, but I understand if you don't want to. I am still a noob, and I ask a lot of questions. So as you see, I have still not heard Hempy speak on the matter, unless it's somewhere I didn't look.

Hey Music Buzz, you've been in this thread before asking questions regarding how to support a big plant. When I answered I never even got a simple thank you, so don't be too surprised if I'm not too keen to answer you again.

Hempy's stated how he feeds his plants in this thread. You say you read it a year ago, but you still feed differently. He has also discussed his flushing method in other threads and it took me about 5 minutes using the "search" function.

So for you to come in the thread implying that he's never mentioned it is false and rude. It's not his fault if you chose not to listen and I only answer peeps who show appreciation and share their stuff. It's a 2-way thing ;)

Good lord, I never implied he never mentioned it, only that I haven't seen it, and perhaps he deleted his post. As to never showing appreciation, apparently you did not read this that I posted yesterday
Thanks guys for the response.

I did use your idea for supporting plants in Hempy Buckets the same way I had been doing my soil plants. Sorry if I hurt your feelings by not thanking you immediately. Whenever I donate money or answer someones question somewhere on the web, I do it out of the goodness of my heart, or just to share knowledge, without needing or expecting gratitude, but I realize some people need to be thanked.

I feed my plants just like Hempy except with different ferts, and I ph it to 6.2, and feed every other day, so I don't know why you have an issue with that. All I asked was how he flushed his plants at harvest. I wanted to know how long he harvest flushed for, and whether he ph'd his flush. If my search skills are inadequate, I'm willing to admit it. All I would have liked is someone to respond with, " I read where Hempy flushes for two weeks with ph'd water."

If you don't want to answer my question, then I don't mind, and I do appreciate most of your posts I've seen. Have a happy holidays.

Last edited:
Good lord, I never implied he never mentioned it...
Yes you did.

I did use your idea for supporting plants in Hempy Buckets the same way I had been doing my soil plants. Sorry if I hurt your feelings by not thanking you immediately. Whenever I donate money or answer someones question somewhere on the web, I do it out of the goodness of my heart, or just to share knowledge, without needing or expecting gratitude, but I realize some people need to be thanked.
Relax. You didn't hurt my feelings and I don't need to be thanked. The reason why I refused to answer you was because I didn't like your tone. I thought you was rude in the way you was asking your questions. If I am wrong then I am the one who should be apologising.

I feed my plants just like Hempy except with different ferts, and I ph it to 6.2, and feed every other day, so I don't know why you have an issue with that...
Again. Relax. I don't have an issue with what you do with your plants and I never will.

If you don't want to answer my question, then I don't mind, and I do appreciate most of your posts I've seen. Have a happy holidays.
Hope this helps. Happy holidays to you too :)

What up GM? Your garden back up yet? Hempy buckets are a very simple and efficient way to grow your cannabis. I just got a Autumn Cleaning pack of Mango Haze. I plan to drop 40-60 of them all at once when I get my garden back going... See if we cant find us a keeper ;)

No hard feelings man. We'll just have to agree to disagree on semantics. When I said "I don't think I've ever heard Hempy speak on the matter," I meant I hadn't read anywhere where he spoke about it, and I didn't mean he has never spoke on the matter. Just one of those things where the written word mis-communicates. I wish Hempy would come back to this forum, as I'd love to hear of any new experiments he's tried. My hempy yields are three times as much as my soil grow, and my coco vs the perlite runs seem slightly higher. I'm actually phasing out soil runs. I never ran hydro in the past because of the hassle of pumps, timers, needing to relocate plants at a moments notice, etc. I may try another nutrient line in the future, as Black Widow, SSH, and Critical Mass all seem to have different needs. With soil I had to wait days to see if a nute change had an effect, and with the hempy buckets the results are quick, and if I over fert I can correct it sooner.

What up GM? Your garden back up yet? Hempy buckets are a very simple and efficient way to grow your cannabis. I just got a Autumn Cleaning pack of Mango Haze. I plan to drop 40-60 of them all at once when I get my garden back going... See if we cant find us a keeper ;)
Yo weez sup? Nice to see you as always. Still not up yet myself but I've been helping a mate. He's got two HUGE hb's going atm growing Kali crosses.

Just blazing up a shark shock fatty to celebrate the life of Nelson Mandella. Sad that he's no longer with us in person. RIP.

I bet you can't wait to start your MH quest man big up! How you gonna grow 40 - 60 plants all at once? If I had that room I'd do my keeper search growing in small regular pots. 40 - 60 HB's is a lotta work and requires a lotta daily attention, so bear this in mind and good luck :)

Last edited:
music buzz, sorry for the lousy advice youve recieved and the bullshit youve had to put up with to get it.

water only for 3-4 weeks. maybe begin with water and enzymes 2 weeks then water only 2 weeks. that should be enough for a clean smoke, even 2 weeks after the chop, only dried and not cured.

my z7 in hempies...
1378519_418159874956921_648414638_n.jpg

xku9g9.jpg

1498e8g.jpg

and some black divina, a widow cross...
no944k.jpg

most plants after 6 weeks of flowering will begin to give nutes back, so youll see the EC of the water after youve fed actually go up, so any more food will simply not be taken up, and will actually harm your roots.

see cannatari for more info re:

bless up

A grow buddy recently harvested these two massive hempy buckets. I envy him. The yield looks large!...
2_buckets.jpg

2_buckets_b.jpg

2_buckets_d.jpg

Some type of kali cross. Tastes quite fruity too. I wonder what she'd be like if crossed with a shark male?

Last edited:
So...if you use coco in your bucket(perlite in the rez)...is coco specific nutes recommended? I would think not...as most of the feeding will be taking place in the rez once the roots get down there. I remember Hempy saying he used canna sunbstra I think, or whichever canna nute was for run to waste.

So...if you use coco in your bucket(perlite in the rez)...is coco specific nutes recommended? I would think not...as most of the feeding will be taking place in the rez once the roots get down there. I remember Hempy saying he used canna sunbstra I think, or whichever canna nute was for run to waste.
Having used both (canna coco & hydro) when I was growing, I can say that there's no difference. Any good hydro or coco nutes will do just fine when growing in hempy buckets.

Just thought I'd throw up an update on my small current grow.

This is a pic taken a while back. They are 2 x 10 litre coco/perl hb's and a small reg pot, so that's just 3 plants altogether. Feeding canna coco nutes this round.

They was under the 250w up until around day 7 12/12. This is them at day 4 12/12 just before I took some cuts...
4_days_flr.jpg

And here they are, moved under the 400w, at day 17 12/12...
17_days_flra.jpg

17_days_flrb.jpg

Last edited:
Hey GM I really enjoyed doing hempy buckets, maybe next run I'll do half hb again. Do you switch h rooms or just the ballast and bulb when you upgrade to the 400? Have you ever tried the 400 the entire flower? I think I remember you have before. I would assume yield would increase. I know my hb yielded really well I had I think 9 plants or so in 2 gal hb they were under 1200 watts and I pulled around 2 lbs.

Back