Nev. haze mango

@Deep goat
I almost forgot. Only #2 showed pre flowers. Number 1 took a week or two too show me. That's if my memory serves me right. Lots of beta testing between then and now
Thanks Guy, this is helpful info.
I'll shorten my "daylight" hours even further (I've been at 16 hours since the beginning) and put a couple of red bulbs in my 6 x 4ft. T5 array to try to inspire pre-flowering a little more; even going as far as temporarily using 12 hours. I've gotten (male) pre-flowering on two other strains under current conditions so far. My goal is to ID and lose all the dudes, and turn the ladies into mums to take clones from.

<adjusts timer, swaps bulbs>

Re: curing. I had a Nepalese Highland cross that was rather lackluster shortly after harvest, but, wow!, what a difference after a two to three month cure.
For the positive, of course. :)

take care, and best o' luck with those girls.

Thanks Guy, this is helpful info.
I'll shorten my "daylight" hours even further (I've been at 16 hours since the beginning) and put a couple of red bulbs in my 6 x 4ft. T5 array to try to inspire pre-flowering a little more; even going as far as temporarily using 12 hours. I've gotten (male) pre-flowering on two other strains under current conditions so far. My goal is to ID and lose all the dudes, and turn the ladies into mums to take clones from.

<adjusts timer, swaps bulbs>

Re: curing. I had a Nepalese Highland cross that was rather lackluster shortly after harvest, but, wow!, what a difference after a two to three month cure.
For the positive, of course. :)

take care, and best o' luck with those girls.

That's what makes pheno hunting a haze so hard. They take 3+ months to flower and then the first time u sample it u feel like you've been duped cuz lots of 9 week strains are better. So I have clones of these plants that are 8 weeks old, they stretched so much I had to take new cuts n start over. But I will have to hold them for another 2-3 months to see if its worth running again? Wow!!!

My first run with nev haze crosses I was so let down after the first sample I pulled the clones. I did keep some of the herb to cure for 2 months but was still no good.
I'm on this mission because I can only imagine the finest herb I've had was haze. It lasted hours n made me feel cartoonish. This was in the late 90's. it seems no one in my neck if the woods is willing to flower much past 8 weeks. I expect it to be tough to find so I bought a wide variety of mns haze hybrids. Well almost all of them. I grew a small selection of nl5 haze. So now ill be looking thru these, Neville haze, widow ac, mango haze IBL, super silver haze, master kaze, La Niña, and the nl5 haze. Realistically it will take the next 2 years due to my numbers but I grow the sativas for myself.

Keep me updated on your grow, I am interested. You can throw pics up here if you don't start your own grow report.

Last edited:
Here is number 1 looks like it has more than 10 days left but well see. It really has more fox tails with the occasional bud. Instead of buds that fox tail. Has pretty decent coverage.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    644.8 KB · Views: 109
Here is number 2 looks like a very nice yielding plant. My fingers are crossed. Of course ill try some ASAP but I'm gonna cure this like its gold and hope it is

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    723.6 KB · Views: 102
Still chuggin. #1 us starting to purple and its def. not temps. It has been on straight phd water for 2+ weeks. Still lots of white pistils hairs and I have not looked at the trichs yet. I almost felt like giving a shot of nutes and then restarting the flush. That's just my lack of experience with late flowering plants.

Still chuggin. #1 us starting to purple and its def. not temps. It has been on straight phd water for 2+ weeks. Still lots of white pistils hairs and I have not looked at the trichs yet. I almost felt like giving a shot of nutes and then restarting the flush. That's just my lack of experience with late flowering plants.
Hang in there, Guy... Fox-tail City's just around the corner. :)

I've so far lost 2/5 of my NHMs to male pattern baldness, with a third looking like a comb-over's in the works. The first one that turned male was the big one that looked NH. If I'm lucky, I'll have at least two girls to mummify and take clones from for the actual flowering out, prolly in September. 13 seeds left after this five, and 1 pack each of NH, Doors, and Cure to grow through (re: MNS).

cheers

ps I'm using a 10 hour day to force flowering to ID the dudes.

nice thread and good work ohthatguy, i saw you have grown the new seeds from nevil too, i will be interested to have your opinion on comparing the new seeds of nevil and your nevils mango, and by the way there is no skunk in nevils mango because the father is not mango haze its Northern light 5 X haze C, it was named 5Hz122 like the mother of mango haze, female 5Hz122 and male 5Hz122 are siblings. well it was just to share a little of pedigree history :)
have fun man !

Last edited:
Crikey, I'm down to 1/5 NHM after a bit over 1 week of "10 hr. day" flowering.
And to promote the insult/injury paradigm, it's the bloody NL5-leaner!
Boooo
:)

Crikey, I'm down to 1/5 NHM after a bit over 1 week of "10 hr. day" flowering.
And to promote the insult/injury paradigm, it's the bloody NL5-leaner!
Boooo
:)

I'm sorry to hear that. Hopefully it's just a sativa leaner that looks nl5 ish. These 2 are still rockin. There at 12 weeks n lookin to go 14ish. There is no way in hell ill take them early after this long.

nice thread and good work ohthatguy, i saw you have grown the new seeds from nevil too, i will be interested to have your opinion on comparing the new seeds of nevil and your nevils mango, and by the way there is no skunk in nevils mango because the father is not mango haze its Northern light 5 X haze C, it was named 5Hz122 like the mother of mango haze, female 5Hz122 and male 5Hz122 are siblings. well it was just to share a little of pedigree history :)
have fun man !

Hey batman hope all is well. That's interesting. I knew the 5hz 122 was used for mango haze. I thought this was a select male of mango haze to a select female of Neville haze. Every day I get more excited to smoke this strain.

Last edited:
Here is a shot of #1 13 week mark. Things are actually starting to happen fast now. Seems like every day there is more tricomes stacking. #2 is getting very close. I checked with my scope this am and I'm close to 20%amber. #1 is showing more amber but maybe 10%.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    599.8 KB · Views: 66
Good morning.
I took plant two just shy of 14 weeks. It's dry now and in jars. I did sample a joint and it needs a cure. The buzz was nice but not as devastating as i would hope from a plant that flowered this long. I'm hoping the cure helps that and the flavor. Number 1 it's still rocking drinking straight water. I'm betting on this plant for my first nice hazey smoke.

Attachments

• 20130815_191452.jpg
    20130815_191452.jpg
    577.4 KB · Views: 74
Good morning.
I took plant two just shy of 14 weeks. It's dry now and in jars. I did sample a joint and it needs a cure. The buzz was nice but not as devastating as i would hope from a plant that flowered this long. I'm hoping the cure helps that and the flavor. Number 1 it's still rocking drinking straight water. I'm betting on this plant for my first nice hazey smoke.

Looks tasty. Hazes taste terrible without at least a month cure, plus they can make you feel sick after smoking.

Looks tasty. Hazes taste terrible without at least a month cure, plus they can make you feel sick after smoking.

Thank you sir! And I appreciate your input on the cure. I gave a friend an ounce because he was between harvest, when I was there yesterday he had one rolled and who would I be to refuse. It was already better. I have plenty put upfor a good cure. Thursday Will be the 15 week Mark on number 1. I'm going to chop her down and hang it up for a month before my first sample. Of course when I chop her I'm going to channel my inner l33t and get my best shot in the BOTM contest.

Thank you sir! And I appreciate your input on the cure. I gave a friend an ounce because he was between harvest, when I was there yesterday he had one rolled and who would I be to refuse. It was already better. I have plenty put upfor a good cure. Thursday Will be the 15 week Mark on number 1. I'm going to chop her down and hang it up for a month before my first sample. Of course when I chop her I'm going to channel my inner l33t and get my best shot in the BOTM contest.

Hazes are best after 2-4 month cure, if you are able to wait that long.

Hazes are best after 2-4 month cure, if you are able to wait that long.

I have so much of this I'll easily be able to wait till the 2-4 month Mark. I prefer my meds cured and take all strains to the month Mark at minimum for personal use. But I also can't resist smoking a freshly died sample of a strain that's on its first run. The reason I ask about the importance of a long cure on haze, and I guess my real question was Will you know you have a desirable pheno before the cure? You already answered that in my mind. No. It's gross tasting and can make you feel awful before the cure. Also I have sativa dom cbd testers which will need to be lab tested. With plants of this nature do you need to cure it before taking it to the lab? I've never had anything tested but I thought it could be freshly dried samples.

I think you will know you have something special as soon as the first trichomes start forming early in flower.

the best plants I have ever grown caught my attention that early.

On the other hand, I have never been surprised by something after the cure that I didn't already have my eye on while it was growing.

Back