Neville's Skunk information

Lady Spade

I'm considering Neville's Skunk for my first official Mr Nice grow. The strain descr. indicates that phenos taking longer than 12 weeks to flower should be discarded. Realistically how long should I expect average flower times on these? Is this a direct F1 hybrid, or is it a stabilized hybrid like Black Widow? I hear this is a head stash quality strain. Are there any particular phenos to look for?

Hi Spade,
The pheno to look for in any strain is always the one you, the individual cultivator and visionary prefer. This can vary greatly in terms of smoke characteristic, plant profile and yield, aesthetic appearance, aroma etc. So its usually the best plant out of the mix, sometimes that becomes difficult to narrow down with plants of extreme quality such as the MNS Haze hybrids.

I would recommend pming Shanti about specific questions as to the breeding status of Nevilles Skunk, most of the strains here at MNS are F1 hybrids however to what degree this line was developed is likely better suited for the breeder himself.

I would not hesitate to grow this line, if Shanti has designed this variety to be easier to find a special phenotype you can wager that is exactly what he did. Good luck. :)

Nevil's Skunk is similar to Nevil's Haze in growth patterns,yet it is earlier and can yield well indoor or outdoor if you can wait until mid November to harvest.
Grow them large,everything turns to flowers when harvest time rolls around.
I'll give mine 4 outta 5 stars and a good B+ for potency.
Selection of the pheno type will still be up to you.
Very Nice Plant
ax

this is one hell of a strain very and i mean very hazy,,,, all 7 of my gals were pure hazy in every way well nearly,,,didnt really see any skunk in them they all smelled oniony/hazy doesnt sound nice but trust me they do a couple had fruity under tones and they were more chunky but the rest were pure hazy, ive never grown nevils haze but i would say the only part the sk shanti used in this superb cross shows up in the way she grows {eg} easy to handle,not as much stretch,and the fruity under tones here and there.... in my case the longest and possible the best goes 13/14 weeks but is a wonderful hazy smoke and ive tried quite a few ssh and i think nevils skunk gives the old ssh a good running for her money....... i wouldnt hesitate in cracking a pack of nevils skunk infact am gonna be ordering a couple of pack one day soon......

Last edited:
Flowering time of NS is 9-11 weeks, I didn't find bottom 9.
Its ok for indoor growing.
It has late flowering trigger same as all haze's (outdoor) so it
can not fully finish above 39 lat.
Medium rich with trichomes but its very strong.
Vigor is 10/10.

All in all, strain which all growers should try it.

Flowering time of NS is 9-11 weeks, I didn't find bottom 9.
Its ok for indoor growing.
It has late flowering trigger same as all haze's (outdoor) so it
can not fully finish above 39 lat.
Medium rich with trichomes but its very strong.
Vigor is 10/10.

All in all, strain which all growers should try it.

worst strain ive grown indoors in 30+ years
huge plants with great vigor and massive yeilds
way below average potency and doesnt like to burn even after a longer then normal flush

Hi All

well it is a great strain and one worth selecting a mother from if you do 2 or 3 packets so you can find a plant that does all within 10 weeks...they are there but needs a little work.
For Mr Barfly it seems you may have done something wrong to get such a poor potency when all else was good. I expect you did not select a mother and probably only did a single grow of NS, so your experience may be true for you but it is not so for that strain. Not many people get everything right on every strain first time...experience is necessary for every strain, once you do the selection. We always do 3 crops to be sure...but there are enough strains out there to find one if you do not first succeed.

All the best sb

worst strain ive grown indoors in 30+ years
huge plants with great vigor and massive yeilds
way below average potency and doesnt like to burn even after a longer then normal flush

Im not new grower too and I know what are you talking about.
However must agree with Shanti.

My logic says if seeds/genetics suks I need to say that at
public not to blame breeder but to push him to do his job better so
will have better genetics/selection on the market,
what isnt case with Neville's Skunk.

Also, I do not buy seeds from retailers who doing opened packs.
Maybe it sounds strange to you but some of them doing f2 and
selling as a original. For f2 must be selection, so .....

However, Im sorry if you have bad experience with NS, no matter from what
reason is, all what I can say about NS is in superlative.

Last edited:
I'm considering Neville's Skunk for my first official Mr Nice grow. The strain descr. indicates that phenos taking longer than 12 weeks to flower should be discarded. Realistically how long should I expect average flower times on these? Is this a direct F1 hybrid, or is it a stabilized hybrid like Black Widow? I hear this is a head stash quality strain. Are there any particular phenos to look for?

I've never grown this, but reading some of the NS threads she looks like a tasty plant. I'm sure that if you ran a pack you'll find something special.

If Shanti rates it then it's gotta be some goooood sheeeeit :D

GM1

I only germed 2 seeds. 1:1 m/f.

She is a gem. Stinks to high heaven, you can't hide it even when wrapped well, just hums. Powerful too!

01217.JPG

01313.JPG

0168.JPG

0174.JPG

Enjoy

Fijian

Hi All

well it is a great strain and one worth selecting a mother from if you do 2 or 3 packets so you can find a plant that does all within 10 weeks...they are there but needs a little work.
For Mr Barfly it seems you may have done something wrong to get such a poor potency when all else was good. I expect you did not select a mother and probably only did a single grow of NS, so your experience may be true for you but it is not so for that strain. Not many people get everything right on every strain first time...experience is necessary for every strain, once you do the selection. We always do 3 crops to be sure...but there are enough strains out there to find one if you do not first succeed.

All the best sb

ran clones from 5 different girls (only got 5 from an entire straw received directly from you) 4 times trying things a bit different each time in hopes i could find a reason why the strain was so low in potency and didnt burn well

got massive yeilds of thick buds for a haze cross, so it wasnt hay as far as appearence/yeild but it isnt worth smoking so the yeild imo is pointless

have grown many sativa dom and pure sativas over the years and never had poor results like this

on to the next strain i guess

Hi barfly,
Do you have any pictures of this grow in full flower for us? The reason I ask is because its often times, if not nearly impossible, to narrow down all possibilities without at least some point of reference or aid. And even then, you're not in the grow room itself, nor can you watch the growers habits routinely, so its an uphill battle attempting to draw any solid conclusions to these sort of things.

Some possible explanations could be extreme heat, this could adversely affect resin production and is one of a few explanations that come to mind immediately if you werent seeing potency in any of the females.

If the buds were not burning well, this is likely the result of a high nutrient diet without a proper flushing cycle or perhaps even cannabis which is not properly dried or cured? Though again it can be difficult to pin-point any solid problems without actually being present to see all methodologies and environmental situations.

The more information we can have, I think the more we can attempt to narrow down any issues and come to resolutions, solutions etc. which get everyone on the right track again.

Hi barfly,
Do you have any pictures of this grow in full flower for us? The reason I ask is because its often times, if not nearly impossible, to narrow down all possibilities without at least some point of reference or aid. And even then, you're not in the grow room itself, nor can you watch the growers habits routinely, so its an uphill battle attempting to draw any solid conclusions to these sort of things.

Some possible explanations could be extreme heat, this could adversely affect resin production and is one of a few explanations that come to mind immediately if you werent seeing potency in any of the females.

If the buds were not burning well, this is likely the result of a high nutrient diet without a proper flushing cycle or perhaps even cannabis which is not properly dried or cured? Though again it can be difficult to pin-point any solid problems without actually being present to see all methodologies and environmental situations.

The more information we can have, I think the more we can attempt to narrow down any issues and come to resolutions, solutions etc. which get everyone on the right track again.

if you read what i said you would see i even flushed one crop longer then normal, so no there would not of been any nutrient left let alone a build up

as for temps, never higher then 80 lights on and never lower then 65 lights out

any other advice is welcome

There seems to be a real lack of reports on this strain. Many of the threads on Nevs Skunk don't seem to say what the final product was like. I am really interested in the strain and would love to know more. Has anyone got a decent smoke report on it?
Keep it green,
TF

why even have the mans name here just about every plant produced is his workl come on this is ridiculous and he gona be back bigger and better than ever i mean come on this is all nevils work not shantis even though i like shanti also but lets see some new stuff

why even have the mans name here just about every plant produced is his workl come on this is ridiculous and he gona be back bigger and better than ever i mean come on this is all nevils work not shantis even though i like shanti also but lets see some new stuff

Nevil had nothing to do with creation of White Widow or any of its descendents, Rimmeo.

Cracked 9 Nevs Sk around 5 weeks ago which I received directly from Shanti last year. Got excellent germination rates and the plants are extremely vigorous and fast growing. Was disappointed to only get 2 girls from the 9. PM'd Shanti to see about M:F ratios in Nev Sk to see if it was a one off/if I'd been unlucky or if testing had shown up an increased ratio of males to females. Still not heard anything back (though it has only been a week and I know he must be busy). I was hoping for a few more ladies but these things happen - maybe I cracked the wrong half of the straw!
The two I am left with are 16 days in flower and are really stretching though the skunk influence is obvious in both. They are particularly pungent in the grow space and are giving my filter a good work-out. I'll stick some pictures up as and when I get my camera sorted.
Keep it green,
The Flea.

Cracked 9 Nevs Sk around 5 weeks ago which I received directly from Shanti last year. Got excellent germination rates and the plants are extremely vigorous and fast growing. Was disappointed to only get 2 girls from the 9. PM'd Shanti to see about M:F ratios in Nev Sk to see if it was a one off/if I'd been unlucky or if testing had shown up an increased ratio of males to females. Still not heard anything back (though it has only been a week and I know he must be busy). I was hoping for a few more ladies but these things happen - maybe I cracked the wrong half of the straw!
The two I am left with are 16 days in flower and are really stretching though the skunk influence is obvious in both. They are particularly pungent in the grow space and are giving my filter a good work-out. I'll stick some pictures up as and when I get my camera sorted.
Keep it green,
The Flea.

So the smells and tastes are more Skunk than Haze? Maybe I should try another. I was interested in this as early alternative to Neville's.

Back