2011 - Critical Widow

C

Chana Masala

High again brothers...

Not a journal, just some flowering and bud pictures if I may.

So far, I have one keeper out of the 8 beans. 5 of those beans were tested by brother Medicine Man, which can be seen in his thread.

Great yield and and found more of a high then stone. Also, noted a lemon dom pheno in MM's 5 pack.

So far it looks like his pheno 10 is the keeper. Great vigor and AAA smoke. More to come in the future for this one for sure.

Pheno 1

CW_Jan_7_2012_I.JPG

Pheno 2

CW_Jan_7_2012.JPG

Pheno 3

CW_Jan_7_2012_J.JPG

I found this grow very similar to the CriticalHz. Low ec, and very easy to work with. Nice vigor and some great aromas off most phenos, leaning more to the widow side from my 3 runners. Yield was also above average in 5 gallon pot. I imagine if grown in a 7 gal this would of been true Critical expression. I also found my 2 runners to be very hazy. I did not find them sleepy or drowsy when smoking in the morning or night. Pheno 1 looked like it was skunk dom. Smoked like a skunk too.

It really is nice to have a strain nobody else has, at least for the moment.

Thanks once again Mr. Baba!

CM

funny how different growers get different results.... I found one exteremely sleepy plant, also noticed a little lemon aroma too..
But in all I found them indica stoney..
All the best chana.
Peace
BL

Hey Chana,

Beautiful man... I've been wondering for a while what's up with this strain...I recently asked Shanti for the latest list and the Critical Widow still isn't on it. You have any insight into Shanti's plans for this girl? Thanks man! Peace!

Can't wait to run these!

Jett you are going to do a bang up job with them bredren. I hope you find a hard hitting and hard yielding pheno. I know its there for you... saying please JL, find me, lol... good luck and keep safe.

funny how different growers get different results.... I found one exteremely sleepy plant, also noticed a little lemon aroma too..
But in all I found them indica stoney..
All the best chana.
Peace
BL

Indeed William, amazing how we have the same lines but different plants. I guess yours went BigBud, and mine are Widow leaning... thought I pulled a skunk pheno, and it was a nice balance of both high and low tones. At least we both found lemon phenotypes. Yummy mate. Love you BL.

Hey Chana,

Beautiful man... I've been wondering for a while what's up with this strain...I recently asked Shanti for the latest list and the Critical Widow still isn't on it. You have any insight into Shanti's plans for this girl? Thanks man! Peace!

I think my brother, just request them and wait and see ;). You will like them too, and I am sure would be great for your greenhouse. I wish we were closer by GF, it would be a lot easier to connect some dots... but I am sure we will both get there soon.

Take care brothers,

CM

Hey Chana,

I will be running NordlexWidow next which is from Shanti but it also wasn't on the list I recently receive either. Maybe stock is so limited its only available upon request.

Chana how do you think the plants would help medicinally?

I will be running NordlexWidow next which is from Shanti but it also wasn't on the list I recently receive either. Maybe stock is so limited its only available upon request.

Chana how do you think the plants would help medicinally?

C101, how goes it my friend...

Guy that nordlexwidow... that is fire my man... can you consider a journal mate? It would be great to see you rock them... good luck on such a great sounding cross...

Great questions C101. Well you already see William pulled stony ones and I got one leaning to sats... ultimately it is very simialr to hz hybrid but with Brazilian/South Indian sativa chemo.

So for my friends, they all got some to sample, but ultimately my friend with epilepsy does not use my CW pheno's for blocking seziure. It was given to my friend that suffesr with depression. We are lucky to have built a relationship for the last 5 years, and I kind of know what the boys like. But they still get to test everything that I am lucky enough to grow out. Indy for seziures, and sativas or hz for depression. Then we can get into other aliments, but mostly for my friends, it clear on what they enjoy for medicine and what they enjoy with an expresso or glass of wine. This one I would smoke with a nice white on a summer day. My friend with chonic pain is old school and really only enjoys heavy indica's, and like his meds to be stoned and taste herb like affie no.1.

Inmho, a person that uses this strain for meds, would be a person that likes to have a clear high, and some energy. One that works or goes to school, has kids and such. But again, that is from my pheno's of it, and I did find smoking to much will eventually lead you to just being tired... like with many buds... so a small toke in the morning and off, and another toke when the onset lets up or maybe a whole joint in the night, some supper and a good nights rest.

So pain, not bad, for your spirit AAA.

I think this plant is really also about yield with CM pedigree. A sat hybrid that yields... so from another medical growing stand-point you will have plenty of it to help you make it to a future crop or help with some expenses around the house.

I hope it helps a bit about the keepers I found. I suspect you will find some gems, but you will also find some knock out from the CM side like William did. Have fun selecting this line, and for anyone lucky to run them, you will find a great plant for sure.

I also believe Dawn would be keen to answer some questions on the medicinal properties of CW... he is also a medical grower as you know.

Nordle Widow sounds like you will get potency, so some great bottom and followed by a great high... not to mention nice taste from BW. How can any of us keep up with all the lines...

Respect C101.

CM

I think my brother, just request them and wait and see ;). You will like them too, and I am sure would be great for your greenhouse. I wish we were closer by GF, it would be a lot easier to connect some dots... but I am sure we will both get there soon.

Take care brothers,

CM

Hey Chana,

Sounds good...I'll put in a little request next order and see how it goes...thanks man. Yea, I feel ya, I feel fortunate already to be able to at least interact over a forum with such great like-minded people...but to have them in my life in person...it would be somethin' special. Talk soon. Peace!

I love how both critical and widow have this deeply pleasurable stone which isn't confusing, though CM does make you sleepy and there are indica phenos of Widow as well.

Have found Indica phenos of Widow are less narcotic than cm but also less clear headed/more trippy...This cross sounds like a winner for sure!

Remember Smoking Moose's myrcine thing, when he sad that Widow has a ncice stony high which medman doesnt seem to have as much of...I'd bet my bong that both critical and widow share very high myrcine content.

As someone who smokes for a nervous disorder (some weird undiagnosed nervous system spasticity with diagnosed symptoms including nerve pain, tourettes, narcolepsy and excess/nervous energy (think the top pole of bipolar), I can say both widow and critical are amongst the top strains in terms of soothing my symptoms. Critical does make me sleepy which doesn't help with the narcolepsy, however it's more 'clear headed' than the widow which allows me to focus my often scattered thought patterns.

This is all very exciting, combined with the CBD thing which I think may be another commonality between widow and crit, the critical having more generally?

To bring another recent thread into it....Don't y'all wish everytime Shanti released a new strain he also released a cross of the strain to the old HazeC dad? I'm thinking CriticalWidowxHazeC is exactly the medicine I need.

edit: don't know how that nasty lil thumbs down snuck in at the top of my post....he doesn't speak for me in any case

Thanks BF for chiming in.

I really enjoyed your thoughts man. Why dont you see if you can get some NH and make the cross yourself? Knowing you, I think you are working on it already, hehehe.

Take care,

CM

I just been through my notes on this and initial sampling of an early well yeilding pheno, were, neither up nor down.... Well balanced, ready at 7 weeks.... The keeper I didn't keep lol....
I think my memory didn't serve me well since I must have smoked all that first then remember the stoney ones, which as my notes said were harvested a little early..... So that must be were the stone came from.... The early havest, which suggests they need to go the distance to get the full high.... I think I have more seed to go through too......hehee..
Peace and love
BL

The Critical Widow sure can produce a decent top cola from what I've sussed . As usual thanks Chana . A pleasure mate .

welp chana..

5/5 germed! i was really skeptical about a couple of them, but they all germed and i have them in 20oz party cups with a proprietary blend of FF and a slew of other goodies.

gonna start my own thread once we get down to the nitty-gritty.

most thanks big C!

Say word brother JL...

Pulling for you my man. Make those starz shine...

Looking forward to your journal and thoughts of the line.

Big ups,

Chana

I asked SB about CBD levels in MNS strains and he told me tha ALL MNS strains are high THC and low CBD besides the collaborations with Resin seeds and the CBD crew.

Cheers,
Sensi

Also once he said that MedMen got the highest thc/cbd ratio..it was some years ago

High GB, nice to hear from you mate.

How is the saturday treating you?

Soiless is my easy choice... if I want to get a little more flavour in the mix, I amend with worm casting, and later in bloom will brew some powered bat guana into a nice liquid booster. I am hard pressed at times to cultivate powder guana on each pot, so I find it easier to apply the liquid with my wand. I also find powdered guana takes a lot of time to break down in the soil, so you got to time it right.

It is hit or miss with the bugs in the worm casting though so I just usually only use the extra amends with kush. I got this worm pickers right in the city. Nicest chaps. I have been there enough that they let me take what ever I want... it is the stuff that is usually swept up or falls of the shipping containers and such. No skin of my back cause it is free.

I just eye ball it and try to take out any debris, cig butts, or what ever... and there is a ton of worms still in the mix... some tricks I have found to using it. If you are interested let me know, i.e. like how much, and should you let the worms decomposs vs. just adding alive.

I like the CW a lot. What do you think of the smoke? High or stone for you?

Always love brother,

Chana

P.S. I like Shanti's mix too. I believe 1/3 coco, and 2/3 soiless mix. It works great. So if you got the coco my as well use it up...what brand is it GB?

Hey chana, and mns fam...
Just come back to some old CW buds myself (ran out of weed I was Kindly gifted by a few friends), yellow from the cure!!!! lovely stuff, nice but mild lemony scent, 'smooth as' smoke, and the high has changed from the sleepy to the can't sleep....LOL
just great smoke mate....
I think all should have a run through the critical family... C-Hz, C-Sk, and C-Wid are all fantastic lines.. proper F1's that show what a breeder like shanti can throw together with his breeding stock.... I would expect that his CM mother for these crosses is at f4 stage at least, and breeds true for yield and also IME passes on a lemon scent too. I'd also expect the dads for these crosses have had the same attention...
All easy to grow too.. how'd you find the CW Chana...?
peace
BL

@ GB

Gb, thanks again for stoping by once again. I hope you find a plant that will work well for you. I am sure you will my man.

@ BF Skinz

I also wanted to say thanks to BF for taking it a little personal and opening up some other subjects. I appreicate you point of view. I reckon yours is the best one. Growing your own meds and actually selecting for your own issues.

I think NH is your plant, and if you dont want to do the matting maybe NHxSkunk, NHxAffie.

@ William

Billy this is for you:

So the thread has turned into a half journal, and another lazy man update.

Peace,

Chana

Deserves an Oscar , Chana

The blue jay takes a bloody kick arse video :D Faaaarrrk those plants are BIG and healthy Chana . Superb work mate .

a review...

whoa thas a big ass plant for a screensaver... is that kanga or bushie, or ol don m? same shit (big crazy scary ass plants growers)

nice big ass lamps and hoods.... you say theyre replacements for vertical lighting.... can i fit one for a 600w in a 1.2 x 1.2m tent?

also, diggin the primo and guru beats... i ever tell you i got to smoke a blunt with primo on one occasion, and another with guru on another (RIP)? shame it was before i was ever growin....

ok bro, saw waaaaaaaay too many cigarrette butts in your ashtray... all im gonna say is this....

No Cigarette Smoking (In My Room) - YouTube

ok, one more thing... i remember reading somewhere on the forum that tobacco smoke aint good fi our ladies.... leads to disease???

not very ital bruv...

moving on.... some massive plants there the CW.... the keeper is amazing, even the smaller buds look nice. though that skunk pheno looked real nice, not even gonna lie... also, lovin the tomato cages... youve since inspired me to get some, just cant find any yet...

diggin these youtube videos btw, wish more people would put em up, but i guess were not all legal.

love an respect

Back