Mr. Nice Forums  
Home History Strains Media Web Community Medical Marijuana Contact us Auctions

Go Back   MNS Forums > MNS strains and grow diaries > 5. Strain Base > The Doors

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-23-2019, 04:39 PM

Default Musashi Plays With Fire- The Doors and Neville's Haze

doornnevilles.JPG

Aloha braddahs,

No sense in Marcus and Andy havin' all the fun eh. Marcus's pics of The Doors this morning just sent me over the edge. The room has been vacant for several week now as I have been busy bottling the last grow and catching up on the vacationing. But my hesitation has been mainly around what the next grow should be. I kept saying I would do a Sativa grow next but I have been having so much fun with the Indie's. That shorter grow time is certainly appealing!

With pretty much the complete catalogue in my possesson, it makes decisions somewhat difficult. Date of purchase is a consideration as well as inventory at hand. Lots of bottles of G13, MedMan, NL5/Afg. And while I still have a MH IBL stash, I am completely out of NH, NHM. That just won't do. And then there is the allure of The Doors...

Not to mention all of the CBD stuff I am quickly getting immersed in primarily due to demand. But I need to take care of my own needs and nothing sez that better than these >50% Sativas. So, I will carve out room space for these 16 weekers and catch up on the CBD/Indie varieties later. Looks like I have the moon in my favor so stay tuned and wish me luck.

Shaka
Mu
Old 10-23-2019, 06:17 PM

Wink

Hi I will be surely watching.
Make room for my virtual sofa please. No alcohol needed, Ill take some tea
Old 10-26-2019, 09:06 PM

Stoked to watch this one. I'm guessing you'll finish em up somewhere in 2021.

Good luck, man!
Old 10-27-2019, 12:40 AM

Smile

Wish ya luck! Lets see them pretty Sativas mon!! I'm itching to see how this goes I'll live through you vicariously until I can start poppin seed again. Nevskunk, and Nevhaze dreaming until then.

You did awesome in the nl5\afghan thread... So i have faith. Dont over feed em lol
Old 10-27-2019, 08:26 PM

The doors is taking off. Managed to score a 2 old packs of NH (regular) from the way back when days at the greenhouse, touch wood they're still viable

Good luck on grow Mu - look forward to see what you do with both.
Old 10-28-2019, 07:08 PM

Aloha fellow firewalkers!
@ P3Ci, Ronin, Bibblethegreat, Masey thank you braddahs for the good vibes!

Presoaked in glasses of tap water ~24 hrs. In slightly, pre-dampened happy frog and sprayed with H2O2/weak kelp mix under 900w (realistically, more like 600w) LED. This morning shows 15/19 (bot 12/16) Doors and 9/10 (bot 3/15) Neville's. Not bad for 3yr - 4.5yr old seeds orig. purchased from the auction. Yesterday did not see as many little ones. For a second, I was thinking I might have to supplement with Angel's Breathe, La Nina, Mango Widow or NL5/Hz lol. As it stands now, if these all make it and I manage to get the typical ratio of male/female, I'll have a full room of trellised giants as it is. It has been so long. Now how do I grow them long-winded sativas again? Marcus is right, I am getting excited!

Shaka
Mu
Old 10-29-2019, 12:58 PM

Hey Musashi, I'm so glad to see you journaling this grow. I know you're going to find some amazing plants, and I'm sure to learn something from your growing techniques. Not many recent journals on Nevs either. I have two straws in the freezer, and I'm always tempted. Aloha!
Old 10-30-2019, 08:37 PM

On the road again just can’t wait to get on the road again
The life I love is making music with my friends
And I can’t wait to get on the road again

Looks like 10/10 on the Neville's Haze and 15 for sure Doors with 2 more trying to break soil. 17/19 Doors would be good but I am happy for the 15. We shall see. Anyway, if feels good to turn on the lights once again. Got a feeling they will be on for awhile lol.

doorsnevseedlings.jpg
The Doors and Neville's Haze

Shaka
Mu
Old 11-02-2019, 05:59 AM

If the doors of perception were cleansed every thing would appear to man as it is: Infinite. For man has closed himself up, till he sees all things thro' narrow chinks of his cavern.
I'll be doing a pictorial journal of my grow soon.
Pics and updates coming soon.

Looking forward to seeing the master at work with The Doors.
Come on Musashi light my fire.
I

Last edited by andy21; 11-02-2019 at 06:18 AM.
Old 11-02-2019, 01:52 PM

Thanks Marcus and Andy for dropping in. Andy, don't go layin' that bad juju on me, I'm just an avid or should I say rabid grower lol- respecting and loving the ganja! But thanks for the compliment. I do like me da kine MNS and The Doors was an easy choice. I have been wanting to grow this variety for awhile but needed Marcus's sure footing to follow in. The Neville's alongside was a no brainer. If you have followed my past grows, I try to grow two similar strains at the same time so as to do my own comparisons. G13/AfSk vs MedMan, NL5/Afg vs G13/AfSk, and now Door vs Neville's. Now if I just had the photo skills of L33t har har. Now there was a master!

So, I got 10/10 Neville's. The Doors, one seed was cracked upon opening the straw but I remained hopeful- it didn't make it. So basically 16/18 after coaxing one misplaced seed in soil- planted too deep! As mentioned earlier, seeds were 3 - 4.5 yrs old., so getting 95% germination overall aint bad at all. FYI- these come from frozen stock. The straws are put in little amber bottles filled with rice. These amber bottles are then placed in a mason jar filled with rice and then vacuum sealed before they enter deep freeze. Works for me!

DnN seedling 11_2.jpg
The Doors and Neville's Haze

latecomer 11_2.jpg
The Doors- the timid one

Shaka
Mu