Mr. Nice Forums  
Home History Strains Media Web Community Medical Marijuana Contact us Auctions

Go Back   MNS Forums > MNS strains and grow diaries > 5. Strain Base > The Doors

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-14-2020, 09:05 PM

There is a large puddle of drool underneath me ....

These girls are gorgeous, I think the NH has stolen The Doors thunder a little bit this grow, I'm with you guys I love the sativa flower structure it's very exotic but I'm also loving the look of these Doors girls, very resinous, weight is looking good, good choice of phenos and a practical sativa for indoors it ticks a lot of boxes.

100% agreed Mu, if I had the option I'd leave things as natural as possible too, quality and potency are top priority.
Old 02-18-2020, 06:42 AM

Default Week 11

Aloha kakahiaka braddahs!

@Dkeppel indeed, regarding the Neville's Haze, I never tire of their exotic look, their smell and taste, and of course their effect. The Doors have some practical advantages. Similar to my Cure grow, buds are tight, plants are of a reasonable height for ID and yield is very good. Has a structure somewhat similar to Destroyer by CBG. But I do like the NH structure better. You are right on with your assessment brah!

Now at 11 weeks of flower, I have been blessed not to incur the wrath of arachnids or harmful fungi during this grow.
Light has been diminished over the last few weeks in 15 min increments and today will be further reduced to 10/14 in an effort to get them to finish on time. While The Doors has some almost ready for harvest (D11 and D3), with the other ones coming along nicely, those pesky Neville’s refuse to go along, taking their sweet time getting there lol.
Speaking of sweet, I checked the status of my seeding project this morning. All is well with seeds; ripe and plump, they are literally bursting from their coverings while on the drying rack. Sorting will occur in the next few days. I picked a branch of Neville’s #3 for inspection; seeds falling onto the counter. NH #3 is currently my favorite NH plant due to morphology and greater potential yield. I managed to tease some material from her about the size of 3 seeds, enough for one small toke. I wish you could see the Cheshire grin I have been wearing on my face for the last hour. Sometimes the stars align perfectly and we get the best of all possible worlds in terms of potency, structure and yield. I am looking forward to the testing and confirmation of this working hypothesis in the near future.

Sorry for the quality of some of the pics. My editing skills suck. Hopefully they will at least give you an idea.
doors #1 2_17.jpg
The Doors #1

doors #5 2_17.jpg
The Doors #5

doors #7 2_17.jpg
The Doors #7

doors #9 2_17.jpg
The Doors #9

nh #6a 2_17.jpgnh #6b 2_17.jpg
Neville's Haze #6

nh #7a 2_17.jpgnh #7b 2_17.jpg
Neville's Haze #7

nh #10a 2_17.jpgnh #10b 2_17.jpg
Neville's Haze #10

nh #2 2_17.jpg
Neville's Haze #2

Shaka
Mu
Old 02-19-2020, 04:33 PM

I agree, the Nev's Haze is stealing the show! Maybe it's because I've recently grown The Doors but, damn...the Nev's is just gorgeous. So happy to hear your initial toke is so promising. Beautiful plants, Musashi, your grow environemnt seems to be pretty dialed in!
Old 02-19-2020, 09:07 PM

Blimey The Doors #7 looks like Critical Mass - must be the pheno scrubdog described as "chunky"

Shame you didn't find anything you like marcus, maybe need 50-100 population to find the je ne sais quoi, scrub mentioned

That said - Quality work Mu you'll have a few jars to last you a week or two

Last edited by masey; 02-19-2020 at 09:09 PM.
Old 02-19-2020, 10:05 PM

Musashi!
Shame on you bro.
Not a single “wet floor sign” in here and the floor is covered in all this grower drool.
F’ing hazardous.

Outstanding work my brother. These plants are looking so happy to be grown by you. Let the good times roll.

Stay Hazed,
Jake
Old 02-20-2020, 06:46 AM

Exclamation

Jake... mines not drool

Mu... you're crushing it man. Seriously.
Old 02-20-2020, 05:43 PM

Aloha fellow Firewalkers!

@Amoril Mahalo braddah and Aloha!

@masey Thanks for your kind words.
Doors #7 chunky yes, but where are the magenta pistils?
It is interesting to see the changes occurring in just over a month.
From 1/7-2/20:
doors7 bud 1_7.jpgdoors #7a 1_22.jpgdoors #7 1_31.jpgdoor #7 2_8.jpgdoors #7 2_20.jpg
The Doors #7 "Cha cha cha cha changes...Time may change me but I can't trace time..."

@Marcus For the many who enjoy sativa cultivation, I think I can representatively say that there is a certain satisfaction derived from growing these long legged, elegant beauties. Going on what masey said about finding “je ne sais quoi”; between you and me, I think we have enough seeds to do just that
nh #3b 2_20.jpg
Neville's Haze #3 Gettin' juicy

Quote:
Originally Posted by blowingupjake View Post
...These plants are looking so happy...
Turn off your mind relax and float down stream
It is not dying, it is not dying
Lay down all thoughts, surrender to the void
It is shining, it is shining
Yet you may see the meaning of within
It is being, it is being
Love is all and love is everyone
It is knowing, it is knowing…
~ “Tomorrow Never Knows” – The Beatles

Thank you, my ohana, for the many kindnesses.

Shaka
Mu

Last edited by musashi; 02-20-2020 at 05:46 PM.
Old 02-21-2020, 04:43 PM

It's just nasty in there with resin
Old 02-21-2020, 09:23 PM

Nevs looks very nice. are they from new packs.
Old 02-22-2020, 03:50 PM

Aloha braddahs!

@CannaFish my cheap camera doesn’t do them justice lol
@ENGLISH they were from a winter cleaning 2015.

3 Doors plants, #3,#7,#11, were taken down this morning at 82 days. The remaining plants now getting more light to finish.

After the task, I then rolled one from the small piles of frazzle left from seed extraction. The Doors #3 is an early girl, hmm. I stood out on the lanai; a cold crispy morning, smoke rising silently into the darkness. Smooth, clean, no crackles, minimal ash, great flush. A few tokes leaves me alert, in a clear peaceful Om. As this is pre-cure, I am stii left impressed. Still needs to sit though and I can only imagine how the herb will develop after the mellow. Boy howdy!

doors #3a 2_21.jpgdoors #3b 2_21.jpgdoors #3c 2_21.jpg
The Doors #3

doors #7a 2_21.jpgdoors #7b 2_21.jpgdoors #7c 2_21.jpg
The Doors #7

doors #11a 2_21.jpgdoors #11b 2_21.jpgdoors #11c 2_21.jpg
The Doors #11

I like this time; the middle/ending cycle of efflorescence, when they are at their highest development. To me each plant stands as an icon, each a unique expression of life. Of course as I finish that joint of Doors #3, I am imagining ocean images too. And porpoises, I see porpoises!

Octopus2.jpgoctopus1.jpg
NHa 2_22.jpgNHb 2_22.jpg
Like a fine wine, exquisite pakalolo is not to be rushed

Shaka
Mu