Mr. Nice Forums  
Home History Strains Media Web Community Medical Marijuana Contact us Auctions

Go Back   MNS Forums > MNS strains and grow diaries > 5. Strain Base > The Doors

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-28-2019, 05:55 PM

Default Opening up The Doors

Not many grow logs on The Doors. I see it as Shanti's re-make of Neville's Haze, using the AC male. Still unknown for certain if the Nl5Hz mother of The Doors was HzA or HzC, but reading Yosemite Sam's grow log from 2011, the darker tastes sounds like the Haze A comes through. I've been really wanting to grow this strain for a couple years now, so I decided to pop half of a straw's worth of seeds to see what I can find. As much as I love searching for Punto Rojo and growing 20-week sativas, I miss hunting through Shanti's gear for great aromas, tastes and effects. And a long-legged hazy Doors pheno would probably be done in 16 weeks, which is quick in my sativa-centric paradigm. I'll veg these plants outside this summer, and select a few to clone and flower in the fall. I'll keep the males outside to observe them and collect pollen while I move the girls indoors.

It's gonna be a long haul but good things lie ahead.

Musashi, you said you were going to run some of The Doors soon, please feel free to post up in here if you do. It would be a challenge for me to even approach your growing skills, brother.
Old 05-28-2019, 06:25 PM

I may be popping a couple of these if my last Highland Mexican x Blueberry F1s are duds.

I can't wait to see what you get.
Old 05-28-2019, 11:01 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcus_in_the_Darkus View Post
Not many grow logs on The Doors. I see it as Shanti's re-make of Neville's Haze, using the AC male. Still unknown for certain if the Nl5Hz mother of The Doors was HzA or HzC, but reading Yosemite Sam's grow log from 2011, the darker tastes sounds like the Haze A comes through. I've been really wanting to grow this strain for a couple years now, so I decided to pop half of a straw's worth of seeds to see what I can find. As much as I love searching for Punto Rojo and growing 20-week sativas, I miss hunting through Shanti's gear for great aromas, tastes and effects. And a long-legged hazy Doors pheno would probably be done in 16 weeks, which is quick in my sativa-centric paradigm. I'll veg these plants outside this summer, and select a few to clone and flower in the fall. I'll keep the males outside to observe them and collect pollen while I move the girls indoors.

It's gonna be a long haul but good things lie ahead.

Musashi, you said you were going to run some of The Doors soon, please feel free to post up in here if you do. It would be a challenge for me to even approach your growing skills, brother.
G `day MITD

I highly doubt the Doors is made with NL Hz A .
I once asked Shanti re his NL Hz he said NL Hz C .

I grew C5 x Doors . It was one of my favourites from that run . More pine /fuel than leather /incensense .

Thanks for sharin

EB .
Old 05-29-2019, 01:38 AM

Aloha Marcus!

I am excited to see you taking the initiatiive here. I know you gonna kill it braddah!
I look forward to your grow and your final assessment of the Doors and perhaps a comparison to the PR you have been growing. It wouild be nice to find something stellar in the 16 week or less range eh. One can hope

In the meantime, sativa pics! Here is some Vietnam Black I grew a while back.

black nam1.jpgblack nam2.jpg

black nam3.jpgblack nam4.jpg

black nam5.jpgblack nam6.jpg
Vietnam Black

Shaka
Mu
Old 05-29-2019, 04:23 PM

Thanks all for the well wishes.

@PMB - I was tempted to pop some of the Colombo x (Mex x BB) seeds that Fish made when I was digging through my seed stash yesterday, but I had to open The Doors. Hope your grow works out well this year.

@EB - Yeah, I agree it's highly unlikely the Doors mum is Nl5HzA, but I'd like to find a worthy male in this bunch, hopefully Haze-A-leaning, to try some Doors crosses of my own. Thanks for checking in.

@Musashi - Wow. That Vietnam Black is gorgeous, and beautifully grown. Interesting how dark the leaves are compared to the Colombian heirlooms I've been growing. I have yet to attempt any Southeast Asian genetics but that would be a great place to start.

I gave these 10 Doors seeds a 24-hr soak in a filtered aloe-water solution and they all dropped to the bottom of the shot glass within a few hours. Popped them in peat pucks and put them over a 75° heat mat. Looking forward to some MNS germination rates after so many duds lately from old seeds.
Old 06-03-2019, 12:48 PM

10 of 10 seeds germinated and I have 10 little The Doors seedlings in my care. Gotta love a 100% germination rate from MNS seeds.
Old 06-03-2019, 03:06 PM

Quote:
10 of 10 seeds germinated and I have 10 little The Doors seedlings in my care. Gotta love a 100% germination rate from MNS seeds.
I'll 2nd that, Never ever had a issue with germination with any mr nice stock.

@Marcus_in_the_Darkus Glad
Looking forward to this couldn't think of anybody better suited for the job! I have a clearing auction pack simone kindly added to the auction a couple years back after i found scrub's thread on the doors. Those seeds are under lock and key

Last edited by masey; 06-03-2019 at 03:12 PM.
Old 06-04-2019, 01:06 AM
Banned

Quote:
Thanks all for the well wishes.

@PMB - I was tempted to pop some of the Colombo x (Mex x BB) seeds that Fish made when I was digging through my seed stash yesterday, but I had to open The Doors. Hope your grow works out well this year.

@EB - Yeah, I agree it's highly unlikely the Doors mum is Nl5HzA, but I'd like to find a worthy male in this bunch, hopefully Haze-A-leaning, to try some Doors crosses of my own. Thanks for checking in.

@Musashi - Wow. That Vietnam Black is gorgeous, and beautifully grown. Interesting how dark the leaves are compared to the Colombian heirlooms I've been growing. I have yet to attempt any Southeast Asian genetics but that would be a great place to start.

I gave these 10 Doors seeds a 24-hr soak in a filtered aloe-water solution and they all dropped to the bottom of the shot glass within a few hours. Popped them in peat pucks and put them over a 75° heat mat. Looking forward to some MNS germination rates after so many duds lately from old seeds.
G `day MID

My exp with Haze AC it adds pine terps like C5 not leather like A5 .

This girl has the leather . C5 x NL A

Thanks for sharin

EB .
Old 06-06-2019, 05:54 PM

Thanks for the compliment, Masey. EB, those look great. Please LMK if I can ever snag some of that 5HzA pollen.

A week after popping these beans I have some thriving seedlings. They all germinated, but Doors#10 (upper right) had a bad sense of direction, shooting the root into the air. It's attempting an underground sumersault and it'll be interesting to see if it pulls through. I believe I can already see sativa vs Indica structure at this early stage (i.e., Doors#1, lower left, and Doors#2, to its right). I'm keeping an eye on #1. I'm going to veg them outdoors, and am hardening them up. I'll transfer to 6" pots in a few weeks.

Old 06-07-2019, 09:10 PM

If I was more organised and less useless I'd have my grow room set up by now and would have grown my pack of The Doors a long side your grow.

Very interested in what you find here, best of luck with the grow.