Mr. Nice Forums  
Home History Strains Media Web Community Medical Marijuana Contact us Auctions

Go Back   MNS Forums > MNS strains and grow diaries > 5. Strain Base > The Doors

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-05-2019, 09:11 AM

Hey Marcus,
Nice work going on there. I'm just poping in brother.
I got 5 Doors baby's on the right.
Left is,
2 Ortega ( 1 is just a baby )
2 Mks
2 Medman F2.
I'll just post update photos on Doors as this is a Doors thread along the way if your interested ? I'm just growing these in an Organic Soil and perlite mix michrohize and benificials using filtered or rain water with the occasional Canna bio and rizotonic feed.
The sock is over the top with a layer of perlite to stop Fungus knats.
Transplant them this week to bigger pots with a water resovirour and some sort of whicking system I'm designing. As I have to Pop to Thailand for 2 weeks and leave them. I might just stick them in my auto pots yet. I've done before and come back fine. I'll post before and after shots.
They will be ready to flower on return.
Yours are looking great Marcus. Seeded and the indoors.
All the best
A21
Old 10-06-2019, 12:21 AM

You could get some 7 way splitters, and 13-15w LEDs..... Cheap and easy powerful lighting... Think its $10 per 7way splitter\fixture, and 16 pack 14w for $50 on amazon...... 70 bucks you could cover 2x4 at 25w sqft basically.

Hype to see the results.. Everythings look amazing now... Wont take many to find a gem either way... Love your report style... Very good program.

Last edited by Bibblethegreat; 10-06-2019 at 12:33 AM.
Old 10-09-2019, 01:52 AM

Default ~ 6 weeks

Thanks for stopping by and welcome to The Doors, Andy! And thanks for the advice and kind words, Bibblethegreat.

Herewith are some photos of The Doors in the tent after 6 weeks of flowering. They were at 12/12 for the first ~3 weeks, then 11/13 for the next ~3 weeks, then I dialed them back to 10/14 a few days ago. The plants in the tent look pretty good. No nanners or intersex issues. Resin is building and the buds are swelling. They have very weak root systems due to shortage of veg time, and I've had to stake a couple up. I let the pH in the res get a bit too low and have a little leaf burn on account of that but I've addressed the issue. Aromas are awesome, D1 and D2 are really the only sweet smelling ones, otherwise lots of pine, lime, leather and metallic odors. There's not really all that much variability in resin production or overall bud structure. The corkscrew bud structure that Cannafish observed is showing in most plants.

Here's D1. She's a haze C leaner IMO. Also the tallest girl in the tent.

Here's D2. Highly resinous. Interesting bud structure. Second shortest and second fastest. Sweet funk odors.

Here's D3. I think this one is the strongest sat leaner in structure. A really beautiful plant. Pine and citrus and smells.

Here's D5. This one will be the last to finish, and she's accordingly a little slower than her sisters in building resin. Unique incense aromas over pine, hard to pin down. I forgot to take a picture of D5's cola.

Here's D6. Runt of the litter. Smallest yielder. Already starting to get some brown pistils; she'll be the first to finish. Faintest metallic leather aromas.

Here's D7. Leathery aroma has become more metallic and acrid. Lots of resin.

Finally, here's D10. This one smells a little sweeter, more haze C leaning, than most of her sisters.

Old 10-09-2019, 05:39 AM

Oh that is insanely nice. 8 )

And nice seed budding also .

One time I have to give a try for haze, yesterday my skunk haze cl.pack just came, so next spring Ill make thread for that. . .
Old 10-09-2019, 08:40 AM

Wow they look nice. Love the corkscrew look. Hope mine come out like this.
I'm so glad to have some of these started now.
I've put them in Auto pots to fend for themselves for 2 weeks. I bought this auto pot system especially for this previously and it worked well over 2 weeks never missed a beat.

I have 2 Ortega here and 5 Doors on the right. And 1 space for a seed start I'll
Put in before I leave for Thailand.
Left in a nice organic soil mix , spagnum peat moss, perlite and coco chunks at the bottom layer. The kitchen wipes over the top keep the top soil from drying to quick and keeps out any fungus knats.
I'll post the after photos when I get back then if they are well, transplant switch to flower and start another doors thread. Maybe just do all the photos at the end.
But for now just Enjoying and learning from your work on The Doors Marcus.
Nice Job. Beautiful.
Kup Khun Mar Kup, 'The Doors' Suai Mak Loei
Jing Jing.
Thailand awaits!
A21

Last edited by andy21; 10-09-2019 at 08:43 AM.
Old 10-09-2019, 06:42 PM

Default Male smoke test

Looking good, andy21. I'll be excited to see what you get from The Doors. Sure looks like an excellent strain to me.

Quick post to document a test smoke on D4, the male plant. His flowers have dried up after yielding a decent amount of pollen and I was cleaning up when it occurred to me to try a quick smoke test. My expectations were low because I've rarely found males that gave a good buzz, and because this male didn't have too many trichomes on the flowers and stems, although there are a lot of smaller ones on the sugar leaves. So I took three small puffs through a pinch hitter. First smoke of the day.

Wow. My expectations have been significantly exceeded. Really nice buzz...euphoric, energizing, functional and still going strong over two hours later. I've read that The Doors has consistent high potency across all phenotypes, so I was confident that the lone male would be pretty good in the potency department. This test smoke confirms that.
Old 10-11-2019, 02:38 AM

Since my grow went to shit this year, I haven’t been in the mood to talk too much bout weed, but I’ve been watching this grow and loving it.
Keep up the great work Marcus.
Old 10-14-2019, 03:14 PM

Thanks Marcus
Old 10-14-2019, 06:00 PM

I think that it is time to echo the sentiment:

Stellar stuff Marcus!
Old 10-15-2019, 12:59 AM

Default Didin't read...

Hey y'all,

I admit I didn't read the thread. I may have replied to it earlier, but don't remember...

Just wanted to say you'll be happy with this strain. I have enjoyed many MnS varieties, but the Doors by far. Is one of my favorite...If not my favorite. I can't wait to try another I have. When I do that one I will hoping post my first grow log, but til then. Enjoy...

I had three phenos. They were all quite strong, and fair taste. The taste was more old school herb. Wasn't the best, but not the worst. It was pleasant, but what was awesome about this strain. Potency was off the chain IMO. All were strong, but one stood out above the rest. It had the strength of that strain you'd want to pull out. When you have someone say...Oh Yeah there is nothing I can't toke that'll put me under the table. She is seductive, and like the little 90lb 5foot tall soaking wet girl that out drinks a 6' 5" tall brute of a guy weighing 300+lbs. There is definitely strength to be found in her.

Either way you will enjoy I feel. Have a blessed day...Ns

"How would you like to feel like a mushroom?"
Kept in the dark, and fed Shit all day?

The past no longer dictates me to the future. Everyday is a new day, and what is made of it is my choice.