LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-20-2012, 07:46 AM

Default Pics 11-20 of 20

Pheno F

Pheno G

Pheno H

Pheno I

Pheno J

Last edited by TonyG; 06-20-2012 at 07:49 AM.
Old 06-20-2012, 09:34 AM
Banned

Hi,lovely goods,does it stink in veg and where could i get them seeds as sweet n sour is my fav aroma.peace
Old 06-20-2012, 08:41 PM

They emitt a strong, skunky odor at times. I think Attitude and Seedsman are selling packs of 5. They have been available through the auction site also. I only see CBD fems there at the moment.

Peace
Old 06-27-2012, 11:33 PM

Default Day 42 of veg

Peruvian Seabird tea with worm castings, kelp meal, molasses and humic acid

Ive topdressed each plant with a half tbls of Mexican bat guano to hold them over until the tea is finished. They are showing some signs on N deficiency and need to be transplanted into their flowering containers. I see 6 females and two males so far. A good ratio and I think I might get another female still. I am going to transplant them in a couple days, the guano will sustain till then. Im planning to flower them before the 9th week of veg. I want them to establish after the transplant first. They smell great and are all-around gorgeous plants.

Peace
Old 06-28-2012, 12:38 AM

Thumbs up Great Looking Plants!

Hello There, TonyG... Those plants look FABULOUS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I especially like (B), looks really special. They will all be special. I will follow this for sure. Great Job. peace, resinbud
Old 06-28-2012, 01:44 PM

Hey Tony. Man looking good there. And there are nutrient hogs. so give em all ya got . A 75% female to male is about average. take care

Last edited by rhinoman; 06-28-2012 at 02:13 PM.
Old 06-28-2012, 02:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyG View Post
[img]
All of the plants are presexing, except pheno E. I can confirm 4 females(A,B,G,H)and 1 male(C) so far. Im leaning towards females for phenos D,F, and I. Pheno J is probably a male, but I should know for sure in a couple days.
Hi Tony,

Beautiful plants, I'm always impressed with your grows and the way you put your threads together.

Are you going to make any f2's? So far it's looking like your female/male ratio is leaning to the high female side (always a good thing). It would be interesting to see what the male's would test out at the lab for cannabinoids (if even possible). You probably wouldn't see much in volumes, but you should see ratios.

As far as testing them (males), I guess the question is when do you do it...pre-drop, when dropping, etc. And there's also the additional cost.

I know this is a test grow, but I'm sure your taking cuts. Just wanted to throw this out there before you culled any males.

Bh
Old 06-30-2012, 11:55 AM

Resinbud,

Thanks bro. I have good feelings about this grow. They are really starting to take off and it wasnt until tonight that they recieved their first feeding. I diluted the 5 gals of guano tea at 3:1 with RO water. Then added 100 ml of enzymes to the mix. I wanted to show a ppm reading, but my E.C meter just crapped out on me. After steeping for 72 hours,at this ratio, usually reads around 700 ppm and rises almost 100 everday for the next three. Im going to transplant tomorrow and induce within the next 7 days. Let the real test begin
Peace

Hey BH,

I definitely wont cull anything unless a lady decides to herm. I was going to run the test grow first before attempting to make f2's, but I might be able to dust something else in the meantime. Actually, I find out Monday whether or not I am going to have enough time to flower my 3 NH ladies before I have to move. I also have 2 Walkabout girls that I could flower. (3 male Walkabouts) All untested, but....what do you think? Interesting thought non the less

Having the males tested is a good idea. My wife was reading HASHISH the other day and it said that a male drops very potent resin, right when the flower opens. Small amounts.(Anyone please feel free to elaborate on or correct that last statement regarding males dropping resin). Thanks for the compliments , as it is always nice to hear your thoughts and opinions. Respect.

Thats what I am seeing so far, rhino. Thanks for spreading some info about the strain. There is not too much available that I can find. Always welcomed bro.

Peace
Old 06-30-2012, 06:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyG View Post

my 3 NH ladies before I have to move. I also have 2 Walkabout girls that I could flower. (3 male Walkabouts) All untested, but....what do you think? Interesting thought non the less
Hi Tony,

Thoughts...I think this is when you shoot first and ask questions later. If you have things in flower or are going to flower, why not.

Not knowing the complete pedigree of Sweet & Sour Widow, you at least know there is widow in it. The strain description says it's 70/30 Indica/Sativa with 8.3% THC and 10.5% CBD. The unknowns are what it was combined with, where the CBD is coming from, and the methods used in the breeding.

NH and Walkabout are mostly sativa, so you would increase that in the ratio and probably increase the THC and lower the CBD (hypothetically). As a tester, you are kind of venturing into the unknown, meaning this strain being a regular variety offers the opportunity to do M/F crosses with a variety high in CBD (Shanti and/or the CBD Crew may have more to offer or some more knowledge on this).

Bh

Edit: I didn't mean to take the thread sideways, I guess I was thinking outloud. The key purpose of this thread is testing the strain and so far you are doing that well.

Last edited by Betterhaff; 06-30-2012 at 07:17 PM.
Old 06-30-2012, 08:47 PM

Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by Betterhaff View Post
Hi Tony,

Thoughts...I think this is when you shoot first and ask questions later. If you have things in flower or are going to flower, why not.

Not knowing the complete pedigree of Sweet & Sour Widow, you at least know there is widow in it. The strain description says it's 70/30 Indica/Sativa with 8.3% THC and 10.5% CBD. The unknowns are what it was combined with, where the CBD is coming from, and the methods used in the breeding.

NH and Walkabout are mostly sativa, so you would increase that in the ratio and probably increase the THC and lower the CBD (hypothetically). As a tester, you are kind of venturing into the unknown, meaning this strain being a regular variety offers the opportunity to do M/F crosses with a variety high in CBD (Shanti and/or the CBD Crew may have more to offer or some more knowledge on this)

Bh

Edit: I didn't mean to take the thread sideways, I guess I was thinking outloud. The key purpose of this thread is testing the strain and so far you are doing that well.

Dont stress. Its a good topic for discussion. I have been contemplating this since I got the beans. I have the same thoughts about it as you. Knowing the genetics would help make decisions like this a little easier. Medicinal is always first on my list. Anyone out there ever cross NH with BW? Shanti, what do you think might result from cross breeding this strain?
At the moment, all this is is just a thought. F2's are priority above the rest.

Peace