Mr. Nice Forums  
Home History Strains Media Web Community Medical Marijuana Contact us Auctions

Go Back   MNS Forums > MNS strains and grow diaries > 5. Strain Base > CBD-crew

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-20-2015, 05:46 PM

Default Do Hazes mature differently than other strains????

Its my 1st haze strain.All my other strains seem to ripen from the main down but both the mediahze are ripening from the lower colas on up.

The lower colas all have brownish red hairs,one medihaze has very frosty lower buds especially right below the main colas.
The main colas still have have white hairs but the lowers have turned red and brown.
Does haze get its name from the colas smothered in white trichomes?
Picture feature isn't working but will the main or top colas get as frosty as the colas right under mains.
I'm surprised on how much faster the medihaze,e matured than the c skunk,but it begged for 6-7 weeks and had much LST.
Old 05-21-2015, 08:17 AM

All plants can mature differently. Two sisters can have quite different finishes sometimes. You have to get to know your plant individually.
For example, I find the NL phenotypes in the SSH can take more feed than the skunk phenotypes...even though they are sisters (maybe even from the same packet!)
I've never grown Medihaze but Nevil's Haze is 75% haze, whereas Critical Haze is only 25% haze. Both are called Haze but are remarkable different. Just because it is called haze that doesn't mean it will take 18 weeks to finish or have a particular type of resin profile. Each strain has it's own characteristics.

The top cola should be just as frosty as the other colas. If it is not it is maybe because it got too close to the light and got a little leafy or too hot and lost it's resin. I can't think of any other reason why one bud would be one way and the top cola another.

Who knows why they called Haze as they did (actually, I bet somebody DOES know...chime in, if so) but it is a great name and you are in a haze when you smoke it!

I hope this helps somewhat

GS
Old 05-21-2015, 09:03 AM

As Grover says the plant should be even all over.
I would check for any male flowers as it is possible any pollen released has followed gravity and drifted onto the lower buds rather than the upper.
It's worth checking as I have seen this happen on a couple of occasions.

Good luck.

norty
Old 05-21-2015, 11:15 AM

Thumbs up

Could be light being too close.Its very close to harvest and I think both phenos mature from bottom up,just read a book to verify strains can ripen up instead of down.
Thanks,
Old 05-22-2015, 03:06 PM

I have seen loads of plants that mature up from the bottom. More than the other way round, I think even...
Old 05-22-2015, 04:26 PM

IME sativas tend to mature bottom up and indicas tend from the top down. I think this fits with Grover's observation as he's self proclaimed sativa guy

But also like he said each one is individual and will have it's own quirks.

good growing, pmb