Mr. Nice Forums  
Home History Strains Media Web Community Medical Marijuana Contact us Auctions

Go Back   MNS Forums > MNS strains and grow diaries > 5. Strain Base > CBD-crew

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-29-2013, 01:48 AM

Default Is CBD present when Tricomes are Clear?

Hi all,

Is CBD present when the Tricomes are clear or only when they start to go milky?

I'm growing CBD Skunk Haze and CBD Yummy, I'm up to week 8 and the Tricomes on both of my plants are still clear, I've vaped samples from both of them and can't notice the presence of CBD.

In fact I found the ache in my shin became way more noticeable. In the past I've found Weed to makes pain and anxiety worse not better hence the reason why I choose CBD strains.

So does anyone know if the benefits of CBD only appear when the Tricomes start to cloud?

Love to hear your thoughts
Old 09-29-2013, 03:23 AM
Breeder and moderator

CBD and THC are present in the ratios roughly they were in from day one of the plant, the concentration levels vary depending upon how one cultivates...so whether the resin is cloudy or amber it is present. All the best sb

"Care about what other people think and you will always be their prisoner." -Lao Tzu

all the best,
Shantibaba
http://www.mrnice.nl
https://shop.mrnice.nl
Old 09-29-2013, 05:14 AM

I have to say it makes me smile to see SB respond to a thread with words of wisdom. I try and learn something new everyday in life, especially when it comes to the healing nature of this beautiful plant.
Old 09-29-2013, 06:37 AM

I Harvested 1.5 weeks early and there is definitely CBD present effect is there. I will run some TLC tests soon as it cures properly
Old 09-29-2013, 12:24 PM

the longer you let the plant run, the easier it will be for the CBD inherent in the genes to be developed and become present and potent.

when u think u wanna chop, let her run another week or 2. the cbd-thc ratios will always be the same, as shanti stated, and its up to the grower to let plant reach its full potential

bless up

Old 09-29-2013, 10:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fxginbcn View Post
the longer you let the plant run, the easier it will be for the CBD inherent in the genes to be developed and become present and potent.

when u think u wanna chop, let her run another week or 2. the cbd-thc ratios will always be the same, as shanti stated, and its up to the grower to let plant reach its full potential

bless up
I wonder tho if the levels begin to decrease if you push the plants too far past peak harvest, i have seen many strains when pushed to far past harvest almost start to flower again...i had an ASH plant that was finished in 65days and if you took it too far it began to pack on fresh pistils however after comparing a 65day clone to a 77day clone, the earlier harvest was more sedating and the later harvest was boring..i remember L33 back in the day told me this can happen especially with plants that have Haze in them which I know the Z series had in its genetic make up but not sure if its in the make up of the plants that the crew now uses to cross with Shark, Nordle and others...Cannatonic had G13xHz in the make up so its possible the new lines contain a small bit of haze but we'll find out when Shanti reveals the secrets the CBD Crew have learned creating their kick ass products
Old 09-30-2013, 06:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fxginbcn View Post

bless up
Hi there Fxgincn;

That period of time though, when the trichomes are turning ambe; my understanding is that while the plant always synthesizes CBD and THC in the same proportion, at the time of increasing amber trich formation, THC is starting to convert to CBN, a degradation product. Seems everyone knows this makes for a more sedating effect. THCa also degrades directly to CBNa, according to what I read this week in some literature, bypassing altogether the decarboxed form of THC.

Pls answer back if this seems to be incorrect
Old 09-30-2013, 01:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by donb View Post
Hi there Fxgincn;

That period of time though, when the trichomes are turning ambe; my understanding is that while the plant always synthesizes CBD and THC in the same proportion, at the time of increasing amber trich formation, THC is starting to convert to CBN, a degradation product. Seems everyone knows this makes for a more sedating effect. THCa also degrades directly to CBNa, according to what I read this week in some literature, bypassing altogether the decarboxed form of THC.

Pls answer back if this seems to be incorrect
Iíve been pondering the same thing, it has been mentioned numerous times to let CBD plants run a little longer. I usually harvest when I start seeing amber or there is a small percentage, if you let them go longer youíre going to have a higher percentage amber trichs. Is there a balance here?

I understand the genotype/phenotype thing, just looking for the optimum cannabinoid profiles as far as harvesting is concerned
Old 06-21-2014, 04:16 PM

hello there,

Im a bit skeptikal to let my plants going 2 weeks more in flo, with sativa NLD usually i harvest when trichomes are in majority cloudy with a few amber, we dont want to degrade all this good THC in CBN don't you think ?

Shantibaba said the ratio is present since day 1 so why harvesting later ? CBN is useless.

THC degrades into CBN but what about CBD degradation ?

Sirius
~~~

Last edited by Sirius; 06-21-2014 at 04:20 PM.
Old 06-21-2014, 08:38 PM

From every report or lab study I have read, cbd doesn't degrade into any other chemical or makeup but I haven't seen any study to see at what rate if any that the cbd would degrade in potency. So far though it looks like cbd will last a long time.

I believe you are correct, no reason to run to amber other then to maybe maximize ripeness for yield.