Mr. Nice Forums  
Home History Strains Media Web Community Medical Marijuana Contact us Auctions

Go Back   MNS Forums > Medicinal plants > 9. Patients forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-29-2012, 07:44 PM

Hmm.. when we catch our fish, I clean mine into a fillet and place it in a plastic zip, add water and freeze inside blocks of ice. It can last many years that way.

Maybe I'll try it with some Cannabis leaves or flowers, preserved in blocks of ice? I'll bet most of ur cannabinoids would be in there when taken out of freezer, even in the acid forms, or if decarboxilated either way.

I was wondering at first what is the basis for all these raw acid-form cannabinoid(s)? I have not read much of Courtney's material yet, but I did notice a reference to an recently discovered "orphan receptor" in the human body. This would be the receptor (or at least one of the functions) for the acid-form cannabinoids, it is in his website.

Briefly glanced at some of the promotional material for his run for Congress. From the bit I saw it looks like a man that does NOT have the head up the ass as most that I've seen running from either party. If it was practical I'd might like to move out to that county in California just to vote for the doctor.

Jumping around to topics, I wonder too if the VITA-MIX could be used in lieu of traditional juicers. Juicers give juice only and if it's fruit juice for instance, the pure unimpeded sugar (unimpeded by any fiber) can raise blood sugar unhealthily. Also lots of sugars can be inflammatory I think. Paleo man never encountered fruits in a form where the juice was separated out - it's said to be better to just eat a piece of fruit than pure fruit juice, unless only occasionally.

Edit: this evening I started popping the leaves in my mouth & chewing them as is, about 15 large fans. Next I'd try a raw flower and see how that might tickle my taste buds. IMO the leaves are not half-bad/I've eaten much, much worse things. I assume eating 'em unprocessed does same thing biologically as if they're juiced; if not, I'm sure I'll be taught otherwise. A big advantage; a lot less bother. I've always HATED cleaning those juicer screens that spin the juice out. After feeling a strong initial skepticism toward this, I'm starting to feel taken with Dr Courtney's discovery and the new raw paradigm. Yet still have the need to eventually cultivate an adequate scientific comprehension of it. In my gut I'm enthralled with the Cannabis plant. Our friend I've mentioned in several posts, given a terminal prognosis last summer (1.5-3 yrs to live even with chemo &/or radiation) was diagnosed as having highly metastisized aggressive prostate cancer. We have given him the Simpson oil (>60 g over about 4 mos.; made from a strong haze hybrid) and a few days ago he was declared by docs to be in remission. It's not very hard now to believe what else the plant can do for ppl. Dr Courtney is by all appearances a very learned man, writes extremely well, knows the 'cannabis science vocabulary' as well or better than anyone, & so on. I'm confident the man isn't any sort of snake oil merchant

Last edited by donb; 03-02-2012 at 06:45 AM. Reason: add text
Old 03-06-2012, 07:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by donb View Post
this evening I started popping the leaves in my mouth & chewing them as is, about 15 large fans.
I've read but I don't know personally that it's a bad idea to eat the leaves raw as they will irritate the hell out of your insides due to the structures on the leaves.
Old 03-06-2012, 08:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenAvenger View Post
I've read but I don't know personally that it's a bad idea to eat the leaves raw as they will irritate the hell out of your insides due to the structures on the leaves.
Hi GreenA; though I chewed the leaves about 7 days ago, I haven't yet been aware of any irritation of my digestive tract, or noticed blood in my s____l. I'd think if it were going to noticeably scratch the passageways of my digestive tract, I might have suffered some noticeable effect by now.. but perhaps the bad consequences accumulate over time in a stealth way. In any case I did pop and chew a pile of at LEAST 15 mostly very large haze-hybrid type compound fans. To the reader, I recommend using ur own best judgement on whether to consume. I often pay too little attention to instructions & warnings, could be I'm lucky to still be alive.

I guess it wouldn't hurt to use caution and grind/masticate the greens. I am thinking to buy a genuine Vita-Mix.

Ed: decades ago I used Juiceman-type juicer (pretty standard separating juice from fiber). Eventually I was tired out by it; cleaning it after each use I thought was far too labor intensive. For that I am thinking about a different machine, the Vita-Mix, which liquifies a whole veg together, juice & fiber, like a super-powerful blender. Many ppl it's said, need more fiber anyway. I assume, though could be wrong, that the "irritating structures" on the raw cannabis plant would be liquified in a Vita-M and thus not irritate the digestive tract (tho' I never noticed any effects anyway).

Last edited by donb; 03-06-2012 at 09:12 PM. Reason: add
Old 03-07-2012, 02:12 AM

Hi DonB, as I said I don't know from personal experience but had recalled reading it somewhere and I believe this is where I found that information:
"One of the drawbacks of eating marijuana leaf is the common complaint of stomach irritation. The top side of the cannabis leaf is coated with thousands of microscopic thorns, and these sometimes cause minor intestinal irritation, even after grinding."
A Safer Alternative to Smoking Cannabis - How to Make Your Own Marijuana Capsules - CannaCare Forums

Perhaps you have a cast iron stomach.