Mr. Nice Forums  
Home History Strains Media Web Community Medical Marijuana Contact us Auctions

Go Back   MNS Forums > Medicinal plants > 9. Patients forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-06-2012, 02:26 AM

Default Review: Coop's Sublingual Tincture

Review: Coop's Sublingual Tincture.

(sorry for poor camera quality. will update in the next few days with DSLR quality images.)

This thread is to give a review of a Sublingual Tincture that a Member of our community has made for patients, such as myself.

I had never used a sublingual tincture up until now. I really had no idea what to expect, so i went in with an open mind. At first glance the bottle/sprayer it comes in looks like a small sample of cologne or perfume, something that can be put to good use for stealth, and ease of use in public places. I obtained 2 bottles, one Cinnamon flavored, and one "natural" flavored. The cinnamon bottle went to a friend with heavy back injuries, and i kept the natural flavored for myself, and my wife that suffers from anxiety.

As per my instructions, one spray is equivalent to roughly a .8mg dosage of the active ingredient. 1-2 sprays is a good starting point for a person with a lower tolerance than myself (my wife said 2 sprays sublingually worked wonders.). i initially took 6 and waited for the onset.

The taste of the Natural flavored bottle is nothing to be scared of, if you appreciate a good brownie or edible every now and then, the taste will definitely let you know that you are actually consuming cannabis, which to me for a strange reason is more comforting than tasting a wild cherry or blueberry artificial flavor with my medicine, not saying those terpenes arent great in flowers themsevles! haha.

within 10 minutes i started feeling the effects. i was expecting the high that comes with eating cannabis edibles, but it proved to be very similiar to the experience of smoking or vaporizing. I was told this was made out of a few different strains trim, so its a hybrid blend. but anyways, the first 45 minutes i found myself to be very active, and upbeat with energy levels increasing. 1.5 hours into the dosage i started feeling sluggish, but was brought right back out of it with another application of 3 sprays.

My wife suffered a panic attack in a "swedish" furniture store this weekend, and was administered 1.6 mg sublingually at the onset of her attack, and was absolutely calm within 2 minutes. After i saw this happen, i realized the potential for this tincture. its amazing stuff.

I dosed myself with 5mg of spray last night, and slept like a baby. It seems you can control the type of effect you need with correct dosage. (i.e. heavy dosage for indica type effects, and lighter dosage for more sativa leaning effects) only time will tell, as i am going to be trying to obtain more of this, and use it as much as i can. This is truly amazing work, by a great guy. Thanks bud!

Last edited by JetLife; 02-06-2012 at 02:33 AM.
Old 02-06-2012, 04:45 AM

Hi Jetlife

I have been hearing about these types of tinctures--those that bring a rapid onset of effects, rather than coming slowly as an edible might. I tried making some with various recipies, including DMSO, vegetable glycerin, and alcohol. none of them seemed to provide this.

Could you possible track down the method this fine caregiver has used to produce such a great spray?

thanks, vajra

Last edited by vajra; 02-06-2012 at 04:46 AM. Reason: sp
Old 02-06-2012, 05:08 AM

that great caregiver can be found here lurking about on MNS brother. very approachable i might add.

the thing i love about this method is that it is so unsuspicious, and odor free, that i see catching on in communities and demographics that need to medicate, and may not be in a conducive environment to do so at a given time. it sure helped my wife, and it helped me deal with the in-laws today for a bit. hahahaha.
Old 02-06-2012, 05:17 AM
coop

how are you currently making your tinctures?
i would assume your not decarboxilated it fully if its not having that much of an effect.

sub-lingual administration does make it work as such, but other tinctures act in a similar manner.
Old 02-06-2012, 05:27 AM

This is an important thread, in so many ways. Thanks to All who are contributing here. I am keen to develop the medical side of this forum.
Old 02-06-2012, 05:42 AM
coop

I should add that just about everyone I have given some too has been really responsive to it. Which is amazing.

I've gotten a couple of reports back and it seems to have some great benefits for a few depression issues. Also been getting great feedback as a sort of replacement opiate/muscle relaxer with people with back issues and pains.

I've been asking people to keep logs but a more focused questionnaire might be great. Any one have experience with clinical trials, i have no idea what type of paperwork they might already use.

I am hoping to get another sample to the lab shortly to verify potency. A friend told me about another lab in the area and looks like they have the credentials to test this type of product. I've been having some issues with the other lab and their hplc setup with some of my test results.

I was thinking about this the other day with a friend, its quite amazing, a bit of studying but its been under $1500 with all my tests and making various tinctures to get to this point. So that's quite remarkable in terms of R & D on a quasi-pharmaceutical.

forgot to add it been one of the best tinctures/solutions for my patients with MS so far. I could only imagine what a 1:1 thc/cbd mix would do for them if they respond so well to just a thc formula.

Last edited by coop; 02-06-2012 at 05:48 AM.
Old 02-06-2012, 05:58 AM

Coop youve reminded me to post about what its doing for most of my "issues". thank you for that. i hope to keep this as a journal, for you of my own experience, my wifes, and others i may come into contact to hopefully share this gift with.

this evening ive noticed alot less pain in my kneee and ankle (injury in iraq 2005). if i sit still for too long and get up, i usualy am stiff and immobile for a few seconds. i am getting up and down fine. i have dosed about 6mg in the last 6 hours in conjunction with about 3 grams of strawberry cough in the last 4 hours. ptsd symptoms (anxiety, nervousnes etc) have dwindled, basically forgotten.

its really helping me out coop. im not lying brother.

a good sativa mixed with a z7 would be a great mix for this tincture in my eyes. for my personal needs.

Last edited by JetLife; 02-06-2012 at 03:54 PM.
Old 02-06-2012, 12:44 PM
Chana Masala

Good work Coop. Nice to see you sharing the love. Thanks for doing this.

I dont know how your time is for the next couple of years but maybe you would look into local community college for lab technologist. May as well learn how to test your own samples for the future. I am hoping to start lab studies this September. I figure one can first learn how to do accurate testing, then slowly buy the lab equipment.

@Jett. Nice to hear that you and the missus are finding great relief.

Big ups all,

CM
Old 02-06-2012, 03:48 PM
Dascher

Arent we trying to avoid cancer? Is you trying to kill motherfuckers up in here or wha?

Most notably, Susan Weed--respected herbalist and author--argues that the blood vessels under the tongue are too sensitive to be exposed to the high alcohol content in a tincture, and that taking tinctures this way can expose you to cell mutation which can lead to cancer. And the logic holds up.

RAW Forest Foods: The Down-low on Sublingual Tincture Taking | Discover the Infinite Power Within
Old 02-06-2012, 03:58 PM

Definitely Dont trust a few paragraphs on a randomm website. There needs to be definitive prove and testing for this.

Cell mutation?

i feel thats a little far stretched...