Mr. Nice Forums  
Home History Strains Media Web Community Medical Marijuana Contact us Auctions

Go Back   MNS Forums > Medicinal plants > 9. Patients forum

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
  #21  
Old 02-06-2012, 11:56 PM
Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 93
Default

With the little volume in each spray, you're not really exposing yourself to *that* much alcohol. I doubt it would create a huge impact.

Sativex is natural plant derived, not synthetic. They're the only one, I believe.

Coop, what surprises me is the clarity of the tincture. Even Sativex had a darker brownish tinge to it. Yours is surprisingly clear.

In any rate, if people were concerned, they could always reduce the alcohol content, creating an elixir with honey. That way you get quicker onset still, but alcohol is evaporated off.

Good stuff man! Its great reading good reports like this.Thanks.
Reply With Quote
  #22  
Old 02-07-2012, 06:39 AM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 283
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grooveh View Post
In any rate, if people were concerned, they could always reduce the alcohol content, creating an elixir with honey. That way you get quicker onset still, but alcohol is evaporated off.
Grooveh
why would you get a "quicker onset" by using honey and reduced alcohol?
Reply With Quote
  #23  
Old 02-07-2012, 01:47 PM
coop
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Sugar suspensions work n a similar manner as the cnnabinoids piggyback on the sugar pathways.

I do make other tinctures that are like that. Honey/maple syrup/agave/coconut oil all work pretty well
Reply With Quote
  #24  
Old 02-07-2012, 03:21 PM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 883
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dascher View Post
A bad idea to take medical avdice from an internet blog? Aint that exactly what is going on here in this thread?


Educate yourself idiot

People are not aware that alcohol is a major cause of mouth cancer
Professor Alex Markham, Cancer Research UK's chief executive
BBC NEWS | Health | Alcohol causing mouth cancer rise

Mouth cancer: Causes - MayoClinic.com

Heeps of info on alcohol and mouth cancer especially
I don't think anyone is saying that alcohol might not contribute to mouth cancer but moreso that the dose of alcohol is so small, much smaller then mouthwash, that it isn't a concern.

Best Regards

sXi
__________________
Do As I Say, Not As I Do
Reply With Quote
  #25  
Old 02-07-2012, 03:27 PM
coop
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

And whats the correlation with smoking?

Fact of the matter is 1ml of everclear is equivelent to almost smoking a gram joint. You tell me which is worse for the mouth

Edit- its Pretty clear dascher doesnt read his own links. That bbc article still says smoking is the #1 cause. And moderate alcohol use reduces risk. Also the mayo clinic states its not sure of the cause.

Last edited by coop; 02-07-2012 at 03:31 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #26  
Old 02-07-2012, 04:13 PM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 725
Talking

Hey Everybody,

Cool stuff. I just wanted to mention, as I didn't see it brought up, that the spray bottle is transparent and not "light proof". Wouldn't it be good to "light tight" the bottle, as we all know light degrades the active molecules, but I have also read that this degredation is faster when the molecules are held and stored within solution as opposed to the flowers. It's nice to see the community working together...keep it up! Peace!
Reply With Quote
  #27  
Old 02-07-2012, 04:30 PM
Dascher
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by coop View Post
And whats the correlation with smoking?

Fact of the matter is 1ml of everclear is equivelent to almost smoking a gram joint. You tell me which is worse for the mouth

Edit- its Pretty clear dascher doesnt read his own links. That bbc article still says smoking is the #1 cause. And moderate alcohol use reduces risk. Also the mayo clinic states its not sure of the cause.
Erh, wat does smoking have to do with alcohol based sublingual tincture?Laddy, yer steering a wee bit left instead of right.

amuteurs
Reply With Quote
  #28  
Old 02-07-2012, 04:40 PM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 288
Default

I think it's clear that Dascher is someone with a grudge or an agenda - or maybe that's giving him/her too much credit.

This is very interesting stuff, Coop - is there a thread on this somewhere (yours or someone else's) with procedures that you followed, or is this pretty much a standard alcoholic tincture?

Not that I think a spritz of ethanol is going to cause an instantaneous eruption of fulminating mouth tumors or anything, but because the need will arise for a nonalcoholic vehicle sooner or later (there's a lot of recovering alcoholics out there who might be pretty uncomfortable spraying alchohol under their tongues) - is there any way to make a dilute glycerine-based liquid that is dilute enough to spray but still keeps the cannabinoids in solution? Has anyone heard of this being done? (the idea being that it might work faster than glycerin drops)

I remember several years back reading about compounds called cyclodextrins that were used to enable steroid-type drugs (which are lipid-soluble) to be suspended in water for sublingual or intranasal administration.
What was nice about them is there was no stinging (try using that tincture intranasally - ouch!) And I don't think there was any complicated procedure
involved in reacting them with the drug, but I can't really remember now.
Might be worth somebody's while to look into, though...
__________________
I am Spasmodicus!
Reply With Quote
  #29  
Old 02-07-2012, 04:52 PM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: 30,000 Feet and climbing...
Posts: 556
Default

if we could all be a little more respectful of one another, i would really appreciate it.


I would hate to have this thread ruined by arguments, and petty trolling. we are trying to get to the bottom of this, but it can be done in a more respectful way.

Cheers.

JL
Reply With Quote
  #30  
Old 02-07-2012, 04:54 PM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: 30,000 Feet and climbing...
Posts: 556
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by suburban View Post
I think it's clear that Dascher is someone with a grudge or an agenda - or maybe that's giving him/her too much credit.

This is very interesting stuff, Coop - is there a thread on this somewhere (yours or someone else's) with procedures that you followed, or is this pretty much a standard alcoholic tincture?

Not that I think a spritz of ethanol is going to cause an instantaneous eruption of fulminating mouth tumors or anything, but because the need will arise for a nonalcoholic vehicle sooner or later (there's a lot of recovering alcoholics out there who might be pretty uncomfortable spraying alchohol under their tongues) - is there any way to make a dilute glycerine-based liquid that is dilute enough to spray but still keeps the cannabinoids in solution? Has anyone heard of this being done? (the idea being that it might work faster than glycerin drops)

I remember several years back reading about compounds called cyclodextrins that were used to enable steroid-type drugs (which are lipid-soluble) to be suspended in water for sublingual or intranasal administration.
What was nice about them is there was no stinging (try using that tincture intranasally - ouch!) And I don't think there was any complicated procedure
involved in reacting them with the drug, but I can't really remember now.
Might be worth somebody's while to look into, though...
an intranasal application would be pretty intense! haha.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT. The time now is 05:10 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
SEO by vBSEO 3.6.0 PL2
All rights reserved, MR NICE SEEDBANK, NL