Mr. Nice Forums  
Home History Strains Media Web Community Medical Marijuana Contact us Auctions

Go Back   MNS Forums > Medicinal plants > 9. Patients forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-06-2012, 04:00 PM
coop

your blog has much science there dude.

We are talking less then half a ml per dose here.
Old 02-06-2012, 04:09 PM
coop

Healing Wise - Be Your Own Herbal Expert Part 4: How to Make Herbal Tinctures by Susun Weed - Weed Wanderings Herbal eZine with Susun Weed

and not to talk trash about this Weed lady. But this is exactly the type of stuff I am trying to avoid. I don't want to be an "herbologist" with hippy folklore

Quote:
Almost any alcohol can be used to make a tincture. My preference is 100 proof vodka. A lower proof, such as 80 proof, does not work nearly as well. Higher proofs, such as 198 proof or Everclear, can damage the liver and kidneys, so I don't use them to make medicine.
it statements like that. Why would you not just buy everclear since its cheaper per volume and water it down 50% of you wanted to use 80 proof in your tinctures. And again, how much of her tinctures do you need to take if you need to worry about liver and kidney damage.

I've debated for many hours with alcohol tincutures dealing with some people who are in AA, but in those doses your going to pass out from getting high before you will ever get drunk.
Old 02-06-2012, 04:37 PM

Im signing up to be your continuous guinea pig, Coop. From what i understand, and from my own personal experiences with the medicine, i know that it works FAST, and is an EFFECTIVE delivery method. Im sure there will be some refining along the way, but so far i do not see an issue with the formula now, although i will report that heavy use sublingually does start to burn slightly after applications. i assume thats the alcohol.
Old 02-06-2012, 04:47 PM

Great thread so far. ;D ;D
I see some good research coming too. ;D ;D

I applaud your efforts, coop, for getting this tincture made and in the hands of those in need.

Quote:
Definitely Dont trust a few paragraphs on a randomm website. There needs to be definitive prove and testing for this.

Cell mutation?

i feel thats a little far stretched...
I agree...

The damage caused to the liver and kidneys quote is ridiculous and unfounded, IMO, since the alcohol dose is so small in the case of tinctures.

Last edited by MJPassion; 02-06-2012 at 04:56 PM.
Old 02-06-2012, 04:51 PM
Chana Masala

High guys,

I think Dachers post is valid. We are all trying to fiugre out the best way to heal one another. But ultimately goes back to lab anaysis to really back up either ones view.

On cell mutation:

A new mutation involving the sublingual gland in NFS/N mice. Partially arrested mucous cell differentiation.

Y. Hayashi, A. Kojima, M. Hata, and K. Hirokawa
Department of Pathology, Tokyo Metropolitan Institute of Gerontology, Japan.

- and -

The sld mutation is specific for sublingual salivary mucous cells and disrupts apomucin gene expression

M. A. Fallon, L. R. Latchney, A. R. Hand, A. Johar, P. A. Denny, P. T. Georgel, P.C. Denny and D. J. Culp

- and -

Instinic Factor

Intrinsic factor - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia (note: that different people process, or are recessive to some of these applications.)

Again Coop. I commend you man. What caught me is your level of consciousness with regard to thinking about the person you help treat i.e. past personal issues and/or habitual practices that one has been able to break or move past. I also commend anyone who works toward positive change. We all deal with it on our own level.

I wish more md's cared more for their patients and not so quick to just pen down a medical prescription with no foresight on a human beings right to live a productive and healthy life, with no mental or physical cravings or residual effects of being dependent on a substance be it chemical or natural, with the exception of cannabis, as we are aware for the most part of cannabis side effects in our own use. But once again it seems we need more lab work on the cellular level to be certain.

Peace,

CM
Old 02-06-2012, 05:00 PM

Has the ability, of cannabinoids, to destroy cancerous cells been considered?
Old 02-06-2012, 05:03 PM
Chana Masala

Another thought if I may.

Mr. R.C. Clark and GW, probably have this research. I am not sure if it is made public or protected under copy write or patents.

But here is the link for GW Pharma, and Sativex. My understanding is that it is synthetic, and not derived from natural cannabis. But I could be wrong and maybe valid for this discussion.

CM
Old 02-06-2012, 05:14 PM
Chana Masala

Quote:
Originally Posted by JetLife View Post
Im signing up to be your continuous guinea pig, Coop. From what i understand, and from my own personal experiences with the medicine, i know that it works FAST, and is an EFFECTIVE delivery method. Im sure there will be some refining along the way, but so far i do not see an issue with the formula now, although i will report that heavy use sublingually does start to burn slightly after applications. i assume thats the alcohol.
Sorry for so many posts friends, just the mind is sparked with this thought. Good on you Jett for being honest about it man. Only way we can improve is sharing what knowledge and meds we have with each other.

Seems that burning you noted is something that may or may not have a detrimental effect over time. We need to continue this great energy here and share our findings.

Take care,

CM
Old 02-06-2012, 05:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by coop View Post
how are you currently making your tinctures?
i would assume your not decarboxilated it fully if its not having that much of an effect.

sub-lingual administration does make it work as such, but other tinctures act in a similar manner.
Hi Coop, I didn't realize this was your good work. Thank you for responding. I made my tinctures a few ways: soaking/steeping buds in glycerin, in DMSO, and in everclear. I heated the mixture in a croc-pot, but not with any knowledge of decarb-ing the thc. I heated it simply because other online sources encouraged it to "speed the extraction". I would believe you that I did not properly decarboxylate the material. Not sure how to do so.

None of my tinctures did much of anything, and I was really looking forward to having an atomizer of good medicine to take with me. I have yet to try a tincture that worked quickly, and I am sure it is because I have yet to find one that was made properly. There is a video of Adam from T.H.Seeds using an atomizer to spray under his tongue, and it appears to work within a minute or so. I would like to make my own tincture, simply for my own use. I am not involved in any type of caregiving or sales.
Old 02-06-2012, 05:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chana Masala View Post
Sorry for so many posts friends, just the mind is sparked with this thought. Good on you Jett for being honest about it man. Only way we can improve is sharing what knowledge and meds we have with each other.

Seems that burning you noted is something that may or may not have a detrimental effect over time. We need to continue this great energy here and share our findings.

Take care,

CM
Its my thread Chana, you may do as you please here, and post as much as you like as long as we are trying to make some sort of progress and keeping it positive.

i enjoy your input, and eagerness on most topics you speak on. I hope for some very good things to come out of this thread. I really do.

Im not too sure how much of an effect the "sting" is going to have. It last for roughly 5 seconds or so, basically until the material is absorbed. I have been tinkering around this morning with dosages accompanied by a combustible method of medication as well. will be reporting back.

havent had many issues since starting the tincture. so im keeping my fingers crossed.