Mr. Nice Forums  
Home History Strains Media Web Community Medical Marijuana Contact us Auctions

Go Back   MNS Forums > Medicinal plants > 9. Patients forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-01-2012, 02:44 AM
coop

I ordered 5ml atomizers but they hold more like 6ml

We figured it out that it is 90 sprays.

I put what was the equivalent of 75mg in each one.

@.833mg per spray, it seems on point with people saying 5-6 sprays (4-5mg) is a solid dose. I can feel 2-3.

I don't want to get myself in trouble, but I looked into how they make there's thats why I tried mixing it with the glycerin in my first test batches.

You can add various essential oils to the mix. I think its more of the method of sub lingual delivery that's makes the big difference.

There is also a company in cali making a very similar product. Its actually an idea I had and saw their video and almost knew instantly how to make it. All that R & D paid off in 2 minutes.

the stuff in cali is said to be 2.5mg per spray. The sativex is supposed to be 2.5mg of thc and 2.5mg of cbd.
I perfer to make mine less potent so titration is easier.

I've been using tested starting products on this, and there is very little cbd and cbn in them.

Last edited by coop; 02-01-2012 at 02:51 AM.
Old 02-01-2012, 02:53 AM

Now this is where Big Pharma muddies the water:
Quote:
In addition, while marijuana is a hodgepodge of about 64 different substances, Sativex is composed mainly of two ingredients: THC and another cannabinoid called CBD. The latter component is thought to ameliorate some of the side effects of THC, including the high that marijuana users feel, said Dr. Armando Villarreal, an assistant professor of neurosurgery and pain management at the University of Rochester Medical Center in New York.
This "hodgepodge" is a collection of many very possible medicinally active terpines and many other components. Throwing them aside is asinine and counter-productive. The problem is synthesizing them, isolating and doing the lab work to determine which component does what exactly if you are in Business. As we know why not use the WHOLE PLANT and ALL of its available active components? And much more inexpensively? Why is a spray better than tinctures many of us already are pretty darn good at "manufacturing"? I've been doing this with 50-50 THC/CBD tincture and candies for 2 years and its been a godsend from what I hear from seriously ill folks. Take a look at Cash Hyde and what Phoenix Tears have done for this little ( 2 year old)Hero, I'm proud to have helped even a bit with this treatment. To hell with Big Pharma and its attempt to squash real medicine
Old 02-01-2012, 02:59 AM
coop

yea that is a great point

Mine still have all the terpenes, and some of them natural lets just say give you quite the weed breath. The super silver haze and grand daddy purps where actually quite nice. There is also a difference in various mixtures due to the variety you use for that reason.

the spray is just great for the method in ingestion and how quick acting it is. Its also got potential benefits as a topical.
Old 02-01-2012, 03:52 AM

hey coop, i was wondering if you have experienced any tolerance build up to this? as in after a month of medicinal use, does the dosage become considerably more to acheive said effect?
Old 02-01-2012, 03:57 AM
coop

the debate over pharmaceutical cannabis is a heated one. But yea there was a calculated move by some people to develop these things, as single cannabinoids are really the only way to get this stuff approved. Is it right or wrong etc, I really don't know and don't care, but its been a 30+ year struggle and I give credit to those who have done some amazing work on the subject.

Personally I am pissed at the whole situation. Ripshit really. My ex's mother has MS, and has it pretty bad. Sativex is a product that is known to help her problems, but now we see that it will might be available in the states in another year or two but only for cancer patients.

Her doctor's have no problem giving her tons of Oxycontin. (interesting to note too, Purdue pharma was studying thc etc but where told to stop their research, so they made what? yup Oxycontin) But have no idea about cannabinoids or the endocannabinoid system.

You give her a product like this and she can live life. You give her opiates and benzo's and a handful of other med's and she' can't much get out of bed.
Old 02-01-2012, 03:58 AM
coop

Quote:
Originally Posted by JetLife View Post
hey coop, i was wondering if you have experienced any tolerance build up to this? as in after a month of medicinal use, does the dosage become considerably more to acheive said effect?
In general I don't notice that much of a tolerance to oral administration.
I try to keep my doses light, you can control the high which is very similar to vaporizing if you ask me.
Old 02-01-2012, 04:20 AM
coop

the spray is used under the tongue

I also make some tinctures that you can either swirl around your mouth and swallow or just add to a beverage.

The tinctures are more syrups/suspensions so work a bit differently then edibles as well. But they have a similar effect to the spray, except maybe the tinctures take a minute or two longer to kick in.

I've had some 1/1 caps. That worked pretty well. The high is different so you would notice that I am sure but it seemed to administer the same as thc cannacaps.
Old 02-03-2012, 09:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JetLife View Post
coop youre a mad scientist!

im off to the lab myself! hahaha.
COOP: mad scientist or God's very humble worker - you be the judge
Old 02-03-2012, 09:35 PM
coop

my real name is Frank Einstein.

but really I can't take any credit for any of this, I just studied what others before me have done.
Old 02-03-2012, 09:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by coop View Post
..addition of cinnamon oil to both my tinctures and the spray seem to really increase the effectiveness.
And the plot thickens.. funny that getting high can cause feelings of hunger suggesting a possible connection to blood sugar? Cinnamon is touted now in alternative health as helpful to diabetes 2 (that form of the disease is not a lack of insulin, but insensitivity to insulin).

Even the US Dept of Agriculture took up the cinnamon cause with or without the permission of the FDA to tout the ancient spice. However as I recall the good stuff with cinnamon is not in its oil.

Last edited by donb; 02-03-2012 at 09:49 PM. Reason: add a link