Mr. Nice Forums  
Home History Strains Media Web Community Medical Marijuana Contact us Auctions

Go Back   MNS Forums > Medicinal plants > 9. Patients forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-09-2008, 06:43 PM

No offense to whatever help you are getting but comorbidity is nothing more than a fancy term doctors use to essentially bill you twice for the same issues.

Comorbidity means 'additional morbidity' or the presence of one or more disorders (or diseases) in addition to a primary disease or disorder. Works real well when describing the physical but gets kind of gray in the mental realm.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Comorbidity
Old 04-15-2008, 07:25 AM
Breeder and moderator

Hi All

I am still away till the 25th of the month but was sittingwith a doctor friend of mine in Australia reading through some of the posts on the site and we got to this one.

According to my doctor friend he believes that labelling has been the only real development on certain conditions over the passed years...so now we seem to have alot more labelled or named conditions without any new real symtoms. I expect it helps for some and the opposite for others. If someone tells you that this is your new condition and can prescribe pharmaceutical substances for you and you think you feel better, then obviously traditional medicine feels it is making advances. I believe it to be a big business and doctors are the pharmaceutical colonels and as you go down the ranks you get to us the pharmaceutical soldiers...a pathetic state of affiars in my opinion!

Will be back soon to answer all the pm and questions, thanks for the patience patients! All the best Sb

"Care about what other people think and you will always be their prisoner." -Lao Tzu

all the best,
Shantibaba
http://www.mrnice.nl
https://shop.mrnice.nl
Old 04-16-2008, 12:09 AM

Comorbidity in psychiatry
In psychiatry, comorbidity refers to the presence of more than one mental disorder occurring in an individual at the same time. On the DSM Axis I, Major Depressive Disorder is a very common comorbid disorder. The Axis II personality disorders are often criticized because their comorbidity rates are excessively high, approaching 60% in some cases, indicating to critics the possibility that these categories of mental illness are too imprecisely distinguished to be usefully valid for diagnostic purposes and, thus, for deciding how treatment resources should be allocated.

I am a recovering Alcoholic and also addicted to marijuana.People with addictions be it tobacco, pharmacutical ,alcohol ,cannabis ,cocaine, etc., may be coupled with a mental disorder,depression ,anxiety, phobias and the more and longer addictions lead to a hiigher rate of comorbidity.After abstinence is what problems that are left need to be addressed.
As for me I went for over 20years off alcohol and also made an attempt to stay off the weed due to it's effect on me as far as ambition and making a living.One of the hardest things in life I have to deal with.It took me 15 years of starting and stopping until I finally was able to stay clean for 2 years.But am always brought back to it eventually.It just does something for me as I have always been racked with anxiety and fears since I was a child in an alcoholic home where my childhood in that house was like living in hell.Scares to prove it. Anyway when I smoke cannabis it does wonders,I can relax,cope out and stop my head from doing it thing.Slows me down.What's wrong with that.I have done everything in my power to QUIT this stuff until in desperation I said to myself what more can i do. A pychiatrist told me that many go back to it in my case and can be given as medication rather than anti depressents et al but in future I would likely have more hospital atmittence than on regular drugs.
Just to let you know a little about myself,Thanks for your work and site Shantibba.Shogirl