Mr. Nice Forums  
Home History Strains Media Web Community Medical Marijuana Contact us Auctions

Go Back   MNS Forums > Medicinal plants > 9. Patients forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-15-2011, 04:19 PM
coop

Quote:
Originally Posted by diddley View Post
Do you soak your cannabis in cold runny cultured milk (yoghurt) coop, or do you cook it in butter (clarified or not)?
i use sugars when i make edibles for the cannabinoids to piggyback on that pathway.

but when cooking i've used both butter and milk it depends on what your making. butter stores very well so its good to make and keep in the freezer, fresh dairy will spoil.

yogurt is a perfect substitute for a lot of dairy products in cooking, so while i have no experience making hash yogurt its all very doable
Old 11-18-2011, 07:46 AM
wanagrowbigbud

If making butter what's your preferred method coop ?

I have seen so many methods its hard to have the time and gear to test them all for the best ..

I alway go for a simple one

boil water in big pot
add butter and when boils turn to the simmer
add weed let simmer for about 2 hrs
strain out weed
put in fridge to set
collect butter off top of water when set ...

I have not tried many other ways...
Old 11-18-2011, 05:17 PM
coop

Quote:
Originally Posted by wanagrowbigbud View Post
If making butter what's your preferred method coop ?

I have seen so many methods its hard to have the time and gear to test them all for the best ..

I alway go for a simple one

boil water in big pot
add butter and when boils turn to the simmer
add weed let simmer for about 2 hrs
strain out weed
put in fridge to set
collect butter off top of water when set ...

I have not tried many other ways...
yea thats the basic method.

I've been using my crock pot lately, just set it on low and let it sit for at least 8 hours, then strain and put in fridge

I have friends that swear if you let it sit a day to 36hours its even better but I don't notice a difference between that and 8 hours. But its def some of the most potent butter when made that way.
Old 11-19-2011, 08:48 AM

What's in ur cannabis capsules? I suppose it's been decarboxylated..
Old 11-19-2011, 05:32 PM

I too do not get much effect from edibles, would rather make some bubble hash with my trim.
Old 11-19-2011, 10:21 PM

got in on discussion too late did not read from beginning - comment deleted

Last edited by donb; 11-20-2011 at 08:02 AM.
Old 11-20-2011, 07:30 AM

Any chemists/chemistry majors on MNS forum? Or.. the super-informed? My question: would THCA carboxylate (as it does somewhat as buds dry/cure) in an atmosphere of pure CO2??

Pure CO2 (from dry ice sublimination) is how I have preserved bone dry mushrooms and I'm wondering if a CO2 atmosphere can also preserve weed.

I wonder what it is specifically, in terms of the chemistry or a physical process, that breaks the bond that was holding a carboxyl group. I also wonder what's involved chemically with THC conversion to the breakdown molecule CBN. So I wonder what could prevent these two from occurring.

Last edited by donb; 11-20-2011 at 07:38 AM.
Old 11-20-2011, 08:02 PM

Talking

Hey Shelby,

I was wondering if you have had time to make some edibles and try them out. I also noticed that joshuahazen mentioned he does not strain the herb from the butter...I do strain the oil...just thought I would mention this incase you are wondering how there is no herb taste when I use the oil. I actually just made some sugar cookies with some Nl5 Haze bud and olive oil and enjoyed the taste so much that last night I ended up higher than I have ever been...if I could, I would get ya some of these cookies...no immunity to four of these bad boys...I'm actually pleasantly high off one right now. Let us know how it turned out for ya! Peace!