Home History Strains Media Web Community Medical Marijuana Contact us Auctions

Go Back   MNS Forums > Medicinal plants > 9. Patients forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-04-2011, 05:56 PM
The Green Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by jondojoando View Post
hey all . anyone got any personal findings on DNA? cheers, ,, ,jj
Have grown a few of their strains namely Cannalope Haze, C13 Haze and Chocolope. They were all worthy strains and were exactly as they should have been - in terms of matching their descriptions.
I've heard some not so positive comments about DNA and some of their genetics and business dealings. Apparently the Cannalope Haze resembles Cindy99 in a number of ways and I'm pretty sure Gippo Nirvana was having a moan at DNA for using genetics he gave them to make the CH. They now hold the original skunk#1 male from Eddy at TFD which they are using in some of their newer crosses e.g. Lemon Skunk.
As far as customer service goes I have no complaints.
Again these are my personal findings and I'm sure others will tell it differently.
My only concern regarding many of the Dutch based seed companies is that they are outsourcing their production to 3rd parties based in Spain who are not exactly thorough in their work. A lot of fem seeds are coming out of the Girona area and mistakes are being made. DNA are one such company and TH Seeds are another - there will be many more as well.
BH seemed to know a lot about DNA so maybe drop him a PM.
Hope this helps,
Keep it green,
TGM.
Old 07-04-2011, 08:11 PM

La confidential is the only thing id actively pursue from them..
Old 07-04-2011, 09:04 PM

DNA had gone right off the boil last time i tried em,which was about 2009.I used to be really impressed by them but then the quality went down,Me and a pal used to test beans and even after reporting multiple herms they were still available on the shelves,WTF they wanted em tested if they were just gonna go ahead and sell em is anyones biz.

La con is a great strain,and there are others as Greenman says but stuff like RKS,x18 etc are just shite.

There are some limited additon la con x ecsd in my seed stash that are meant to be good,like anything do your research first and you should be fine Jondojoando
Old 07-11-2011, 10:18 PM

hey, cheers- Green Man, Longhorn and nobody!

yeah, just doin homework so your info is invaluable to me.. i guess i'm kinda interested in the genetics/varieties floating round Cali.. and concepts like reserva privada do appeal to me in that i like collaborations and cooperatives.. any strains worth mentioning please do.. hell, even pm me! if u don't feel like typing, then just send me a name! lol! i'm kinda outta the loop with all the haps and politics of the industry.. oh, and i'll definately pm BH.. ! cheers and thanks for helping me with my homework!! lol... . . jj

edit: regarding outsourcing, i guess teething problems must b expected and i'm sure that'll get sorted, eh? hell, i wouldn't mind being offered the work- go live in spain and produce seeds!! nice.

Last edited by jondojoando; 07-11-2011 at 10:26 PM.
Old 07-11-2011, 10:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scrog View Post
I agree with the post above. Unless you have a LOT of extra money to get rid of stick with MNS. No other seedbank has even come close to matching the quality and consistency of MNS that I've tried. I think a lot of it has to do with the fact that 90% of seedbanks don't actually have "breeders", that understand genetics, working with their plants. They'll start with one FEMALE that was usually gifted as a clone and either cross it with a poorly or randomly "selected" male or be completely lazy and just mutate the hell out of it to give you feminized seeds. Then 99% of the time these companies will do nothing to lock down traits that made their strain successful for a run or two. Have you ever bought a the same strain from the average "marketing driven" seed company 2 or more years apart? If the breeder is doing what they should, it would be my belief that the strain would still have the desired traits found in the first runs and at a higher frequency and with greater stability. This has not be the case in any of my non-MNS experiences. I could be wrong in what to expect from a breeder so feel free to chime in.
hey Scrog.

i guess that's my general vibe, but i'd feel i'd be remiss in my duty to every so often have a peek around, eh? gotta sample from as many as i can.. though i guess i'm a little more relaxed with tryin some of the other sources in that i don't mind feminised or small seedpacks as i view it more of a taster, really.. whereas, for example, with my sharks comin up i'm determined to find me a 10 year keeper... it means something to me. problem is, with so many companies poppin up, i get all,, i don't know, distrusting or suspicious perhaps? And there's gotta b some good one's getting lost in the mix.

orig. posted by Marlin:
Quote:
Anyway, just thought I should come back and let all the good people following this thread know Adam from TH Seeds is OK in my books. He's a pretty cool dude and I thank him for making this right!
great to hear. i've seen a fair share of interviews and the like with Adam and i'v always liked the dude. seems like a real chill and straight up just real... thinkin of buying some of his clothing! i like buying things from good folk! cool... jj
cheers.. .jj

Last edited by jondojoando; 07-11-2011 at 11:00 PM.