Mr. Nice Forums  
Home History Strains Media Web Community Medical Marijuana Contact us Auctions

Go Back   MNS Forums > Medicinal plants > 9. Patients forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-13-2011, 08:44 PM

Angry anyone get fucking anxious

Hi everyone I have been having anxiety problems for years now at the end of a real bad attack I end up in hospital. I know that their are people out their with far worse conditions than mine and my heart goes out to them. But for me this is really getting to me.
The most annoying bit about all of this for me is that my so called friends don't believe me that cannabis has medicinal affects and helps with my anxiety. They just think im using pot for an excuse. this is one of things that forced me into growing because they wouldn't get me it lol.
I was just wondering if anyone else has an anxiety problem on here. I understand that full Indicas are the way to go for help. But I was just curious to know if any of you think that smoking to much in a single session could cause anxiety. Iv got a volcano vaporizer and I like to smoke two or 3 bags in a row as I feel myself getting really high like that. Do you think that this to to much weed for one session. If you have anxiety how much do you vape or smoke in a single session. I would love to hear your opnions. Thanks Ever So Much CF.
Old 03-13-2011, 09:12 PM
british_hempire

I suffer badly from anxiety and take prescription medication for it. I smoke from the moment I get up and it takes between 1 and 2 hours for the anxiety to wear off each day. Not sure how much I consume in that time but it will be between half a gram and a gram, maybe with an extra kick from some qwiso smeared on the paper. Getting nicely toasted works very well in conjuntion with the prescription meds, they seem to have some synchronicity in their overall effects on me that seem quite positive overall but I still have a lot of experimentation to do regarding dosing levels of both. I think I've found a decent level but it is difficult because different days I feel different ways and therefore need differing doses. Main thing for me is to medicate if I feel anxious. Being dry is to be avoided at all costs.
Old 03-13-2011, 09:34 PM

im anxious sometimes not too often and when i feel i will, i try to make something like running or walking in the nature, smoking herb calm my anxiety too but i have not smoke pot since a year !!!
it will be cool if we have a list of the mr nice strains good for anxiety relief, british empire what do you think of the medecine man and nordle for your anxiety if i can ask ?
Old 03-13-2011, 11:19 PM
Banned

my girlfriend/comonlaw wife is on scripts for anxiety and im one of the remedy testers so this is good news , i can help her while she helps me/us
Old 03-14-2011, 11:48 AM

Default Hi

CF,

This was one of the reasons I had quit smoking for a couple years. The panic attacks were so bad. I couldn't shake the feeling of death. It only got that bad when smoking herb. So after such a long time I was suprised to smoke once again, and it was actually able to defeat this demon of panic. I do hope yo fibd the right herb for your help. Be well...Ns

"How would you like to feel like a mushroom?"
Kept in the dark, and fed Shit all day?

The past no longer dictates me to the future. Everyday is a new day, and what is made of it is my choice.
Old 03-14-2011, 03:16 PM

hey cheese,

you might try a regular pipe to see if increasing cbd and other cannabis ingredients helps
seems like i read that a vaporizer doesn't get hot enough to cook those compounds.
Old 03-14-2011, 04:47 PM

Panic attacks are hard to get a doctor to deal with, nevermind friends or pretty much anyone who hasn't dealt with them.
Weed helps, of that I am proof positive. But you have to be a chronic user from my experience.
A bit of weed here and there used to set mine off.
Once I started using it regularly for the pain in my busted back I realized my panic attacks were lessening.

Double bonus
Old 03-14-2011, 05:40 PM

I used to get these real bad. They call them anxiety attacks. Panic attacks is much more descriptive. You just know you're going to die RIGHT NOW. Even when you know it's an attack you can't shake that feeling. Here's something to help. Breathe in through your nose. Hold your breathe 10 seconds or so. Exhale through mouth. This is difficult to do when you're having an attack but it works. It's from Dr. Weiss, Wild something that, online Dr. Another thing. Calcium Magnesium tablets will always take the edge off. This really works. You can feel an attack coming on most of the time. If you chew up 2 or 3 of these it takes off the super bad part. You may know what I'm talking about. Small ones make you anxious and uncomfortable but when the attacks go over to where you feel like they are overtaking you ability to control them. Where it's wide open panic (that's the bad part). If you take these it will lower it to uncomfortable from uncontrollable. I've taken 5 at times when in bad shape.
Animal Parade Calcium 90 Chewable

VitaminLife.com: Animal Parade Calcium

It works within 15 minutes. This is the best thing I've found for temporary relief with low side effects. If you take them every day it will cause constipation. I only take them when I'm having an attack. I read about this on some Gov. health site. I wonder if small doses every day would help, not sure.

Buspirone prescription greatly reduces them but I don't like it. It makes me stupid and slow. Vistaril (Hydroxyzine PAM)will knock them out but it makes you numb and stupid.

I was getting them bad for a while. Caffeine is a huge no-go. I quit drinking coffee (I miss it badly), I drink a little tea (too much can bring them back), and quit smoking cigarettes(look into snus). Now I don't get them very often but they seem to come sometimes randomly but not as bad. I just use the Cal-Mag and it calms me down. Some weed causes me anxiety. The super up stuff so I sample new weed in small amounts. I do know if I was getting the bad attacks every day with no relief like I was at one time I would kill myself. It's that bad. I couldn't take it.

As far as weed goes. D.J. Short suffers from this and Blueberry should not cause anxiety. I have an auto called Blue Streak, Blueberry cross, that is very calming. It's energizing weed, not narcotic(which I hate) but it doesn't give you anxiety. Most autos, I believe, have more of the chemicals that lower anxiety.

Last edited by oscar the rotund; 03-14-2011 at 05:52 PM.
Old 03-14-2011, 06:58 PM

Your anxiety is caused by youth.The older you get the more you don't give a feck & your anxiety fades.If you don't give a shit about wearing trousers up to your armpits,you obviously ain't anxious about nothin'
Old 03-14-2011, 07:21 PM

Thanks for all of your responses guys much appreciated. Its funny how you should say that mainline monkey as my Grand dad says something similar. It seems to me that anxiety seems more prevalent in todays society I dont know if anyone would agree. I also never knew that DJ short sufferd from anxiety i shall have to order his Blueberry. CF.