Mr. Nice Forums  
Home History Strains Media Web Community Medical Marijuana Contact us Auctions

Go Back   MNS Forums > Medicinal plants > 9. Patients forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-25-2013, 10:00 AM

Woah..sorry to dig this out but..so much hate towards Sensi??

Bought their NL5xHaze and managed to pull out an NL5-leaning pheno (growth pattern), with a fair flowering time of around 10-11 weeks and a long-lasting superb sativa-high..
Don't even get me started, this pheno is way, WAY superior to anything I have ever grown or seen grown-out, it's not even funny.
Everyone raves about that weed, it plays in its own league.
And this came from a 3 Pack of Fems (yeah, I know, the devil created fems)!

One didn't germ, so germination could be a problem..
I also didn't test any other seeds from sensi, so they may all be bad and the crappiest seeds ever sold (as it sounds in this thread), but that NL5xHz alone makes me highly doubt this.
To call them plain shit is ridiculous imho and sounds quite fanboyish and noob for me, sorry.
Old 01-25-2013, 05:40 PM

Sensi seed bank .you can buy a 50 kg bag o seeds in north Africa for 20$ .stick them in some nice packaging and hey whammo 100$ a pack,they where the champs at one time only because they had aussies behind the scene who knew about weed,there was only b52 ,NL ,skunkn1 sold in coffeshops in late 80s so sensi had it sowed up.if he was to sell sensi he'd want millions,sensi are washed up sorry ,he would need to start giving freebys to gain our trust again ,i spent thousands in 90s on there gear and most were leafy scruffs and the rest never germed ,come on dronkers get your finger out or find proper growers,strain and dedicated peeps to run your show.peace,noobs stay away from sensi.barnys and greenhouse as you will not get good gear,I speak from experience.peace,

Last edited by johnpeace; 01-25-2013 at 05:45 PM.
Old 01-25-2013, 11:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sensimilla13 View Post
Even pollen chucks makes unbelievable seed sometimes...go drop a few hundred on a couple packs each then come give your review...it's likely to change...especially if you know what the old Sensi seed quality was like...
I must admit, that I just could've been lucky.
You are right, there's quite a few people complaining when I went through all those reports, but that goes for nearly all strains.
The other pheno, pretty lanky and hazy, was quite nice but didn't hold up, maybe you are right..
If you spend that that much money on several packs and even germination is bad, that can be pretty disappointing..
I also don't know the old seeds, but just wanted to warm this thread up, as plain Sensi bashing doesn't do justice to what I found in their seeds.
Again, maybe I was just lucky.

This is 150w HCI, flowered when they were under 10cm..maybe you can help me with this specific pheno? It is NL-leaning obviously but I didn't see this pheno in any grow report I went through.
Dutch Passions Isis, which some people said to be a selfed pheno of NL5xHz (true?) looks a little like this and also the pics in seed finder are close, but mostly they don't look that compact..
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Nl5xHz Clone (Sensi) 3.jpg (85.1 KB, 38 views)
File Type: jpg NL5 x Haze Sensi Seeds 1.jpg (82.1 KB, 29 views)
File Type: jpg Nl5xHz Clone (Sensi) 4.jpg (75.7 KB, 33 views)
File Type: jpg Nl5xHz Clone (Sensi) 5.jpg (80.0 KB, 16 views)
File Type: jpg NL5xHz Clone (Sensi) 1.jpg (74.4 KB, 30 views)
Old 01-26-2013, 04:49 PM

Picture 1 . Looks spot on to a kandy kush I grew out. That light shade of green that is almost blue.... The bud formation...spot on
Old 11-28-2013, 02:07 AM

sensi seeds mr nice is not from shantis work lmao some of you crack me up on here
Old 11-29-2013, 05:48 AM

Default Sensi experience

In 2010 I traveled to the Netherlands to purchase genetics. I spent a few thousand euro on seed from various shops. I purchased Northern Lights, Shiva Skunk, Super Skunk, Mapleleaf Indica, California Indica, Early Pearl, Hindu Kush, Ruderalis Skunk, Jack Flash and Skunk#1. I personally grew MI,CI,EP,HK and Super Skunk. My buddy did the rest including a second pack of Super Skunk. I was after the skunk. In 1999 I had a Super Skunk cut in Portland Oregon. It was a few years old when I got it so I'm unsure of the year of the seed lot. It was the shit. Smelled exactly like a fucking skunk sprayed. It was awesome. But a severe liability to grow illegally. I also had a cut of NL#5. My first cut in 1998. Given freely. Awesome herb. I currently have a cut of Jack Flash from 96/97. It's awesome.

When the dust settled there were no keepers. No Skunk, not The Skunk, not a skunk. I know Skunk. I cannot be bull shited about the skunk. The Jack Flash was influenced by the Flash but not at all the Flash. The MapleLeaf was rather uninteresting and uniformly so. Same with the Hindus. Perhaps these just are what they are. I do not have any direct experiences with these strains previously for reference. The Californian Indica had zero citrus qualities and is alleged to be derived from Orange Bud. The Early Pearl wasn't particularly early and was no pearl. My buddy that grew out the rest was similarly unimpressed and selected no keepers. Multiple growers and runs and no one wants to keep anything. That's sounds strange but is true.

I had great germination and the seeds were mature. The packaging was the most elaborate that I encountered on that trip or since then. The box was cool but the single seed dispenser design totally sucked. The bottom line for me was that at best one strain smelled slightly similar to its alleged namesake of twelve years previous selection. That was the Jack Flash and we still didn't find anything remotely on the level of my old cut. I will not contact them for help or new genetics. What could they possibly have to offer me? Condolences perhaps? I will keep my old cuts and use those genetics for my own selections. They are truthful and do not misrepresent themselves.

Obviously different parental plants are being used. No need to speculate, the proof is in the pudding. Equally apparent is the fact that these one time F1 hybrids are now F? line bred whatever you wanna market it as. They can only be as good as the selective pressures applied to each successive generation will allow. I believe somewhere along the line(pun not intended) or lines the ideal became skewed. Selection distorted and elusive traits were not inherited. The Skunk has left the building, the Flash has fizzled. At least at Sensi Seeds. I'm not saying that's true for everyone but in my experience it is. Maybe my standards are too high? Most of the stuff I picked up was lackluster. Marketing hype seems to be all one needs to sell seed in Amsterdam. Fool me once.....
Old 11-29-2013, 09:10 AM

in amsterdam 2001, jack flash was deffo the best herb i smoked there by far! went back 2012 and the JF was shit

same with the superskunk and white widow. smoked them in FL around 1999 and was some of the most amazing smoke id ever seen or tried!
recent trip to holland and none of those funky plants to be found

Old 03-15-2014, 03:54 AM

Default Where's Cabby

First off hello everyone I'm a old school overgrow member that's only posted on 1or2 forums a few times since they we're shut down, that's where I met cabby and true to his words he sent me some of the best genetics I've ever grown out my favorite was a northern light x big bud that grown in a sea of green looked like soda bottles and a snap to trim, any way I must add in 2000 I was growing afghan#1 from sensi it was a 7 week strain that was amazing inside and out well I lost my momma after 4 years and didn't give it another go for several years because I was growing SOL's sweet tooth along with LEgends ultimate indica
2 years ago I ordered another pack of afghan#1 (sensi) and it was total crap tall lanky thin leaves pale green nothing like previously first batch 7 week dark green leaves super fat leaves and big ass buds, well I thought sensi must have made a mistake so I order another pack these never had 2 of the same looking plants in the pack.
I wish I had seen all the reports about sensi prior to my lost but that's the biz it's been 14 years and I just now have genetics in my garden that will be compared to yesteryear.
Included in the garden are critical mass, lost coast OG,desert diesel, amhurst sour diesel, train wreck, green crack (not so sure on it yet), holy grail, critical hog, and last seedsman afghan #1 (waste of time they are cheap seed for a reason )
Wish me luck and if anyone can contact cabby have him drop me a message
Thanks it's good to belong again after so long
Formerly Hydro-mo