Mr. Nice Forums  
Home History Strains Media Web Community Medical Marijuana Contact us Auctions

Go Back   MNS Forums > Medicinal plants > 9. Patients forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-20-2010, 09:18 PM

Default My issues

Hello All,

I am starting this thread to fill in my friends, and the MNS community of my medical issues. I will do my best to keep updated, but have not been feeling too great lately. Also I would hope that anyone else might see a post, and it applies to them somehow. I hope that they'd use the info to help them. Ask questions, or what they feel is neccessary. So in a sense not just to keep my friends updated, but I hope this thread will also provide information to peaople with issues similar to mine. Also too anything not related. I just hope it helps.

First off here is a great source of information for people with spinal issues...

http://www.spine-health.com

Now for my issues. I have some relativly minor issues in my c-spine area. Some compression on several levels. It causes some headaches, but that is it. The main damage is in my L-spine. A few months ago I had a fusion done on the lumbar area. I expected it to degrade as I have some serious issues with degenerative discs in my back. This affects just about my whole spine. So as I thought I may have surgery again, but not for a few years. Well that timeframe advanced itself greatly as I will be having another fusion surgery. See the Dr admitted to me that the level above the fusion degraded too quickly, and it was because of the previous fusion. Well the bad part about this all is. The level above what they will operate on now. This was the bad one a few months ago, and expected to degrade. So I am thinking if this happened this quick with the one above. Well when I have the surgery how long for the next one to go? Considering it is in worse shape until the surgery degraded that area. That along with some stenosis, and arthritic issues is the gist of my physical health issues.

Now some of my friends, and others know the following also. I was relativly upbeat about my first surgery helping out. Lately though I have been in the dumps. I just feel like I'm not going to get better, and it is only going to get worse. I hope it does work, but the way it is going. I feel like I'll end up on disability. Which I would rather not. I can't stand being lazy, but whenever I try something like work, or physical play with my kids. I get physically sick, and can't hack it. Have to rest etc...I go to work, and it take me multiple days to recover where I feel half-assed ready to go back. In other words I've been calling in a couple days a week. I am afraid I'll lose my job as a result. My bosses know of my health, and are so far accepting. yet I feel how long will they.

Also I have been on opiate based pain meds for the better part of six months plus. No end in sight to that, and I am worried for obvious reasons when it comes time to get off them. That I won't be able to. Let alone will I be pain free enough to do so.

Lastly I don't like to seem like I am complaining, but I feel I am. I've kept this in for so long. My close friends here know I don't bitch about it until it gets too much to bear. It has been past that point for sometime. I don't want to be treated different, because of this. Yet I feel some of those I know are doing so. There is just alot going on in my head. So I feel sometimes the need to unload it. Thanks for those to listening.

So for anyone who needs help. Ask away...Post a link if you can, and give advice freely. I have had so many offers of help from many kind MNS memebers. That I hope in some way. That this thread will help someone with any info, or kind words. Again thank you...Ns

P.S. I am sure there will be more as I think about it. Again thank you mns community, and all...Ns

"How would you like to feel like a mushroom?"
Kept in the dark, and fed Shit all day?

The past no longer dictates me to the future. Everyday is a new day, and what is made of it is my choice.

Last edited by noshow; 07-20-2010 at 09:25 PM. Reason: fix errors, and add info
Old 07-29-2010, 03:21 AM

Default Hi again

Hi All,

Time is getting close. Less than a week, and I'm getting quite nervous. Have not so good feelings. Just down thinking that the first surgery caused more issues than it helped. I am sure I'll be fine, but still a bundle of nerves. All I ask is for my friends, and mns brothers, and sisters keep me in their thoughts as well as prayers. Also for a good friend from here who I haven't seen in awhile. I am worried for him also. Thank you mns..Ns

The past no longer dictates me to the future. Everyday is a new day, and what is made of it is my choice.
Old 07-29-2010, 04:25 AM
Banned

ask your doc about total disk replacement not the old method of fusion work that ends up worse off sometime later

best wishes to ya whatever route it takes
Old 07-29-2010, 03:01 PM

Default Hi Bob

Thank you for your reply, and idea. My surgery is schedualed for Aug 4th. A couple weeks back during my appointment with him. I asked basically the same type of question. What are my other options as far as surgery goes. He mentioned something about not being able to just do a disc replacemnt or something like that the level above, or below a fusion. That in that case you had to go thru with another fusion. It made sense to me. Yet to know my exact issues. It is not just the DDD.

Here it is again short version. Thruout the whole spine is DDD. Less than 6 disc total affected. The ones that are mod/sev. No little bit of DDD. C-spine several levels compression. No herniations. L-spine all herniated.

Now the one that they are fusing now. Is the level above the previous one. It has issues that go beyond the disc troubles. Arthiritic, stenosis etc. So I feel that the Dr came to a conclusion based on that. Now he actually wanted me to wait a couple weeks to see if it would get any better, but it hadn't been. It had been getting worse. I am a little scared, but I want the chance at some part of a normal life. I know I won't be 100% pain free ever, but I feel for others who go thru chronic pain issues. Any other ideas?, or suggestions? Maybe he is wrong, and you can do something different than a fusion the levels around. If so can you point me in the direction of some evidence to this fact? Thanks all...Ns

Old 07-30-2010, 01:13 AM

Hi there my friend in pain..

First of all,i've been a member of the Swedish spine support group for many years,talked first hand with the so called spine experts in Sweden/Scandinavia,and supporting our members both before and after surgery or other treatments.
I myself have had a surgery on my L4 dics,herniated and the doctor removed some tissue and stich me up..all done in less then 1 hour.Everything fine for 1 year,then relaps same level plus a bulge(spelling??)disc L5 and S1.He said to me that the only thing that might help me with my Lower backpain/legpain would be a fusion between S1 -L3.
That's a surgery that takes between 6-8 hours,and the result after 5 years not better than 30-40 % still feel that it helped them,the other 80-70 % back pretty much where they began..same like you my friend...NOT GOOD RESULT AT ALL.
I sat down and took what i think was a well-considered personal decision,NO GO not with that kind of bad odds...and remember it can go wrong and you end up EVEN WORSE..

Another thing i can't understand is this:If you just had your surgery done a couple of month ago..how the heck can your doc suggest another one already when facts is that it takes everything from 6 month to 18 month to fully recup after the one you just had.You better double and tripplecheck what the heck really went wrong with the first fusion..maybe the doctor is trying to cover his own tracks..or maybe i'm totally wrong.
But my advise would be:No moore fusions wait atleast 6 moth moore and do whatever you can/it takes to stay away from another fusion so close to the first one.I't not easy but contact rehab clinics whith a SOLID trackrecord and try to go that rute FIRST.

And ask the doc what he think HONESTLY your chances are procentwice after say 5 years..if you do a second fusion..you getting better.

The're a lot of people,members of The Swedish Support Group who are hooked BADLY on painkillers AND sleepingpills,another war to fight..not good.I've choosen another route..meditation,streching,recumbent cycling,Jesus Christ,and i've given up my hard work as a managing director of a small bakery.Kicked the stressfactor in the butt,which helped alot..and now moved to another country were i can try and enyoye my small disability pension.

YOU have to sit down and think really hard what YOU want out of life,maybe even considering workchange /reeducation WHATEVER IT TAKES ...STOP,THINK and ACT...

You are in my prayers my dear friend,take care now and wish you all the best in whatever route you choose to take.

Do everything in moderation,even moderation.God bless...//BLB51

Choose Positive
People,places,events just "are".
They have no meaning until YOU give them meaning.
You choose how to react to it and what it will mean to you.
Good,bad,beautiful,ugly,indiffrent.You choose.
Why choose negative when you can just as easily choose posistive?

Last edited by BadLowerBack51; 07-30-2010 at 02:40 AM.
Old 07-30-2010, 04:51 AM

Default Hi BLB

Hi friend(BLB51),

The procedure you mention you first had sounds like a microdisectomy. Maybe spelled wrong. The long surgery you had mentioned is similar to mine. It took between 2 to 2.5 hours to complete. If yo9u add the other one soon. Almost five hours total, and if I do have the third. It is right around the time frame they mentioned for the big one your talking about.

Funny you mention to check the DR. A friend here said pretty much the same thing. That maybe the Dr messed up. I am really confused right now. I can see some of what you say to be true, but I feel cloudy in my mind. I am sure the drugs, and everythiung else. It is not just my physical health I feel failing, but I have been having quite a few mental challenges. Just alot of drama in my life I could do without. That adds to the troubles I am sure.

BTW before I forget is there any link to the information online where you say I should not even be having another fusion surgery before six months, or year, and a half? I would like to read that as soon as I could.

I was also told by a few people that I may have tried to go to work to early. So that may have done some damage also. Went back to work as Dr said no restrictions etc...So I feel that had alot to do with it. I am also under the belief that possibly Dr made a mistake.

I owuld like to try some of what you mention, and will. If the surgery goes well. I will do better to get back into shape by walking, and I will try strecthing as my body will allow. I am honestly right now confused as to what to do. We will see, but if you could get me that link to the information I requested. I would be greatly appreciative...BTW here is a link for you. Let me know what you think of it, and the info it provides...Ns

P.S. Here is that link..

http://www.spine-health.com

Old 07-30-2010, 09:43 AM

Hi there noshow...!!

-Yes that's correct..moore to read about that here:
http://www.spine-health.com/treatmen...ry-risks-compl

ications-and-success-rates..

I got my relaps after 1 year,was doing good in rehab and everything looked okey.Then one day

just getting up from bed..BANG..relaps.

Sorry but the link you're lokking for does NOT excist,but i've been in the meeting with the

doctor himself and HE told me about this..he even pulled out a drawer and said this

diskreplacment is the new thing to test out for now,he also said that the fusioncage thing

that he was using didn't work any moore...reason was to may had relapses after 1-5

years...it's those cages that you fill with bonegraft from usually you hip area i'm talking

about...

And i think you were way to fast back to work,and honestly,did you do alot of rehab or you

skipped it ?...Only you know your body,not the doc or anyone else,only you my friend.

I just say this:If you don't feel comfortable with the doc's decission,don't do it.Try

everything else but in my eyes,for the moment atleast,NO MOORE OPERATIONS...I know you have

a gut feeling there somewere,listen to it ,follow it...

*Workchange..dietchanges..get a personal trainer that can help you,someone that understands

you and you "click with"..sit down and spill EVERYTHING out for your boss..see if he might

have some insight on what route to try/take..You have everything to win and nothing

(REALLY)to loose..Babystepping i guess is a new word you have to try and implement into your

life towards better health..

That's it for Doctor BLB51 today..Take care now, my family says hello too and hope that

you find a way to tackle this problem(s)...

Do everything in moderation,even moderation.God bless...//BLB51

Choose Positive
People,places,events just "are".
They have no meaning until YOU give them meaning.
You choose how to react to it and what it will mean to you.
Good,bad,beautiful,ugly,indiffrent.You choose.
Why choose negative when you can just as easily choose posistive?
Old 07-30-2010, 02:22 PM

Default Hi again

Hi friend,

I hope your doing well. I am still unsure as to what I will do at this point, but do have a question. How can I go about finding out if the Dr messed up?, or it was just my body?

I am greatful to the kind words of you, and your family. I wish you all well, and great times. Would you please return the favor for me, and tell them so. Have a great day, and Thank You!!!

Unfortunatly right now. I'm not feeling all too well. So I will be back as soon as I can. Have a great day...Ns

Old 07-30-2010, 09:27 PM

Default Advise if you want it?

Noshow... Hello! I have put together a thread on MNS by the title of { PAIN MANAGEMENT SOLUTIONS} I am actually a medical professional and if I can help you? PM me, If I am needed. peace, resinbud
Old 07-30-2010, 10:05 PM

Default another link

Hi All,

Another link here I found. I have to credit badlowerback51 for it. Thanks friend....

http://www.spineuniverse.com

Another great site with good information..Ns