Mr. Nice Forums  
Home History Strains Media Web Community Medical Marijuana Contact us Auctions

Go Back   MNS Forums > Medicinal plants > 9. Patients forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-21-2010, 07:01 AM

How disappointing. I had "high" hopes (pun intended) that his gear would be pretty damn good. I'm really glad I saw this. Sorry to others who have lost money on this guy. Someone said something about him bad-mouthing Rez. That doesn't affect me much since Rez is the king of bad mouthing others.

Peace,
PD
A Fairy tale start's with "Once upon a time" and a
fishing tale start's with "This is no bullshit!"
Capt. Phil Harris
Old 09-04-2010, 05:25 AM

Default Garbage In Garbage Out

I got a call last friday from a friend who bought MANY of The Cali Connections strains. He said he popped a bunch of seeds from Swerve and his flowering room was FULL of seeded plants now. He spent almost 1000$ on seed packs and was calling me to see if I wanted the seedlings he just popped. He wanted nothing to do with them, I did not need to run them to know I did not want them, I usually run something 3 times before I say its crap. Imagine that. Feminized varieties leading to seeded bud. Hmmmmmm. Swerve wanted my West Coast Dawg. He didn't get it. Dick. Heh.
Old 10-07-2010, 07:10 PM

Yeah, I saw those guys at the Med Cup in Cali. I didn't like their vibe and now I know why. Thanks for the heads-up guys, I didn't know that about their stuff.
Old 10-09-2010, 05:47 PM

it's sad when things go south like this and it is the fault of the breeder; too anxious to get the latest and greatest on the market so proper beta testing is omitted. another recent post is ograskal is officially out of the seed biz and growing for med patients instead. peace-biteme
Old 10-10-2010, 08:52 PM

biteme "it's sad when things go south like this and it is the fault of the breeder; too anxious to get the latest and greatest on the market so proper beta testing is omitted."

Another overnight internet wonder breeder ends his career, imagine that. ("Taps" plays in background.)

biteme - "another recent post is ograskal is officially out of the seed biz and growing for med patients instead. peace-biteme."

I guess ograskal feels it will be easier to take advantage of sick people.

Glad To See His Career Going As Well
As It Should,

KB

PS Ograskal if you are reading this...STAY AWAY from med patients, unless they call you to deliver a pizza. That would be ok but keep your seeds in your pants, know what I mean?
Old 10-11-2010, 02:45 AM

the sad thing is that at one time they probably had something going for themselves? then it seemed like about every other month there was some new cross not really that different from hybs they were already working on, they chose an outlet where the owner was questionable and now one half of the dynamic duo splits? peace-biteme
Old 10-11-2010, 02:52 AM
british_hempire

Ograskal always seemed an okay guy to me. I know that the reason he got into selling seeds was the mortgage crisis in the US a couple of years ago. His family stood to lose their house due to massive mortgage replayments so he had to find some extra income and did so through seed sales. I've no idea what his genes were like, never grew any personally. One thing everyone need to consider when assessing raskal and swerve is that your view of them may be clouded by the fact that their seed sales were through thcfarmer and the guy that runs that site is a young kid with some severe personality disorders who has done a load of shady shit and treats people very badly. Some of what people are blaming on raskal and swerve may actually be that kid's fault.
Old 10-11-2010, 08:41 AM

Agreed logic is a tool. When I posted some thing he didnt like he tried to infect my pc.

I tired to have this discussion the other day on a different site about flavour of the month breeders.

Too many guys are creating new seed banks that only sell flavour of the month gear. Where no real work has been put into the breeding programs it’s just a race to get as much$$$$ as they can while the name is still hot. If they are stable & produce good plants then fine but too many don’t & that’s the problem. Then when some one speaks up about it you end up with the idiot brigade & fan boy clubs giving it the internet gangster.

No body seems interested in bringing some land race genes back into a gene pool that is getting totally stale as it’s all about crossing hype to hype at the moment. Those with the foresight to see what’s coming in the near future will do some thing about it while those who champion the “I don’t care I’m getting great plants path” will look back with hindsight & realise that those people we called names & derided were right.

Last edited by blueboy1875; 10-11-2010 at 09:29 AM.
Old 10-11-2010, 12:21 PM
british_hempire

Oh yeah, logic is lower than a snake's belly in my book, if only you knew the half of it. He has upset just about everyone in the seed biz.

When I sold seeds my whole raison d'etre was to introduce something different, not saying I achieved that but I did what I could. There is a lot of work involved in finding good landrace breeding stock and any profit is a long way from the beginning of any project using such genes. Those who want the profit fast and easy will take shortcuts by using other people's work and famous named cuttings to make seeds without putting in all the hard work and time, that is never a good thing imho.

I've had my fair share of battles with the idiots and fan boys, these days I am much more thick skinned and able to rise above such crap but I am the first to admit the last couple of years I've not been my usual affable self in the online world as I let all the negativity and hate get to me and make me much more abrasvie and quick to anger than I want to be.

To be honest, I wish I'd never sold a single seed and had given all of them away to people who would put them to good use, but this isn't about me and there is a constant stream of guys who want to be the nezt Rezdog or Subcool, many if not all of them have some big ego issues.
Old 10-11-2010, 01:07 PM

I dont let it get to me I reply in a polite adult manner, but will no longer add to thread. I used to years ago but whats the point.

This is the sad thing loads of great growers & breeders wont come on line any more due the internet giving a voice to people who have just found out how to use their newly found thumb.