Mr. Nice Forums  
Home History Strains Media Web Community Medical Marijuana Contact us Auctions

Go Back   MNS Forums > Medicinal plants > 9. Patients forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-22-2010, 12:26 AM

Default Tincture for MS

Have made several rounds of tincture (double boiler method with pure grain) for wife with MS. She takes it in small doses (drops) in her tea. It is indeed helping her spasms however she complains of fatigue more than she already has) and a bit of lethargy. If I used a sativa dominant strain would the up effects translate into the tincture or does the tincture process render the effects somewhat neutral or couchlock like baked goods? What methods/strains would any of you gifted med users suggest for tinctures. Kind regards.
Old 04-25-2010, 07:14 AM

What strain is in the tincture now? Using a more sativa plant should translate to less couchlock, but as a general rule most tincture strains have more body stone than when smoked.
Old 04-25-2010, 04:02 PM
Chana Masala

Default Marijuana is so much about personal preference then anything...

Quote:
Originally Posted by alegoblin View Post
Have made several rounds of tincture (double boiler method with pure grain) for wife with MS. She takes it in small doses (drops) in her tea. It is indeed helping her spasms however she complains of fatigue more than she already has) and a bit of lethargy. If I used a sativa dominant strain would the up effects translate into the tincture or does the tincture process render the effects somewhat neutral or couchlock like baked goods? What methods/strains would any of you gifted med users suggest for tinctures. Kind regards.
Hello,

How can we get your wife feeling more energetic. Well I guess like you suggested trying a sativa dom should really do the trick. But maybe it is the delivery method.

Would the mrs's considering vaporizing or smoking? That would be the best way imo, but I gather she is not a smoker or interested in trying.

Another idea could be creating canna caps, but I am sure it would probably be the same result as your tincture. The nice thing with the caps is that one can play with dosage easier until finding the perfect strain and amount per pill.

How about drinking the drops in a real strong cup of espresso until a sativa dom is ready for process and ingestion.

I wish I could help more but I just figure the best way would be to change strain and/or delivery method. I know what it is like to have non-smokers, smoke to medicate, it can be a tricky dilemma.

Best of health to your family,

Chana
Old 04-25-2010, 06:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HHHG View Post
What strain is in the tincture now? Using a more sativa plant should translate to less couchlock, but as a general rule most tincture strains have more body stone than when smoked.
Strain currently using is a Cinderella x Deep chunk. Yes agreed on the sativa dom. However I think I lose CBD rates in that regard. I will be popping some Shanti gear soon am leaning toward the Afhie Haze and maybe the Master Kase what you think. I read some grow threads on the Kase that definitely showed an uptown pheno. I will probably go with the vape when I can afford it. Running out of time I fear a lot of depression. I appreciate your reply.
Kindest regards. Ale

Last edited by alegoblin; 04-25-2010 at 06:55 PM.
Old 04-25-2010, 06:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chana Masala View Post
Hello,

How can we get your wife feeling more energetic. Well I guess like you suggested trying a sativa dom should really do the trick. But maybe it is the delivery method.

Would the mrs's considering vaporizing or smoking? That would be the best way imo, but I gather she is not a smoker or interested in trying.

Another idea could be creating canna caps, but I am sure it would probably be the same result as your tincture. The nice thing with the caps is that one can play with dosage easier until finding the perfect strain and amount per pill.

How about drinking the drops in a real strong cup of espresso until a sativa dom is ready for process and ingestion.

I wish I could help more but I just figure the best way would be to change strain and/or delivery method. I know what it is like to have non-smokers, smoke to medicate, it can be a tricky dilemma.

Best of health to your family,

Chana
Thanks Chana I agree with all your thoughts. Have tried the caps with similar results. The espresso with drops seems valid will give that a try. The vape is the answer I think for long term. I fear the years and years of this damnation of a disease has really taken its toll. I would have capped myself in the head several years ago. Children make women fight like a badger. I appreciate your kind and wise words. Kindest regards. Ale.

Last edited by alegoblin; 04-25-2010 at 07:17 PM.
Old 04-25-2010, 10:39 PM
Chana Masala

Default A nice cup of joe in the morning...

My thoughts are with you brother...

You stay strong...

In my 32 years on this earth I only found coffee about 6 months ago. The wife bought an espresso machine. All I can say is why did it take me so long to find the coffee bean. A double shot of espresso with a doubie in hand is one of the best parts of my day...god please coffee farmers...

As for the badgers... LMAO! I have two girls and my 4 year old already beats me in debates. Figures right!

Take care Ale!

Chana

Last edited by Chana Masala; 04-25-2010 at 10:41 PM.
Old 04-25-2010, 10:46 PM
Chana Masala

Quote:
Strain currently using is a Cinderella x Deep chunk. Yes agreed on the sativa dom. However I think I lose CBD rates in that regard. I will be popping some Shanti gear soon am leaning toward the Afhie Haze and maybe the Master Kase what you think. I read some grow threads on the Kase that definitely showed an uptown pheno. I will probably go with the vape when I can afford it. Running out of time I fear a lot of depression. I appreciate your reply.
Kindest regards. Ale
One last thought brother... I have a friend who has extreme seizures. He loves the Master Kush cutt I have and swears by it. The plant already is not a huge crystal/thc producer put its strong with CBD effects (i have never had tested but you can tell by smoking).

With the CindyxDC harvest a little a few weeks before at its peak and make a tincture. It should be higher in CBD for sure.

Another penny for your thought,

Chana
Old 04-26-2010, 01:53 AM

Thanks Chana,
I am also a coffee fiend. LOL.
Yes I think the industry begins to realize many med patients do not want to (or can not) get stoned so we see promising research into elevated CBD strains. It is a remarkable plant so much more to understand. I personally enjoy Ganja for all its wonderful effects. What breeder is the Master Kush from ? Do you think a strong haze tincture could be blended with a high CBD strain tincture? Would the Haze have an up effect in tincture form? Ale.
Old 04-26-2010, 03:56 AM
Chana Masala

Quote:
Thanks Chana,
I am also a coffee fiend. LOL.
Yes I think the industry begins to realize many med patients do not want to (or can not) get stoned so we see promising research into elevated CBD strains. It is a remarkable plant so much more to understand. I personally enjoy Ganja for all its wonderful effects. What breeder is the Master Kush from ? Do you think a strong haze tincture could be blended with a high CBD strain tincture? Would the Haze have an up effect in tincture form? Ale.
Ale you know your p's and q's my man. How long you been growing?

This is debatable with regard to higher cbd. From my personal experience I believe the active ingredient cbd is better activated through flame and/or heat i.e. (along with strain selection) smoking or vaping would be the best for immediate effect. I also find that my MK is a great daily smoker, as it doesnt knock you out or make you get sluggish. You can smoke 4 or 5 joints a day of it, instead 1 or 2 pulls of some killer smoke.

Maybe somebody could chime in, but I am not sure if tincture or caps high in cbd would be felt like it would smoking it.

I would love to see what you find out though as I am sure it could help my friend with epilepsy. I have given him better tasting bud, higher thc content, even hash,and MK is all he wants. Go figure, but if that is what he likes and it works I keep growing it.

Honestly, I am not sure where the origin of the cutt is from. My understanding is that it was a biker cutt from the early 90's. Shanti's Master Kaze does sound like the one though. I put in a seed order so lets see what I can get. Love hash smoke and indica dom personally.

As for the Sativa dom being felt more positive and energetic in a tincture, I believe the difference will be difficult to tell. Eating mary tends to have the same effect on me regardless of the strain. But this is just me. So added your wifes personal pallet and pain receptors, I am sure it will have a different impact.

I can only really differentiate a more sativa soaring high vs. indica stone by rolling a 1 paper of each and testing that way. Again, this is me.

Not to say a sativa dom wont make a better tincture for your wife but the body effect is really what is had and the side effects tend to be similar across the board regardless of strain. I,e, getting the munchies, eating something and then getting higher because of earlier ingesting mary. As for feeling more couch locked or mellow, I think it is just a natural side effect to our herb. I guess a smaller sacrifice for some natural pain relief.

I once took some marinol (synthetic canna pills) and it did nothing for me. But I do not suffer from pain or have a dibilating disease. So for me, eating synthetic marijuana which is just pretend thc it did nothing to make me high. Now if I had a pain I wonder if the effects would of been felt.

[EDIT: Why not grow a sativa dom high in THC and harvest two weeks or more from maturity. Then see what happens = CBD? Maybe, but with the upper???]

Peace,

Chana

Last edited by Chana Masala; 04-26-2010 at 04:02 AM.
Old 04-26-2010, 04:26 AM
Chana Masala

Ale,

I pulled this from MNS link to medical resources. It is from the International Association for Cannabinoid Medicines and the article touches on ingesting synthetic forms of marijuana and people who are looking for the effects but maybe not the psychoactive properties thereto.

"On the future of cannabis as medicine"
Lester Grinspoon
Harvard Medical School, Wellesley, Massachusetts, USA

http://www.acmed.org/data/pdf/en_2007_02_2.pdf

Chana