Mr. Nice Forums  
Home History Strains Media Web Community Medical Marijuana Contact us Auctions

Go Back   MNS Forums > Medicinal plants > 9. Patients forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-26-2010, 05:17 AM

It's difficult to know how a particular strain will translate to tincture/edibles.

A 50/50 hybrid may work for what you seek. Only one way to know...
Old 04-27-2010, 01:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chana Masala View Post
Ale you know your p's and q's my man. How long you been growing?

This is debatable with regard to higher cbd. From my personal experience I believe the active ingredient cbd is better activated through flame and/or heat i.e. (along with strain selection) smoking or vaping would be the best for immediate effect. I also find that my MK is a great daily smoker, as it doesnt knock you out or make you get sluggish. You can smoke 4 or 5 joints a day of it, instead 1 or 2 pulls of some killer smoke.

Maybe somebody could chime in, but I am not sure if tincture or caps high in cbd would be felt like it would smoking it.

I would love to see what you find out though as I am sure it could help my friend with epilepsy. I have given him better tasting bud, higher thc content, even hash,and MK is all he wants. Go figure, but if that is what he likes and it works I keep growing it.

As for the Sativa dom being felt more positive and energetic in a tincture, I believe the difference will be difficult to tell. Eating mary tends to have the same effect on me regardless of the strain. But this is just me. So added your wifes personal pallet and pain receptors, I am sure it will have a different impact.

I can only really differentiate a more sativa soaring high vs. indica stone by rolling a 1 paper of each and testing that way. Again, this is me.

Not to say a sativa dom wont make a better tincture for your wife but the body effect is really what is had and the side effects tend to be similar across the board regardless of strain. I,e, getting the munchies, eating something and then getting higher because of earlier ingesting mary. As for feeling more couch locked or mellow, I think it is just a natural side effect to our herb. I guess a smaller sacrifice for some natural pain relief.

[EDIT: Why not grow a sativa dom high in THC and harvest two weeks or more from maturity. Then see what happens = CBD? Maybe, but with the upper???]

Peace,

Chana
I think what I am going to have to do is get a vape. I think you are correct in that burning is required for the full spectrum of thc and cannabinoids to assimilate. I will also try the early harvest maybe half milky tricomes half clear on some sativa doms. I am a completely legal caregiver for some folks and have been growing legitimately for a tad over three years. Been on IC Mag for several years and there are lots of nice folks over there but its getting to busy. I like this forum its a bit more quiet. I wish I had known about Shanti 3-4 years ago would have saved me some money and heartburn.LOL. Hes a different sort of cat than most of the breeders and such. Seems to have a big heart and gets right back with you personally with questions/orders and such. I think I have found a new home.I got several MN strains in my jars now and a few more on the way. Anxious to get popping on a few. You are welcome to PM me Chana. I enjoy your banter and ganja advice. Ale.
Old 04-27-2010, 01:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HHHG View Post
It's difficult to know how a particular strain will translate to tincture/edibles.

A 50/50 hybrid may work for what you seek. Only one way to know...
Agreed HHHG. I have a lot of different stuff going on so I guess the stove top will be busy. I have a lot to learn about some methods of delivery .Thanks for getting back to me. Ale
Old 04-27-2010, 05:19 AM

Good luck with your search and I think you'll like the vaporizer
Old 04-28-2010, 03:19 AM

HHHG Can you recommend something that is a bit less expensive than a volcano?
Old 04-28-2010, 06:32 AM

I'm very happy with the Vapor Brothers I've been using for over a year. If you go with that model make sure you get the hands-free whip.
http://www.vaporwarehouse.com/vaporb...vaporizer.html
Old 04-28-2010, 05:42 PM

Thanks a lot HHHG. Very nice site.
Old 04-29-2010, 11:53 PM
Administrator

Hi All

well following the logic of harvesting an indica early to achieve a fast flowering stoning plant earlier than later may have all that you mentioned...and yes you could get an extra crop per year if you work it all out...but finding the indica that fits the bill will take a little selection....have you tried what you are talking about?
ALL THE BEST SB