Mr. Nice Forums  
Home History Strains Media Web Community Medical Marijuana Contact us Auctions

Go Back   MNS Forums > Medicinal plants > 9. Patients forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-08-2010, 06:52 AM

Lightbulb Reasons why you should vaporize...

Vaporizing cannabis is a much healthier way to medicate than smoking. If you are a frequent smoker and find yourself getting headaches, clearing your throat or coughing much, there is a chance that toking is to blame.

When you light up and smoke sweet Mary Jane, she doesn’t just medicate you, her smoke also contains carginogens.

Vaporizers work by heating the herb to a temperature that releases the cannabinoids (i.e. THC) from the herb in vapor form that you inhale, but doesn’t ignite the actual herb, so that virtually eliminates the carcinogen risk.

I switched to vaporizing a couple years ago and noticed the difference overnight. The next day I didn’t have any congestion or sinus drainage, and over time I noticed other effects like having less headaches. The high/stone from vapor is cleaner and clearer, which can provide a better experience.

You never know how bad butane tastes and burns your throat/lungs until you switch from pipe to vape. I've never had a coughing-attack from vapping like I have from pipes.

Also, vapor contains many wonderful flavors that are not detectable when smoking.

Finally, vaporizers use a fraction of the amount of herb that pipes/joints do.

Of course if you also smoke cigarettes then vaporizing isn’t going to make much difference to your health, but every healthy thing you do is a change for the better.

Last edited by HHHG; 03-12-2010 at 09:33 AM.
Old 03-08-2010, 06:52 PM
EnglishSpringerSpaniel

To add to HHHG's post:

- You use your weed more efficiently. In a bowl, 1/3 of a gram MIGHT get four people a 'green hit' if everyone is very careful. 1/3 of a gram in my vaporizer can make two full Reynolds turkey bags, each of which is good for 10-12 humungous drags.

- Every hit is a 'green hit'. By this, I mean that every drag from the vapor bag tastes the same...awesome I'm sure we've all had the experience of being in a group of 5 people smoking, and by the time the bowl makes it to person #5, all that's left is ash and, if you're lucky, a tiny bit of mostly-charred bud to burn.

- The 'feel better' factor from eliminating smoking is sort of like a snowball effect...after a week, I felt like my throat wasn't constricted like I always felt it had been during my HEAVY smoking days. After a month, I felt like my lungs' capacity had increased threefold. Five years after having first purchased my vaporizer, I can't imagine smoking weed ever again. In fact, there have been a few awkward occasions with old friends where I had to turn down good weed because they were throwing it in a blunt or a bowl, but that has been an easy decision when it has come up. Also I travel with my Volcano a decent amount nowadays so it doesn't come up as much as it used to

ESS

Last edited by EnglishSpringerSpaniel; 03-08-2010 at 06:55 PM. Reason: forgot i put unnecessary asterisks in at the start :)
Old 03-09-2010, 12:15 AM

i smoke cigs and notice that when i use the vaporizer its much harder to smoke a cig cuz you realize how rough they are on the throat. I got to used to the vaporizer experience using it all the time and last month broke down and start smoking the cannabis again...i like vaporizing more during the day as the effect is less narcotic. at night i usually smoke my cannabis as its more narcotic for sleep reasons. honestly i think if most ppl had the time to get use to a vaporizer, they require a lil experience to find just the right setting. but once one gets well aquainted with their vaporizer can achieve unbelievable results. 2-3 drags on a good vaporizer is like smoking a full joint as the effects seem amplified a bit and more heady in my experience

Card carrying medical marijuana patient...any and all cannabis is for PERSONAL medical use!
Old 03-09-2010, 02:01 PM

Lightbulb The Volcano-Vaporiser Link ?

Anyone Got A Link To That Vaporizer 101 Thread ( Medical Forum )
Next To Eating Cannabis , Using a Vapourizer Is The Best Method Of Delivery Of THC.
It Is Also More Efficient Than A Joint ( Or Microphone As Some Smart Person Pointed Out )
I Remember Buying The Original Vapourizer In It's Native Hometown ; Coombs , Vancouver Island
Sure Come A Long Way Since Then With The Volcano , And Even Better Verdamper
JKP
Old 03-09-2010, 11:14 PM

I love vaping bud but for some reason its still as harsh to me as smoking a blunt....mayb because i'm used to smoking blunts daily but wen i vape i get alota heat in my throat n dryness that leads to coughing

Whats the best vaping heat? i don't own a vape so mayb the people i smoke wit have the heat to high

Also i agree that vaping definantly has a clearer high i'm not to sure y but most buds feel like sativas in the vape to me...but the highs don't seem to last as long although theres been times wer 1 vape bowls got me kickin for quite awile

Real People....don't beat around the bush.....we roll the bush up in a blunt n smoke it

Last edited by BudBo; 03-09-2010 at 11:16 PM.
Old 03-10-2010, 04:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BudBo View Post
Whats the best vaping heat?
I use a Vaporbrothers and start at 50% and increase up to 75%
Old 03-10-2010, 11:40 AM

Question Why Ruin Your Lungs When There Is An Alternative ?

Thats The Link
We Have A Great Vapouriser Link Already Pasted Up That I Mentioned Of The Soft Secrets Issue#6 -2009
@ 165 Degrees You Should Not Be Experiencing Any Harsh Taste
Remember It Is Suggested By Volcano To Take Half The Normal Hit You'd Take On A Joint And Hold In A Few Seconds Before Slowly Exhaling.
Vapourisers Don't Offer The Same Instant Gratification As A Joint And Are Therefore Put To One Side In Favour Of The Old Carcinogenic Way Of Intake ; Smoke.
If Only Folk Would Take The Time To Master The Proper Use Of A Vapouriser They Would Not Only Have Healthier Lungs , But Also A Healthier Stash Due To The Smaller Amount Used.
I Can Only Use A Vapouriser At Lower Temperatures And In 10-15 Minutes I'm Cooked.
Much Quicker Than The 45 Mins-2 Hours It Takes Effect After Eating It ( But You Stay High For Several Hours )
Cannabrex Is A System I Used To Try, But Making Your Own With Grape seed Oil Is Much Cheaper http://www.cannabrex.com

We Also Have A Excellent Thread On The Cleaning And Servicing Of Volcanos That Is A Great Help And Maybe The Harshness Experienced Is Due To A Dirty Bag ?

Don't Ever Take Your Health For Granted !!
And For Heavens Sake Steer Clear Of Tobbacco ( Tobacco Companies Raise And Lower Ammonia Content In Tobacco Dependant On Sales Figures ; The Ammonia Which Helps Deliver The Fix Of Nicotine In The Same Way Crack ( Or Freebase ) Does, Rapidly Reaching The Pleasure Receptors In The Brain And Ensuring Addiction
Has Anyone Read The Hash Eaters Or Studied The Original Coffeeshops Of Yesteryear ? Well After Napoleon And Co Came Back From One Of Their Battles Cannabis Was Very Popular In France And They Had " Tea Rooms " Painted In Blue With Paintings Of Naked Ladies .
Famous Artists , Poets And Writers Frequented These Tea Shops ( Prefering Them To The Opium Dens That Were Also In Operation At The Time ).
I'm Convinced Many A Fine Painting Or Book Was Created From The Inspiration Of Cannabis Intoxication.
JKP
Btw ; The Portable Verdamper ( By Horky) Also Has A Solar Powered Version For Picnics In The Deepwoods
Old 03-10-2010, 03:58 PM
Tieguanyin

Default some thoughts

l used a vap for years as was a real advocate but like most things all the positives are not set in stone, are debatable, personal or dependant on may variables.

I could go on for ages about various designs of vap (including some well known and fancy designs that are terrible) and the fact that only a few work really well for my style of medication (some may argue this or that design works fine for them & there is also some skill in operation but only a vap that can deliver very high concentration vapour really works for me - lung after lung after lung of a light steam does sod all for me thanks)

After years my vap broke and I started back on the bong - I tried various vaps but by the tie I found one that worked well again I had decided I actually kinda like bongs again - for better or worse

So I will just add some qualifiers based on my own experience;

Flavour;
The flavour from a vap (unburnt) will impress any smoker - it is a cloud of intense warm resin - I used to say you can see how burning ruins it although you can argue a smoker tastes things in a different way - however I am not totally convinced by the comment;

Also, vapor contains many wonderful flavors that are not detectable when smoking.

I am not saying this is wrong as such but actually in my experience delicious as a vap is, to some degree at least, a flavour leveller - ie intense tastebud-explodingly overbearingly resiny - this observation maybe less true at lower concentration I don't know

As to using a fraction of the dose - I would argue most vaps are not very effective - tho it is true that one can argue a concentrating effect (+/-dependant on many variables as ever) - since the vapour doesn't contain all the element that are a by product of combustion *** but a "fraction" maybe optimistic (tho of course 2/130 is a fraction)

When I inhaled off the vap I oft though since it was clean I could "hold on" to the resin more; all these variable make judgement harder. Basically I now smoke a bong because nothing else gives me a hit like it at the end of the day. It just hits differently. The buzz is maybe cleaner in a vap but somehow now I am back bonging it doesn't quite satisfy in the same way. I might cough up my charred bags at somepoint and regret it but there you go

And yes vapping gives you bad lungs - as a heavymed, I got on occasion, a very raw throat and cough, different (and yes maybe "healthier") to a smoking cough but problematic all the same; Let us remember it is not inconceivable vapping presents some unknown dangers and that landing molten resin on your little pinky lungs can't be good either.

This is not a criticism of the pro-vappers - I should probably use mine more - simply I feel the truth about anything is rather complicated and nuanced

*** always the best way to use B grade products
Old 03-11-2010, 09:32 AM
Tieguanyin

Default Models

What vaps are people running by the by? - many are know to be terrible, others like the volcano massively over hyped and not as good as cheaper units.
The computer-processor-driven-water-cooled Aromed is an absolute victory of over-cleverness over practical worth - very expensive, very fiddly, very uneffective - just a horrid horrid unit that looks like it came out of an Eastern block hospital circa 1975

I actually had great luck with the Aromazap - Cheap & very effective - alas I had problems with a later unit & the company were not very good at sorting the problem out (it never was - to my cost) so I am disinclined to recommend them despite liking the original unit

I currently run a VaporWarez which is pretty good tho I have to use the glass mouthpiece direct (ie without the hose) to get the vapor concentration I like

Last edited by Tieguanyin; 03-11-2010 at 09:35 AM. Reason: incorrect spelling
Old 03-11-2010, 11:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tieguanyin View Post
What vaps are people running by the by?
Vaporbrothers