Mr. Nice Forums  
Home History Strains Media Web Community Medical Marijuana Contact us Auctions

Go Back   MNS Forums > Medicinal plants > 9. Patients forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-11-2010, 12:04 PM

Lightbulb

Back @ The 2007 Expo A Test Was Conducted As To Which Vapouriser Was " The Best " Using SSH As The Test Strain We Tested The Volcano Digit Against The Vapir 2.1
The Vapir 2.1 Can Be Used Without A Bag And Is Smaller . ( I Actually Liked It More Than The New Volcano )
However , Being A " Volunteer " @ A Big Seed Vendors Enabled Me To Buy A Complete Volcano Digit And Easy Valve And A Host Of Extras For 200.00
A Couple Of Months Later I Was In The Dutch Passion Shop In Amsterdam And Saw The Old Volcano Advertised @ 400 Euro's
By Placing Aromatic Oils Next To My Volcano I Could Always Argue It Was Used For Aromatherapy If I Was Ever Questioned To It's Use
Something I Would Have A Hard Time Doing When Explaining A Bong
JKP
Attached Images
File Type: jpg PC080092.JPG (467.6 KB, 15 views)

Last edited by Joe King Park; 03-11-2010 at 12:07 PM. Reason: Date And Image
Old 03-11-2010, 05:02 PM
EnglishSpringerSpaniel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tieguanyin View Post
l used a vap for years as was a real advocate but like most things all the positives are not set in stone, are debatable, personal or dependant on may variables.

I could go on for ages about various designs of vap (including some well known and fancy designs that are terrible) and the fact that only a few work really well for my style of medication (some may argue this or that design works fine for them & there is also some skill in operation but only a vap that can deliver very high concentration vapour really works for me - lung after lung after lung of a light steam does sod all for me thanks)

After years my vap broke and I started back on the bong - I tried various vaps but by the tie I found one that worked well again I had decided I actually kinda like bongs again - for better or worse

So I will just add some qualifiers based on my own experience;

Flavour;
The flavour from a vap (unburnt) will impress any smoker - it is a cloud of intense warm resin - I used to say you can see how burning ruins it although you can argue a smoker tastes things in a different way - however I am not totally convinced by the comment;

Also, vapor contains many wonderful flavors that are not detectable when smoking.

I am not saying this is wrong as such but actually in my experience delicious as a vap is, to some degree at least, a flavour leveller - ie intense tastebud-explodingly overbearingly resiny - this observation maybe less true at lower concentration I don't know

As to using a fraction of the dose - I would argue most vaps are not very effective - tho it is true that one can argue a concentrating effect (+/-dependant on many variables as ever) - since the vapour doesn't contain all the element that are a by product of combustion *** but a "fraction" maybe optimistic (tho of course 2/130 is a fraction)

When I inhaled off the vap I oft though since it was clean I could "hold on" to the resin more; all these variable make judgement harder. Basically I now smoke a bong because nothing else gives me a hit like it at the end of the day. It just hits differently. The buzz is maybe cleaner in a vap but somehow now I am back bonging it doesn't quite satisfy in the same way. I might cough up my charred bags at somepoint and regret it but there you go

And yes vapping gives you bad lungs - as a heavymed, I got on occasion, a very raw throat and cough, different (and yes maybe "healthier") to a smoking cough but problematic all the same; Let us remember it is not inconceivable vapping presents some unknown dangers and that landing molten resin on your little pinky lungs can't be good either.

This is not a criticism of the pro-vappers - I should probably use mine more - simply I feel the truth about anything is rather complicated and nuanced

*** always the best way to use B grade products
I have to disagree with the 'vaping gives you bad lungs' conclusion based on personal experience. I am a several times a day-every day user and have been for several years and I have absolutely no raw throat. If you are vaping and consistently getting a raw throat, then it is either the type of vaporizer you're using or the temperature you have it set at.

Most of the smaller vaporizers I've seen are of the box-type and heat the cannabis, then require you to draw that vapor through a tube. That vapor is still very hot, and as such, can sometimes scorch your throat and give you smoker's cough. The Volcano and some others* suck in air, heat that air, then jet it through the cannabis into a bag. This cools the vapor to a more tame temperature, which makes it much more benign to the throat.

However, even if you're using a Volcano, if you have the temperature set high enough, the vapor will become harsh to the throat. Once you get to ~8.5 on the Classic or ~220 Celsius/425 Farenheit on any digital vaporizer, you're gonna experience some harshness.

Also, if the vapor-user already smoke cigarettes, the vapor will be hard on you because of the sticky goopy lacquer that it turns into inside your mouth and throat. A constricted throat from smoking combined with a sticky goopy coating will lead to some mild breathing issues, hence the cough. In this instance, it wouldn't really matter what the temperature was set to.

ESS

*please chime in with other vapor+air style vaporizers...I assume the Verdamper is of this type?

Last edited by EnglishSpringerSpaniel; 03-11-2010 at 05:06 PM. Reason: i should really stop using asterisks when high lol
Old 03-12-2010, 09:28 AM

Default Half baked

Anyone who isn't able to get totally baked vapping is using the wrong strain or temperature
Old 03-12-2010, 10:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EnglishSpringerSpaniel View Post
I have to disagree with the 'vaping gives you bad lungs' conclusion based on personal experience. I am a several times a day-every day user and have been for several years and I have absolutely no raw throat. If you are vaping and consistently getting a raw throat, then it is either the type of vaporizer you're using or the temperature you have it set at.

Most of the smaller vaporizers I've seen are of the box-type and heat the cannabis, then require you to draw that vapor through a tube. That vapor is still very hot, and as such, can sometimes scorch your throat and give you smoker's cough. The Volcano and some others* suck in air, heat that air, then jet it through the cannabis into a bag. This cools the vapor to a more tame temperature, which makes it much more benign to the throat.

However, even if you're using a Volcano, if you have the temperature set high enough, the vapor will become harsh to the throat. Once you get to ~8.5 on the Classic or ~220 Celsius/425 Farenheit on any digital vaporizer, you're gonna experience some harshness.

Also, if the vapor-user already smoke cigarettes, the vapor will be hard on you because of the sticky goopy lacquer that it turns into inside your mouth and throat. A constricted throat from smoking combined with a sticky goopy coating will lead to some mild breathing issues, hence the cough. In this instance, it wouldn't really matter what the temperature was set to.

ESS

*please chime in with other vapor+air style vaporizers...I assume the Verdamper is of this type?
Top Advise And Love Your Thread On Volcano Cleaning ESS
I Really Don't Know Why Another Vapourizer Thread Like This Has Popped Up With Such A Good Original One ( And Your Maintenance One )
One Thing I Do Know , And Agree With HHHG Is Using A Vape Will Get Rid Of Your Cough.
As I Said Before I Think People Are Used To Instant Gratification And Thus Never Give A Vapouriser A Chance
Have A Nice Weekend
Joe
Old 03-12-2010, 02:17 PM

For all who feel a vape gives too dry a hit or that the temp setting you use bothers your throat i highly recommended the "Aqua Vape" by Vaporfection...it can only be used on vaporizers that require a whip but i can now use all of my cannabis at any setting and the vape has a lil moisture to help with the dryness and also gives a nice cool hit...very effective because at first you need to get used to it...the first time i hooked it up i was taking this huge hit and couldn't feel a thing...tried to hold my breath and let out like 3 bong rips without even noticing it...i know at 80$ its pricey but if u love your vaporizer its an excellent addition to the vape experience...i just use my vape at my normal low setting, then turn it up higher to vape whats left at a higher setting so theres no waste, tho to be honest u can cook with the leftovers from your vaporizer and save even more of your stash...peace and love, G.I.L.
Old 03-12-2010, 04:26 PM

Default All The Top Coffeeshops And Museums Adopt Hydro

I First Encountered The Bong- Vapouriser Whilst Wandering Through Sensi Seeds In Amsterdam , And Could be Wrong But I Remember a Connection Between Someone At Sensi Designing The Verdamper .
The Examples At Sensi And Also At Katsu Seem To Be More Bulbous Than The Advertised Models , And Also The Vapourizer Stations ( Three Side By Side ) At Dolphins Coffeeshop Are Also Very Impressive .
I Cannot Base The Verdampers Popularity Of Late To It's Superior Performance Over The Volcano Due To The Fact The Verdampers Were Lit Up With Back Lighting ( For Instance , Katsu Uses A Mind Altering Blue )
Dolphins Used Various Colours , All Of Which Made For A Nicer Ambience.
Quality Wise , Glass Vessels Never Leave An Aftertaste And In My Opinion That Leads me Into Believing The Verdamper Bong-vapouriser Is The Best For Home Use.
For Quick Conveniance , The Vapir 2.1 is Nice And Compact , And No Balloon Is Needed.
I Like My Volcano Occasionally And Got A Good Deal . It Is Made For The Aromatherapy Practitioners And Is A Complete Commercial Quality Product
( Using The Image Zoom I Noticed Dutch Passion Wanted 448 Euros For The Non Digital Version In The Image I Included In A Past Post. That Really Was Expensive For December 2007.
I Would'nt Buy One Of Those New Little Wooden Pocket Vapourizers Though; Theres Not Enough Room For A Good Hit And Heated Wood Does Develop An Aftertaste.
Another Advantage Of A Vapourizer Is It's Beneficial Way Of Treating Acute Asthma . Smoking It Would Be Of Little Benefit And Would Be Counterproductive .
Vapourizers Do, At The End Of The Day Provide A Safe Alternative To Smokers Risking Respiratory Problems, And Allow A Safe Alternative To Exposure to Carcinogens
JKP
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 2009_1125SarahsBirthday0113.JPG (486.4 KB, 1 views)
File Type: jpg Katsu Verdamper - A Good Coffeeshop -2009.jpg (146.1 KB, 6 views)
File Type: jpg Pure THC Hit From Vape - Immense High- MH.jpg (183.9 KB, 1 views)
File Type: jpg Good Vape.jpg (39.9 KB, 3 views)
File Type: jpg 2008_1219Nov190004.JPG (105.8 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg 2008_1219Nov190003.JPG (89.5 KB, 1 views)
File Type: jpg 2008_1219Nov190008.jpg (794.3 KB, 1 views)
Old 03-28-2010, 12:13 PM

Default Volcano user for many moons

I have been a volcano user for many years, and enjoy the effects of a good vape session. I just wish I could use the thing without bringing on an asthma attack. Nothing does a better job of constricting my bronchioles as a nice full turkey bag of vape. The effects on the lungs are short lived but can scare the bejebus out of you. Has anyone else had this side effect from vapeing?
Vande Braham kul kalankshamanam shree Rambhoopam Priyam.
Old 03-28-2010, 09:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HHHG View Post
I use a Vaporbrothers and start at 50% and increase up to 75%
Hey HHHG the vape that my boys have have only got temperature not any %

so its usually at 324 to 360 does this seem rite?

Real People....don't beat around the bush.....we roll the bush up in a blunt n smoke it
Old 03-29-2010, 03:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BudBo View Post
Hey HHHG the vape that my boys have have only got temperature not any %

so its usually at 324 to 360 does this seem rite?
From NORML study...

The vaporizer produced THC at a temperature of 185 C. (365 F.) while completely eliminating three measured toxins - benzene, a known carcinogen, plus toluene and naphthalene. Carbon monoxide and smoke tars were both qualitatively reduced by the vaporizer, but additional testing is needed to quantify the extent of the decrease.

Although the study was not designed to detect the highly carcinogenic tars known as polycyclic aromatic hydrocarbons, which are thought to be a leading culprit in smoking-related cancers, there was good reason to believe that they were suppressed, since they normally form at much higher temperatures of combustion.

When vaporized, the marijuana emitted a thin gray vapor and was left with a green to greenish-brown "toasted" appearance, whereas the combusted sample produced thick smoke and turned to ash.

Significant amounts of benzene began to appear at temperatures of 200 C. (392 F), while combustion occurred around 230 (446F) or above. Traces of THC were in evidence as low as 140 C. (284 F).

http://www.canorml.org/healthfacts/vaporizerstudy1.html

Last edited by HHHG; 03-30-2010 at 07:22 AM.
Old 03-29-2010, 08:43 PM

Adding to this thread about vaporizing , I just purchased a portable vap , wow talk about smooth , no coughing EVER ! One of the best things I have ever purchased .