Mr. Nice Forums  
Home History Strains Media Web Community Medical Marijuana Contact us Auctions

Go Back   MNS Forums > Medicinal plants > 9. Patients forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-03-2019, 05:03 PM

Default Cannabis induced vasodilation

This thread was inspired by @bigsur who mentioned the vasodilating properties of cannabis, have you had the opportunity to use cannabis as a vasodilator in any way that might have been benefitial to you? Are there any negative side effects to it whatsoever? Ill be sharing some of my findings but I also wanted to hear other perspectives
Old 09-03-2019, 09:22 PM

As I may have mentioned here before, smoking weed cools me off like aspirin does. So in summer when it is hot it is great to beat the heat with. In winter I cut back on smoking as it will just make me feel cold. THC acts as a smooth-muscle relaxant, relaxing the walls of the arteries, which will result in lower blood pressure and increased blood flow to body tissues. This in turn increases the heat released by your body. People on high blood pressure meds may want to be careful using marijuana for his reason, as high potency oils and shatter can lead to super low blood pressure and fainting.
Old 09-05-2019, 11:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 420 View Post
This thread was inspired by @bigsur who mentioned the vasodilating properties of cannabis, have you had the opportunity to use cannabis as a vasodilator in any way that might have been benefitial to you? Are there any negative side effects to it whatsoever? Ill be sharing some of my findings but I also wanted to hear other perspectives
This is are some of my own findings https://thcdetox.biz/blog/why-does-w...your-eyes-red/ give it a look if you can
Old 09-05-2019, 11:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Sur View Post
As I may have mentioned here before, smoking weed cools me off like aspirin does. So in summer when it is hot it is great to beat the heat with. In winter I cut back on smoking as it will just make me feel cold. THC acts as a smooth-muscle relaxant, relaxing the walls of the arteries, which will result in lower blood pressure and increased blood flow to body tissues. This in turn increases the heat released by your body. People on high blood pressure meds may want to be careful using marijuana for his reason, as high potency oils and shatter can lead to super low blood pressure and fainting.
I was hoping to share some knowledge but got preached over here! You really know your stuff! Do you work as a writer or research? I'm looking to create a database for a possible project with various content creators
Old 09-06-2019, 03:35 AM

Quote:
I was hoping to share some knowledge but got preached over here! You really know your stuff! Do you work as a writer or research? I'm looking to create a database for a possible project with various content creators
No. I am a retired electronics and computer design engineer. I do write a lot, but mostly on other subjects. My mom was an English teacher. I am a trained observer though. I am also on the Ski Patrol and have an OEC card (equivalent to an EMT level II, but for outdoor emergency first aid). I have also been growing weed since 1972.

BTW: Any official research on weed is severely limited by the fact that marijuana is classified as a schedule 1 narcotic in the USA. The DEA says it has no medical value, and thus little research has or can be done on it here legally. Sadly... they are doing great research on Cannabis in Israel though, and now they are starting to do more research on Cannabis in Colombia as well.
Old 09-06-2019, 03:46 AM

Quote:
This is are some of my own findings https://thcdetox.biz/blog/why-does-w...your-eyes-red/ give it a look if you can
Interesting. I know about vasodilation in the brain because I get migraines, and they are triggered (in my case) by vaso-active amines like tyramine. Tyramine is a common amino acid foundin foods like over-ripe bananas, aged cheese and meats, eggplant, and tofu. So I avoid eating those foods.

As for marijuana and glaucoma, I talked about this with my ophthalmologist as my mother has glaucoma (so I am at a higher risk for it). He said that lighting up will reduce the pressure in your eyes, but only when you are high. He says for that reason he does not give Rx for weed to prevent or manage glaucoma. He says it is fine to light up though. There are far better Rx drugs for reducing eye pressure, like Lumigan Eye Drops (bimatoprost ophthalmic solution).