Mr. Nice Forums  
Home History Strains Media Web Community Medical Marijuana Contact us Auctions

Go Back   MNS Forums > Medicinal plants > 9. Patients forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-29-2019, 02:50 AM

Default Is the term "side effects" used only negatively

I'm editing a couple of posts and I keep noticing the term "side effect" constantly used regarding cannabis, hwever I don't believe there are no really big issues when it comes to cannabis consumption other than an absent mind (at times) , lazyness (at times) and a ferociuos appetite (always) can the term be used positively?
Old 08-29-2019, 03:25 AM

Creativity, energy, focus,appetite, muscle relaxant,sleep inducing, etc are positive side effect from various strains... Reword negatives and they become positive...
Old 08-30-2019, 02:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 420 View Post
I'm editing a couple of posts and I keep noticing the term "side effect" constantly used regarding cannabis, hwever I don't believe there are no really big issues when it comes to cannabis consumption other than an absent mind (at times) , lazyness (at times) and a ferociuos appetite (always) can the term be used positively?
Here's one of them posts I mentioned https://thcdetox.biz/blog/8-worst-si...ical-cannabis/

Now that I think about it the word "worst" does make it sound worse
Old 08-30-2019, 02:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Growstone View Post
Creativity, energy, focus,appetite, muscle relaxant,sleep inducing, etc are positive side effect from various strains... Reword negatives and they become positive...
Exactly! Couldn't agree with you more, in fact I just mentioned precisely that, it's so usually used with the word "negative" prior to side effect that it tarnishes the concept when usedby itself
Old 08-31-2019, 01:07 AM

Well, from the medical perspective, side effects are usually listed as negative effects that may occur after taking any particular drug. As opposed to the intended effects of a drug. Some side effects can be positive though. Minoxidil was a drug originally developed to lower blood pressure (it is a vasodialator). However, people using it noticed side effects that it made their hair grow in more. So Minoxidil is usually bought now for hair growth, and has a 'side effect' listed that it may lower blood pressure.