Mr. Nice Forums  
Home History Strains Media Web Community Medical Marijuana Contact us Auctions

Go Back   MNS Forums > Medicinal plants > 9. Patients forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-29-2018, 05:41 AM

Exclamation Best high cbd low the strain for nerve spasm type problems

I've checked out a few breeders forums all seem to point to harlequin or cannatronic, I am a believer in this site so checked out a few of these nordle seems to point in the right direction, if anyone has experience of growing using the aforementioned it would be greatly appreciated, btw happy new year folks.
Old 12-30-2018, 10:47 AM
Breeder and moderator

Hi

well the problem is not listening to all the white noise out in the marketing world but to speak directly with those who are using strains that work for their symptoms.

We made CBD crew strains at roughly 1 to 1 levels as we believe this is what is needed for many. You cannot take out a major component like THC and expect the plant whole extraction to work as it did when using the plant flowers previously...so please be aware that we promote whole plant extractions ans high terpene profiling in plants...

Currently we have had incredible results from CBD Shark, CBD Nordle and CBD Therapy...as well as very credible testimonies for other illness coming from CBD Mango Haze, CBD Medihaze and CBD Girl Scout Cookie.

The biggest problem is trial and error method takes time and a lot of numbers of seed plants....so things are there it just needs personal sorting to find the glove that fits....good luck all the best SB

"Care about what other people think and you will always be their prisoner." -Lao Tzu

all the best,
Shantibaba
http://www.mrnice.nl
https://shop.mrnice.nl
Old 12-30-2018, 10:47 AM
Breeder and moderator

Hi

well the problem is not listening to all the white noise out in the marketing world but to speak directly with those who are using strains that work for their symptoms.

We made CBD crew strains at roughly 1 to 1 levels as we believe this is what is needed for many. You cannot take out a major component like THC and expect the plant whole extraction to work as it did when using the plant flowers previously...so please be aware that we promote whole plant extractions ans high terpene profiling in plants...

Currently we have had incredible results from CBD Shark, CBD Nordle and CBD Therapy...as well as very credible testimonies for other illness coming from CBD Mango Haze, CBD Medihaze and CBD Girl Scout Cookie.

The biggest problem is trial and error method takes time and a lot of numbers of seed plants....so things are there it just needs personal sorting to find the glove that fits....good luck all the best SB

"Care about what other people think and you will always be their prisoner." -Lao Tzu

all the best,
Shantibaba
http://www.mrnice.nl
https://shop.mrnice.nl
Old 12-31-2018, 06:53 PM

Well I have managed to source a cut that has lab testing showing 14-1 cbd so I will give this a try it,s called bright light so a big thank you shanti for your reply, I know every shoe don,t fit the same foot and it,s trial an error but I,lol try this one but will order some of your strains as a back up plan, btw happy new year from Alma, Colorado U S A
Old 01-10-2019, 09:00 AM

I always have and always will recommend CBD Therapy for this, but keep in mind what Shanti said to you: High CBD to low THC ratio is not the right thing for everyone and every illness.
In some or even many cases, something along the line of a 1:1 or 2:1 ratio might be what does the trick.

That being said, if you want high CBD to THC ratio, I only ever came across the Therapy fulfilling this demand consistently.

Initially, CBD Therapy was advertised as High CBD to THC ratio in every single seed.

There is a very thorough and informative thread here on the board about a grower (not a MRN fanboy by all accounts or anything) buying several packs of CBD Therapy and lab testing the resulting buds for CBD to THC ratio.

His result was that the "every seed" claim was not correct. It should be more along the lines of "in every pack". I believe he grew 20 beans or so and had a bit below 50% or so testing at high CBD to THC ratios. High meaning along the lines of 20:1. The rest were along the lines of 1:1 and 2:1, so still high CBD but not that lopsided ratio.

He was quite pissed that the "every seed" claim didn't hold true. And I agreed with him, bit too hype on the marketing side.

But aside from that, this was the first time that seeds reliably produced high CBD to THC ratios. I have never read/heard of similar results from other strains.
When people talk high CBD to THC ratio around 15:1 or up, it was always about "elite clones", Harlequin this, CBD Rene that etc. etc. and the story/report is always hundreds of seeds or breeding work until such a single pheno is found.

By all accounts, you can expect at least 1-2 phenos in a pack of 5 Therapy fems to exhibit something along the lines of 18:1 up to ~20:1 CBD to THC ratio.
While that is not quite "in every seed", it is still a claim I doubt any other breeder can make.

From what I could gather, any other strain (even from CBD Crew), you end up with a whole bunch of 1:1 and 2:1 phenos and might find a 10+:1 pheno in enough seeds (could be 30, 50, 100 or more).

So to me, CBD Therapy it is, when it comes to CBD.

Only drawback is that they are only available feminized. So breeding with it is iffy/tricky.

If CBD Therapy were to be available regular, I believe nobody should look for any other strain with regard to CBD.

If it was available regular, you could hone in on ~20:1 phenos in the therapy and then simply start crossing it with other strains and breed towards different terpene and cannabinoid/active compound profiles for the individual illnesses etc.
Old 01-11-2019, 05:32 AM

Interesting. I tested a bunch of commercial grown store bought grams of high CBD low THC strains here including: Harle Tsu, AC/DC, etc. All tested like 10:1 or more CBD:THC. They did little for me. They improved my mood, but do not do much for pain. The better ones were more like 1:1 CBD:THC, including Therapy and Frank's Gift. I was planning on breeding a 50:50 strain myself, but then I got some Bekaa Valley Lebanese Red landrace seeds in trade from Europe. They were bred IBL by Blue Hemp in Switzerland. They grew great, bloomed and finished outdoors early here (in September) and most had about a 1:1 CBD to THC ratio, plus or minus 20%. Lebanese is about all I smoke now, other than Durban Poison in the morning. Its like Lebby hashish, but in bud form. No need to make it into hash. Its is light and floral in terpenes. Two hit weed. As others have said here, CBD with THC is better than CBD alone.

Last edited by Big Sur; 01-11-2019 at 05:35 AM.
Old 01-22-2019, 04:06 AM

I had good results with Medihaze and it was a real pleasure to grow.
It had haze effects with some energy and pain relief.

I have heard good things abut sweet and sour white widow being good for pain and as a medical strain.