Mr. Nice Forums  
Home History Strains Media Web Community Medical Marijuana Contact us Auctions

Go Back   MNS Forums > Medicinal plants > 9. Patients forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-01-2009, 05:10 PM

Default Pain Management Solutions

Happy New Year friends,

Last edited by resinbud; 11-26-2012 at 03:20 PM.
Old 01-01-2009, 10:10 PM

Hi botanyman

Nice idea to create this thread , I hope many will find useful info on pain management.Keep it up
Old 01-01-2009, 11:26 PM
herbmister

good on you mate
Old 01-18-2009, 10:17 PM

hi botanyman

Thanks for the nice info on cold/hot packs mate. I ve been using cold packs for my knee years now , docs orders , and seems to help alot esp after a long day on the streets.

Keep the info coming and thank you again for sharing
Old 01-18-2009, 10:23 PM
SativaFan

I have Type II diabeties with some neuropathy in my feet.

I recently was told by another person with same thing that "Gelin" with Dr Scholl helped her feet a lot...cushioning the impact, etc.

I've been wearing them for a couple weeks and while more comfortable in the extreme cold...I haven't noriced any change yet in my neuropathy...but I wouldn't expect anything this soon.

Welcome to Mr Nice
Thanks

SativaFan
Old 07-31-2009, 01:04 PM

Lightbulb Great Thread - Just Up My Street

In 1989 I Fell Backwards Off A Scaffold Whilst Removing Asbestos From The " Earthquake Building " ( Westcoast Energy ) And Landed On My Tailbone 14 Feet Down Onto A Concrete Floor
Apart From A Crushed Coccyx , I Also Ruptured L4-L5- SI ( Sacro Iliac ) Which Have Since Been Removed ( Agnes Hunt Orthopeadic Hospital- Oswestry )
Initially I Was Given Indocid ( A Anti Inflammatory That Is Used Mostly To Treat Gout , And Is Very Powerful And Aggressive - Stomache Ulcers And Perforations Are It's Side Effect.)
Because Of Indocid , I Cannot Take NSAID's ( Non Steroidal Anti Inflammatories)
In 2001 Thru 2004 I Was Put On The " Mildest " Anti Inflammatory- VIOXX
Vioxx Was Removed From The Market Due To Side Effects Which Included Heart Attacks In Men !!
I Tried " Celebrex " , But Found It Too Aggressive On My Guts
So I Was Prescriped MST ( MS Contin ) Along With 60MG Of Diazapam ( Spasm Dose ), Which I Have Taken Daily For The Last 20 Years
MST ( Morphine Sulphate-Time Release ) Is The Safest Pain Killer In Regards To Side Effects ( It Causes NO Damage To The Bodies Organs , But Prolonged Use Can Cause Irritable Bowel Syndrome , Which I Have , And After A While I Have Had A Section Of My Intestines Removed .
In 1996, Due To The Increased Narcotics I Was Taking , I Was Admitted Into A Detox Unit ( Comox Valley Recovery Centre ) Where I Was Weaned Off The Morphine And Diazapam ( With The Help Of Clonadine - A Blood Pressure Tablet )
Two Weeks Later I Was Released , And My Body Detoxed ( Even The Coffee Was Decaffeinated )
While Crossing A Zebra Crossing, I Was Run Over By A Hit And Run Driver Who Was Attempting To Get Away From The Car He Had Smashed Into, Sending Me Flying Onto His Hood ( Bonnet ) Of His Car. Sliding Along The Hood Til I Was Stopped By My Eye Socket Making Contact With The Windscreen Wiper Attachment.
The Driver ( Who Later Claimed To Be In Diabetic Shock ) Reversed Quickly , Making Me Slide Off His Car And Onto The Road, And Drove Off Before Crashing Into Two Parked Cars Some 200 Yards Down The Road !!
I Was Fortuneate Enough To Have Had Over 30 Witnesses Who Described The Incident To I.C.B.C ( Insurance Corporation Of British Columbia ) Who Offered Me $10,000.00 Initially If I Did Not Get Legal Representation
No Win No Fee ( Win= Lawyer Getting 1/3 Of Settlement )
I Used My Left Hand To Touch The Guys Car So I Would'nt Have Ended Up Under The Car, And As A Result , My Injuries Have Caused The Entire Left Side Of My Body To Be Affected??
You Could Draw A Line Down The Middle Of My Body , And On The Right Side , I Have Absolutely No Problems Whatsoever
The Left Side However Is Totally Affected Head To Toe
So , After Two Weeks Off The Pain Killers , I Was Put Back Onto Double The Dose I Took Before Detoxing !!
Physio, Massage Therapy, Reikki , Shiatsu, Polarity Therapy, Rolfing , All Provided Temporary Relief , As Did The T.E.N.S And T.E.S Machines
But Nothing Provided A Long Term Relief /Solution
Morphine ( Morpheus- The God Of Sleep ) Does Get Rid Of The Pain, But It's Psychological Side Effects Do Produce Irritability , And Insomnia , And Of Course , Physical Dependance .
I Mentioned This To My Doctor , And Also Mentioned Cannabis Alleviated The Pain Without Producing Irritability , Whilst Encouraging A Good Nights Sleep
But Most Of All , Cannabis Can Make Me Forget About My Situation , And Promotes My Ability To Smile And Laugh .
He Encouraged Me To Continue Taking Cannabis , And Even Wrote A Letter To The Courts On My Behalf Explaining I Had Managed To Reduce My Intake Of Morphine And Valium As A Result .
In Closing , He Wrote ; "I Believe This Young Man Uses Cannabis For Therapeutic Use , And Not For Recreational Use "
So The Court, The Magistrates , And The Press , Who Did A Very Positive Write Up On My Case " Accepted I Was Growing Cannabis For Pain Relief "
I Still Got Fined 350.00 , But Had No Conditions Set To My Sentence (1994- Cannabis Was Class B ).
Since The Magistates " Accepted " My Predicament , I Have Continued To Grow In A Very Open Manner , And Have No Intention Of Ever Stopping .
So , Strains Like White Russian/Rhino, K.G.B , L.U.I , To Name A Few Are Better Than Any Pill I Know Of To Obtain Relief ( However I Have Just Started To Take Gabapentin , A Anti Epileptic Drug , Which Starting Dose Is 300MG Daily, Which Is Gradually Increased To 3,600 MG Daily.
It Is Supposed To Basically Fry The Nerve Endings That Send The Pain Signals.
I Am Being Weaned Off Valium Now ( I Topped Out @ 70MG Daily ) , And They No Longer Work . Long Term Use Of Valium Can Cause TMJ, Or Trans mandibular Jaw Syndrome .
As I Have Been On Them For So Long , Coming Off Them May Take Around A Year , Gradually Weaning Off To Avoid Gran Mal Type Seiziures .
With Twenty Years Of Experience To Reflect On In Regards To Spinal/ Musco-Skeletal Injuries , Especially Lower Lumbar Injuries , I Have Some Advise That Will Help ;
1). " Use It, Or Lose It "; Bed Rest Is More Harmful Than Beneficial- Get Up And Go For A Walk On Firm , Even Ground. ( Being Inactive Causes The Surrounding Muscles To Protect The Affected Injury, Basically Closing It Down )
2). Pace Yourself . Very Slowly Increase Your Walking Distance
3). Take Your Pain Killers AFTER You Have Exercised , So You Don't Over Exert Yourself
4). Simple Isometric Exercises To Strengthen Your Stomach Muscles , Which Are Very Important To Stabilise Your Back. (Lumbar Support Belts Weaken Stomach Muscles )
5) Traction; I Would Advise Against Traction ( Unless You Want To Speed Up Your Operation For Removal Of The Disc )
6). Sciatica ( Full Blown, Down To The Big Toe ) ; Stick A Teaspoon Of Cayenne Pepper In Your Shoe ( Or Sock ); You'll Be Suprised At How Effective This Old Remedy Works
" No Pain; No Gain " Or As Jim Morrison Wrote ; " Break On Through To The Other Side .
To Those With Healthy Backs ; Be Aware Of Your Posture , And Always Bend Your Knees When Lifting, Holding The Weight Close To The Body
Look After It , And It Will Look After You
JKP
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Magistrates Accept Self Medication.jpg (163.5 KB, 11 views)
File Type: jpg me on 101 bulletin board- My Grow-97.jpg (87.0 KB, 18 views)
File Type: jpg medicine dispensary.jpg (70.7 KB, 31 views)
File Type: jpg PC220130.JPG (79.6 KB, 31 views)
File Type: jpg cannabis_sativa_extract- dose 0.1 cc.jpg (113.1 KB, 18 views)
Old 08-01-2009, 03:11 PM

Default unlucky

bloody hell mate, you have to be the unluckiest guy alive, good luck with the future mate, gota be due some
Old 08-30-2009, 02:38 PM

big shout out to Resinbud...i have really appreciated the advice over the last few years and encourage anyone with pain management problems to contact Resinbud...he has given me better advice regarding my back than the doctors i pay on a monthly basis...no joke
Old 09-13-2009, 09:59 AM
Billy Liar

great info reinbud, really good to have you onboard. I suffer periodicaly from a weak back due to my job which entails loads of lifting and bending, when my back is bad its crippling. often making walking impossible. i had one session wit a sports injury clinic, basicaly teaching me the importance of posture and and exercise to counteract my constant bending at work. now i do the execises the pain hasnt returned once. cant stress enough how important the back is, eapecialy if you rely on it for your trade as i do.
we all need to look after ourselves and ech other.
peace
BL
Old 10-20-2009, 09:18 AM

Question Spelling , Offence , Inappropriate

May I Just Say I Enjoy Your Contributions To The Medical Community Here .
I Do Hope You Reconsider And Continue To Persue Your Hobby Here @ MNS Forums .
I Don't Think Your Excuses Are Valid As You Have A Very Tidy And Well Thought Out Thread.
You Are Typing And Taking Your Time To Help Your Fellow Members , Which Is Appreciated .
JKP