Mr. Nice Forums  
Home History Strains Media Web Community Medical Marijuana Contact us Auctions

Go Back   MNS Forums > Medicinal plants > 9. Patients forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-31-2010, 02:19 AM

I just want to say thank you too Resinbud for taking your time to share some good information regarding us with backproblem.Information and IMPLEMENTATION is the keeword here i think...It's so easy to walk in those old tracks,but changing and maybe tryout some new path/trails in life is demanding to say the least..We are plain lazy..I talk now from my own experiece..Stubborn like the worst mule you can find in Mexico..i keep on doing the same misstakes when i feel good..work like crazy..then the body says somthing like this:Your stupid SOB don't you understand ANYTHING AT ALL,i've been knocking on your door now for the last 15 years telling you to listen to what i have to tell you,NOT]
And what happens my friends,yep it brakes down,you brake down,family brakes down..OPERATION TIME...NOT GOOD AT ALL...If you and i just could start learn to listen to what our body tells us,because he ALWAYS will tell us in advance if we just cared to listen..No MONEY,status and everything else we can buy for money we care about that much moore then taking care of our lifes..my view..It's just takes a TOTAL breakdown to get to grips whats REALLY counts in life...For me it took 40+ years to try and start listen..when i was down and out...from well-to-do guy to OPERATIONSTABLE...and now living on a tiny tiny pension..with lowerbackpains every freaking second of my last 16 years racing down my left leg..want to have sex BUT after a session,guess what,i'm down and out for a week...so for now..no moore...modeswings..you name it i have..BUT the best thing about life is:IT*S NEVER TO LATE TO CHANGE,that is if you REALLY want to change...Belive me you will find new trails to walk on,better ones too but it takes your DECISION and no one else.Not any doctors OPERATION will be sucessful if you don't try to implement som major changes in your lifestyle..

Resinbus,once again thank you for you information..in my case you just left out THE number uno one..the guy "upstairs"you will find alot of support and comfort in HIM..my view..

To lazy to spellcheck..sorry..Take care everyone...And one last thing,Medical Cannabis..NOT the cure but it sure can help..lets keep it real...

Do everything in moderation,even moderation.God bless...//BLB51

Choose Positive
People,places,events just "are".
They have no meaning until YOU give them meaning.
You choose how to react to it and what it will mean to you.
Good,bad,beautiful,ugly,indiffrent.You choose.
Why choose negative when you can just as easily choose posistive?
Old 07-31-2010, 01:28 PM

Default Marijuana As Medicine?: The Science Beyond the Controversy

Fancy some Online reading...

http://www.nap.edu/openbook.php?book...This+Book.y=17

Choose Positive
Old 08-20-2010, 03:58 PM

Smile

Excellent read!!!!

Thank you so much. Sounds like you really know your shit plus you care for your people that you trying to help. right ON!

Do you have any experiance with usin cannabis in a topical fashion??

I have 2 knees that are pretty much shot and its frustrating. But I am trying to get organized to undertake a new plan and lose some weight and hopefully get some exercise. i sure miss my walking days.

Peace
Old 08-20-2010, 09:16 PM

Thumbs up No Other Patients Forum Has A In House resinbud

resinbuds contributions to The MNS Forums , most especially in The Patients Forum have been So In Depth and His follow up prognosis via a Personal ( Private ) message to everyone .
Big Respect to resinbud , I'm sure I can speak for Every Senior Member Here
Still caught up in a Pharmacopea Mist With A Little Less Of This And A Whole Lot Of That Has Thrown Me A Curve Ball ( There We Go Again , Even The Word Balls Evokes Pain ) I Have Gone Through This Week Without Acknowledging I'm On Treatment.
When I Get Over All This Shit I'll Certainly Be Addressing The Pain Issues resinbud Has Already Mentioned. The Best Solutions Though Cost Thousands Of Pounds And I Don't Even Believe They Are Available Over Here.
resinbud ; Your Advice Is Extremely Proffessional And Can I Just Thank You For Spending Some Of Your Time Here . Honestly , No Other Forum Has A In House Doctor , As It Were
Well Done Friend
Joe
Old 09-19-2010, 05:57 AM

Default A ?

Hey RB,

I recently met a relative of my wifes friend. Many years ago she had two fusions also, but abyear apart. She has neuropathy issues bad in legs etc. I know, or understand her to have diabetes also.

I was wondering though. Is it possible to develop such issues, because of your back/spinal issues. Was just curious...Ns

Add: sorry RB...I just reread your post. I apologize for asking without doing so. I had read it earlier today, but forgot most of it.

Another question then. This could be a reason it seems why the following happens. If I amwrong. Correct me please. I will tell you this has happened a few times. Sitting on the side of the bed, and my wife screams, and jumps away. Did you feel that? She bad apparently stepped on my foot very hard, and I felt nothing. There is other situations similar. That is it for now...is this the issue, or maybe something else?...Ns

"How would you like to feel like a mushroom?"
Kept in the dark, and fed Shit all day?

The past no longer dictates me to the future. Everyday is a new day, and what is made of it is my choice.

Last edited by noshow; 09-19-2010 at 06:03 AM. Reason: Add
Old 10-07-2010, 02:50 AM

..as long you don't examine me and with a laugh tell me to -bend over,you said you had problems with your eyesightbend ...

That said,i want you pro opinon on this medicin/cure/help..when you have slipped disc/bulged disc..or in general herniated discs in your back.

The Great Papaya Fracas

Does the fruit extract really help back pain ?

The papaya is a wondrous fruit—abundant, tasty and nutritious. A papaya extract is the active ingredient in supermarket meat tenderizers, and the papaya has long been used by traditional healers to treat illnesses ranging from hepatitis to gonorrhea. Now an extract from the fruit has become the center of a growing medical controversy. Despite doubts expressed by many U.S. experts, hundreds of U.S. citizens are traveling to Canada to be treated with a papaya enzyme for what is commonly called a slipped disc.

The Canadian migration stems from a discovery by Dr. Lyman Smith, an orthopedic surgeon in Elgin, Ill. In the early 1960s he found that injections of papain, a simple papaya extract, dissolved the nuclei of discs between the vertebrae of rabbits. As a result, the discs shrank. If papain had the same effect on human slipped discs, he reasoned, they would shrink back into place.

Smith sold his patent rights to Baxter Travenol Laboratories of Deerfield, Ill., which extracted from papain another enzyme, chymopapain, that was more potent and less toxic. Baxter Travenol trade-named its product Disease and obtained U.S. Food and Drug Administration approval in 1963 for its use as an investigational new drug for humans. In twelve years doctors treated some 15,000 patients, and reported that symptoms were relieved in most cases. Meanwhile, Baxter Travenol had applied to the FDA for approval of Disease as a prescription item for any licensed physician to use.

But in 1975, when some still disputed new tests seemed to show that Disease had no more effect on slipped discs than did a placebo, Baxter Travenol withdrew its application and stopped producing the enzyme. Furthermore, because the company did not submit a new application to cover investigational treatments, use of Disease became illegal in the U.S.

But it is still legal in Canada, and some U.S. orthopedists are referring their patients to medical centers there. A notable example is Dr. Howard Bates Noble, a Chicago orthopedic surgeon who has sent 20 to 25 patients to Canada—and needed help himself. As he puts it: "Faced with the choice of surgery or chymopapain, I decided to put my back where my mouth was." So he referred himself to Dr. Ian Macnab at Toronto's Wellesley Hospital, who injected him with chymopapain last year. Now, Noble says, his back troubles have disappeared.

Most patients from south of the border tell much the same story. Arriving at a Canadian medical center armed with their spinal X rays, they usually need to spend only two days in a hospital. Almost unanimously, they give glowing testimonials to the benefit they have received. Indeed, if the injections are as curative as supporters claim, they would banish the need for costly operations for many of the estimated 170,000 Americans who each year undergo disc surgery.

But does the cure really come from chymopapain? Many U.S. doctors have their doubts. They note that by far the commonest forms of low-back pain involve muscles, ligaments or tendons rather than discs; these can usually be treated best with rest, physiotherapy and regular exercise. Many of the claimed chymopapain cures, the critics say, are the result of a dramatic placebo effect.

//http://www.time.com/time/magazine/article/0,9171,919363,00.html

Choose Positive
Old 10-11-2010, 02:39 PM
Banned

This forum has the nicest selection of professional , mature and dedicated members I've seen since CW...

and even less BS! I adore this place.

JoeKIngPark ,,,my god do I feel for you,keep up the great input and positive vibes my friend.

Resinbud,,as honest and professional as you're going to find,,I smoke and relax with a MD around campfires and other professionals in the med community including therapists and a chiropractor all whom I graduated with and we are all tight still ,,and avid fly fisherman....

Let's just say you are not alone....Ty for your presence here.
Old 11-25-2010, 04:25 PM

Thumbs up I Find Your Post So True

Quote:
Originally Posted by resinbud View Post
Hi! This thread I started is completed, and I hope all of you that read this subject matter, have found it informative for your needs. The one main thing to know about healthy living is getting through life in one piece. Life is one tough business. We are thrust at birth into a harsh enviroment where we are instantly overwhelmed with light, sound and new sensations. During our everyday lives we are inevitably faced with crises and problems that must be met head on. As we look at the people we know, all of us are aware that personality type plays an enormous role in determining how we handle situations. It is a good thing to know and understand ourselves. In this way we can understand others and be able to get along with them. Yeah... life is one tough business . People use many different methods to get through the day. Some turn to the Bible and religion, while others use crutches, such as drugs, food, cigaretes or alchohol. The majority, however, have lerned to be strong and are able to cope with all the vagaries of life. People are amazing in their individuality, and like the proverbial cat that always lands on its feet, we have learned to adapt by using this most wonderful coping mechanism. Without it most of us would still be huddling in our caves, afraid, and tentative and not willing to step out into the light of day. We learn to cope with physical discomfort, and we learn to cope with emotional deprivation by finding ways to satify ourselves. Some people learn this mechanism better than others, and those who fail at using this wonderful mental tool soon find that they are at a disadvantage. I didn't meen to babble, I just hope you found it pleasing as my last post in Pain Management Solutions. peace all... resinbud,
What A Great Post
Faith Is Keeping Me Alive Now , Not Drugs
And Good Friends And Family
" Let Go , And Let Live "
Thanks resinbud
Joe
Old 05-01-2011, 10:27 AM

Red face new ailment hinders posts

earlier last week i awoke with a pain between my shoulderblades and all down my left arm!? . when i felt my hand i noticed it was numb and my thumb was being distorted by an almighty cramp . my thumb , and two other fingers are numb as well.
doctor says its likeley to be disc- either c-5 , c6, c7, c8
m.r.i scan tomorrow.
this season is going to be a challenge, for sure
and my one finger typing technique is so testing
the remedy is in the well rotted manure and is growing well now
volcano at 180 seems to be helping situation . so glad i could buy replacement part in llandudno
meanwhile z6 grow still most defineatly on and hope to have more digits for my next update
jkp
Old 05-05-2011, 09:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by resinbud View Post
Hi! JKP... I really would have no clue why your fingers are going numb? but if it is in the cervical region of your spine as you say C1 through C7, then starts T-1. Is T-1 compressed as well ? Numbness could be anything? Sciatica,compressed disc's, Spinal Stenosis, Neuropathy.? In cases where an invertebrae disk has dgenerated or ruptured, a treatment popularly known as injecting the disk is frequently a preferable alternative to surgery {Laminectomy}. Talk with your physician about Cervical Traction to open up the vertabrae in the neck. One is made for under the bed mattress, and the other goes over a door. Your Dr. should be the one who gives the orders for how many pounds of water to use during each neck stretch session, 6lb,7lb,8lb? etc.etc. I hope you get better JKP, you have suffered along time, and I wish you better days ahead, and thanks for remembering my pain management solutions thread. Sincerely, resinbud
thanks rb
let me give you some background to my injury ; in 1996 , after leaving detox in victoria, b.c , i was walking across a zebra crossing and was struck by a hit and run driver. i managed to stick out my arm instinctively to stop going under the car, so instead i flew across the hood and was stopped by the windscreen wiper attachment, which struck my eye socket
so my arm/ shoulder/hand was the first part of my body to take the impact
without pain relief my shoulderblades used to dance in spasm with more wobble than rolf harris' board.???
doctor says my median nerve is damaged and my left thumb through spasm is trying to move towards my little finger.
rb; when trying to explain to proffessionals my pain i tell them its if one could draw an imaginary line down the middle of my body and from head to toe my left side of it is broken . there is absolutely no problems at all on my right side , apart from my liver .
physiotherapy in the u.k is hopeless and sometimes it can take six months to get in for treatment, which is normally limited to six visits
i've had plenty of facet joint injections but they did'nt work
pain managment psych said to get off pills and pot and get on with my life
i remember you mentioning ataxia once ; could you describe its symptons for me rb?
i am also using severadol for breakthrough pain 10mg bi d, but little benefit
the top of my neck is so painful and it wants to pull to the left ?
theres no way i would attempt to exercise it.
doctor says keep moving , and keep active
what more can i do ?
respect , and thanks
joe
p.s ; when i did get traction for my lower back at the physiotherapists it made things worse
i am aware of that inflateable jacket you once mentioned , but i just don't have that kind of cash

Last edited by Joe King Park; 05-05-2011 at 09:44 AM. Reason: p.s