Mr. Nice Forums  
Home History Strains Media Web Community Medical Marijuana Contact us Auctions

Go Back   MNS Forums > Medicinal plants > 9. Patients forum

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
  #51  
Old 10-17-2017, 01:50 PM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 297
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by wisp View Post
Disease :
a disordered or incorrectly functioning organ, part, structure, or system of the body resulting from the effect of genetic or developmental errors, infection, poisons, nutritional deficiency or imbalance, toxicity, or unfavorable environmental factors; illness; sickness; ailment.
See: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pathology
__________________
The bliss of ignorance is deeper in the region of tyranny.
Reply With Quote
  #52  
Old 10-17-2017, 02:03 PM
bluntmassa's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: outlaw country,USA
Posts: 1,298
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Growstone View Post
Bluntmassa.. g'day mate, your a good dude.. take responsibility for your own shit.. not many do, easier to play the victim card.. deserves respect..
Yeah, it's horrible I got some Facebook friends saying they have a disease because they got addicted and say they are going to be in recovery the rest of their lives. Which means Methadone or Suboxone both are sold on the streets to get high. Lol, worst part is 2 of them are going to school to become substance abuse counselors when they can't seem to go cold turkey and cut the monkey off their back. I'm far from the only one I know that went cold turkey it's tough as hell but worth it.

These people in "recovery" are selling Suboxone to kids getting them hooked too I even seen a mother proud her teenaged daughter was going to the Methadone clinic with her. LMAO, they talk tough on the opiate problem while making it worse.

Politicians are the last people who should be involved in handling a drug problem it's worse now than ever. Of course you have the CIA caught smuggling drugs several times and the DEA letting the Sinoloa cartel move drugs for information. So much money in selling drugs of course the feds are going to do like always and take money.
Reply With Quote
  #53  
Old 10-17-2017, 02:09 PM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: taffy land
Posts: 210
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluntmassa View Post
Yeah, it's horrible I got some Facebook friends saying they have a disease because they got addicted and say they are going to be in recovery the rest of their lives. Which means Methadone or Suboxone both are sold on the streets to get high. Lol, worst part is 2 of them are going to school to become substance abuse counselors when they can't seem to go cold turkey and cut the monkey off their back. I'm far from the only one I know that went cold turkey it's tough as hell but worth it.

These people in "recovery" are selling Suboxone to kids getting them hooked too I even seen a mother proud her teenaged daughter was going to the Methadone clinic with her. LMAO, they talk tough on the opiate problem while making it worse.

Politicians are the last people who should be involved in handling a drug problem it's worse now than ever. Of course you have the CIA caught smuggling drugs several times and the DEA letting the Sinoloa cartel move drugs for information. So much money in selling drugs of course the feds are going to do like always and take money.
Fentanyl is what seems to be the craze here in UK 🇬🇧.
Aswell as the ones you listed.
__________________
😂 a sativa a day keeps the doctor away 😂
Reply With Quote
  #54  
Old 10-17-2017, 02:12 PM
bluntmassa's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: outlaw country,USA
Posts: 1,298
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by wisp View Post
Dude it's a disease by definition.
You are not always born with diseases has addiction has detrimental effects on yourself and others around you. Detrimental to health outcome and can kill/does kill.

And like yourself I have been through opium addiction using abstinence and cannabis with nothing but respect for anyone that does so. So big up dude ☺


I'm gonna say it one last time. I'm a taffy limey so I don't have the same healthcare you do in the states. My Dr I've known 20 years is a reluctant prescriber.
It's not a disease go cold turkey it's over doctors won't help you only you can help you.

Not sure what healthcare has to do with addiction doctors keep you addicted here just on Suboxone or Methadone.
Reply With Quote
  #55  
Old 10-17-2017, 02:18 PM
bluntmassa's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: outlaw country,USA
Posts: 1,298
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by wisp View Post
Fentanyl is what seems to be the craze here in UK 🇬🇧.
Aswell as the ones you listed.
Yeah, fentanyl has been killing majority of the junkies lately in the US it's laced in the heroin sometimes it's not even heroin at all just fentanyl and cut.
Reply With Quote
  #56  
Old 10-17-2017, 07:06 PM
PlantManBee's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 1,178
Default

Lol. If you don't use the same definitions for words as the other people in your society you'll never have a coherent discussion. There are diseases. Some we can't cure, at least not yet.
__________________
Blurring the boundaries between plants and animals since '64
Reply With Quote
  #57  
Old 10-17-2017, 07:18 PM
PlantManBee's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 1,178
Default

The disease model of addictions is pretty problematic. I think definitions for addictions are particularly hard because of all the emotional baggage attached.

I classify myself as an alcoholic because when I drink, I go to jail. Other bad shit also occurs. I have quit for a year, figured that I was better and started drinking. I was in jail within a month. Lately, I haven't had booze for 28 plus years. Other chemicals never got me by the short hairs , though I have lost more than a few friends to opiates , cocaine and nicotine. If I don't drink , I am golden. Drink, lose all my shit.


It might as well be a disease for me, however, I don't really care what it is or isn't. I have the solution.
__________________
Blurring the boundaries between plants and animals since '64
Reply With Quote
  #58  
Old 10-17-2017, 09:12 PM
PatientZero's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2016
Posts: 139
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by PlantManBee View Post
The disease model of addictions is pretty problematic. I think definitions for addictions are particularly hard because of all the emotional baggage attached.

I classify myself as an alcoholic because when I drink, I go to jail. Other bad shit also occurs. I have quit for a year, figured that I was better and started drinking. I was in jail within a month. Lately, I haven't had booze for 28 plus years. Other chemicals never got me by the short hairs , though I have lost more than a few friends to opiates , cocaine and nicotine. If I don't drink , I am golden. Drink, lose all my shit.


It might as well be a disease for me, however, I don't really care what it is or isn't. I have the solution.
Thats a very useful insight, i hope many more realize this about their alcohol use and find a way to get what they need any other way shape or form
The Force is strong with you PMB
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT. The time now is 09:49 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
SEO by vBSEO 3.6.0 PL2
All rights reserved, MR NICE SEEDBANK, NL