Mr. Nice Forums  
Home History Strains Media Web Community Medical Marijuana Contact us Auctions

Go Back   MNS Forums > Medicinal plants > 9. Patients forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-13-2017, 04:51 AM

Default Do marijuana alter consciousness?

Hi,

I'm interested to understand how exactly marijuana smoking may alter human consciousness. Is this effect simply an illusion and consciousness is not modifiable by cannabinoids?

In contrast, I do believe antipsychotic drugs can alter the way you interact socially. Its in the social interactions that I can feel I'm under the influence of a neuroleptic, independently of my chronic cannabis usage.

What do you think?

Do you notice any differences in your social interactions when smoking pot?

Peace,

tkadm30
Old 08-13-2017, 12:26 PM

a buddy of mine has some kind of xenophobia
cant go outside among other ppl without medicating first

so yeah - there are significant differences
Old 08-14-2017, 10:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by deran View Post
a buddy of mine has some kind of xenophobia
cant go outside among other ppl without medicating first

so yeah - there are significant differences
What do you mean? Do your friend need to smoke pot to engage in social interactions? Personally, I'm a loner and always prefer to be alone when smoking. I used to smoke weed with friends. I guess it depend how cannabis may affect you.
Old 08-15-2017, 03:04 PM

Quote:
Do your friend need to smoke pot to engage in social interactions?
just that

otherwise he is full of fear towards other unknown to him ppl
Old 08-18-2017, 10:09 PM

I think to have finally found the answer to this question. Marijuana may not alter consciousness, it just enhance the saliency of social interactions: Endocannabinoid signaling in social behavior [eScholarship]

This would explain why deran's friend need to "medicate" to engage in social activity.
Old 08-27-2017, 06:17 PM

Default Yes

Of course it does. There are many differences, the ceiling effect will make even the best marijuana less effective, as well as how much is in your systemm. This is a reason why different strains and phenotypes are important. Try different strains and enjoy. You don't have to overanalyze your effects, accept and enjoy them. If you get no pleasure from marijuana in general or a certain strain, I have a few I do not prefer, then stay away from them.-bk

-"Marijuana people are the 'new' second class citizens. Now is the time to move up to first class."-bk
Old 08-27-2017, 10:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by budkeeper View Post
Of course it does. There are many differences, the ceiling effect will make even the best marijuana less effective, as well as how much is in your systemm. This is a reason why different strains and phenotypes are important. Try different strains and enjoy. You don't have to overanalyze your effects, accept and enjoy them. If you get no pleasure from marijuana in general or a certain strain, I have a few I do not prefer, then stay away from them.-bk
Thanks for sharing, bk. I was unaware of this "ceiling effect". In general I get a real intense high on my very first session since a few weeks off. Once I smoked this particular joint, the next sessions are less intense until I take a tolerance break. I wish to have the leisure to select a different strain from times to times!

Peace

tkadm30
Old 08-28-2017, 09:37 PM

No illusion, phyto cannabinoids act directly on the human endo cannabinoid system. Add to that the effects of terpinoids, and you have a huge array of possible psychotropic effects.

Last I looked they had found 145 different cannabinoids, and over 400 terpenes and terpinoids in Cannabis. The results of which means that there is a infinite number of possible variations in the effects of different strains. Making this plant likely the greatest natural pharmaceutical for humans ever discovered.
Old 10-08-2017, 07:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Sur View Post
No illusion, phyto cannabinoids act directly on the human endo cannabinoid system. Add to that the effects of terpinoids, and you have a huge array of possible psychotropic effects.
That is correct, the directed CB1 and CB2 receptors activation by THC directly stimulate your endocannabinoid system and is thought to be implicated in the potency of cannabis.

However, I still think that the psychotropic effects of cannabis are exclusively a mental phenomenon. It does not change the way we think of things independently of the dose and frequency of smoking. It just make social affiliations less stressful and more fun.
Old 10-08-2017, 09:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Northcliffe rose
Many ways to free your mind
Yes bro. Freedom from the crazy mind programming is the holy grail I seek everytime I smoke kush.

Peace

tk