Mr. Nice Forums  
Home History Strains Media Web Community Medical Marijuana Contact us Auctions

Go Back   MNS Forums > Medicinal plants > 9. Patients forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-18-2017, 10:29 AM

Default Medical vs recreational cannabis

Should there be a distinction between medical and recreational cannabis ?

Medicinal and recreational cannabis should be separate, say researchers - Health - CBC News
Old 07-18-2017, 10:55 AM

Default If Canada legalizes only medical cannabis, the black market wins.

There's a market for recreational cannabis, and people using recreational cannabis are not seeking "intoxication" but psychological wellness.
Cannabis is a psychological drug. It does not create addiction nor impair your cognitive skills. I don't understand why there should be a distinction between medical and recreational cannabis unless to stigmatize pot smokers into different classes.
Old 07-18-2017, 10:57 AM

When I look back at my past I often think that a lot of the recreational pot use was actually medicinal use, and that I was drawn into it because of the relief it brought, without even realizing. Same possibly applies to mushroom use.
Old 07-18-2017, 11:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by beauthebulldog View Post
When I look back at my past I often think that a lot of the recreational pot use was actually medicinal use, and that I was drawn into it because of the relief it brought, without even realizing. Same possibly applies to mushroom use.

very wise

some years back i was so anti towards our medicinal movement, like fuck those idiots and their excuses, we want total legalisation - now - and so on ...

till i realized, that only with the help of the medicinal weed movement things can be changed, i thought more about it, until i came to the conclusion that there is no recreational use, every use is medicinal, when you think about it

but most important thing is, my attitude has also changed, and i feel perfectly fine not beeing perfect and using this plant to become more perfect...
and this my friends is medicinal use, its doing well, its doing a good thing to me, thats what medicine is about

just previous night i had an upset stomach, then my buddy came over and brought some gorilla glue#4 medicine, i smoked a few bowls and all stomach issues went away, i could eat again and could drink again (without the inside going reverse outside)

thats it, so simple but so effective
Old 07-18-2017, 12:20 PM

These labels have nothing to do with the plant, but with regulating it and controlling people's use of it by government.
There is not medical or recreational tomatoes or corn.
Is there rec/med coffee?
Rec/med alcohol?

The definition of "medicine" today spans any field where pharmaceutical companies feel they can create a product that changes a feeling, trait or behavior that customers would be willing to pay to modify. The feeling/trait/behavior is labelled a condition or illness by a cooperating medical industry, and the productization race begins.

If they can turn growing hair and male erection stimulation, fatigue, sadness, anxiety, etc. or genetic traits, all natural human conditions, into medical ailments to be treated with pills: profit!

Many of these products are simply ways for people to manage the symptoms of their neglect of their own health/wellness.
Diet, exercise, sleep. People treat their bodies like crap and wonder why it's not working right. Rather than modify behavior to bring the body's signs of trouble back into balance, people look outside for a solution in pill form because they are lazy and trust multiple industries that see them only as a number on the bottom line. Big pharma, health care, agriculture, finance, govt.

Hippocrates said: "Let food be thy medicine and medicine be thy food." He perfectly captured the essence of human wellness that our modern pharma industry wants us to ignore.

Maybe organic, non-gmo, gluten free food should be labelled Medical food and regular industrial poison food can be labelled recreational.
When they take it that far, It will make sense to breakout cannabis like that to me.

You guys have totally nailed that issue of wellness and how unregulated, people (often subconsciously) choose cannabis to modify a variety of feelings/traits/behaviors that result in an improved life experience.

Cannabis is the ultimate natural wellness product. The vitamin or supplement to beat all supplements, and ultimately threatens the entire pharma/med/control system.

If we accept the fact that we are serfs, being allowed to navigate through life at the mercy of our rulers, that those rulers seek to control and exploit every facet of our existence, and that to avoid punishment for stepping out of the boundaries that they have defined for us to make it easier for them to profit from our lives, we must sometimes adopt structures and rules that make no sense, then med vs rec is fine.
If we see it as a stepping stone in changing cultural acceptance of cannabis and rejecting of 80 years of social engineering propaganda that will ultimately lead to more freedom, then med vs rec is fine.

But among ourselves, here in this group, lets be honest with ourselves.
Cannabis should be no more regulated than tomatoes.

In commercial productization of a plant consumed in the various ways we do with canna, the same tests and quality standards applied to medical should apply to rec. Shortcuts in production have great incentive to introduce substances that make canna unhealthy. Insecticides are poison, and with a million dollar + crop on the line, businesses may make bad decisions.
Let's not allow cannabis to become another poison like tobacco.

Guess I should read the article. I hope my ramble was relevant

Last edited by Old Spice; 07-18-2017 at 12:22 PM.
Old 07-18-2017, 04:09 PM

Default Psychological wellness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Spice View Post
These labels have nothing to do with the plant, but with regulating it and controlling people's use of it by government.
There is not medical or recreational tomatoes or corn.
Is there rec/med coffee?
Rec/med alcohol?

The definition of "medicine" today spans any field where pharmaceutical companies feel they can create a product that changes a feeling, trait or behavior that customers would be willing to pay to modify. The feeling/trait/behavior is labelled a condition or illness by a cooperating medical industry, and the productization race begins.

If they can turn growing hair and male erection stimulation, fatigue, sadness, anxiety, etc. or genetic traits, all natural human conditions, into medical ailments to be treated with pills: profit!

Many of these products are simply ways for people to manage the symptoms of their neglect of their own health/wellness.
Diet, exercise, sleep. People treat their bodies like crap and wonder why it's not working right. Rather than modify behavior to bring the body's signs of trouble back into balance, people look outside for a solution in pill form because they are lazy and trust multiple industries that see them only as a number on the bottom line. Big pharma, health care, agriculture, finance, govt.

Hippocrates said: "Let food be thy medicine and medicine be thy food." He perfectly captured the essence of human wellness that our modern pharma industry wants us to ignore.

Maybe organic, non-gmo, gluten free food should be labelled Medical food and regular industrial poison food can be labelled recreational.
When they take it that far, It will make sense to breakout cannabis like that to me.

You guys have totally nailed that issue of wellness and how unregulated, people (often subconsciously) choose cannabis to modify a variety of feelings/traits/behaviors that result in an improved life experience.

Cannabis is the ultimate natural wellness product. The vitamin or supplement to beat all supplements, and ultimately threatens the entire pharma/med/control system.

If we accept the fact that we are serfs, being allowed to navigate through life at the mercy of our rulers, that those rulers seek to control and exploit every facet of our existence, and that to avoid punishment for stepping out of the boundaries that they have defined for us to make it easier for them to profit from our lives, we must sometimes adopt structures and rules that make no sense, then med vs rec is fine.
If we see it as a stepping stone in changing cultural acceptance of cannabis and rejecting of 80 years of social engineering propaganda that will ultimately lead to more freedom, then med vs rec is fine.

But among ourselves, here in this group, lets be honest with ourselves.
Cannabis should be no more regulated than tomatoes.

In commercial productization of a plant consumed in the various ways we do with canna, the same tests and quality standards applied to medical should apply to rec. Shortcuts in production have great incentive to introduce substances that make canna unhealthy. Insecticides are poison, and with a million dollar + crop on the line, businesses may make bad decisions.
Let's not allow cannabis to become another poison like tobacco.

Guess I should read the article. I hope my ramble was relevant
Thanks for sharing, Old Spice. I totally agree with you that the definition of "medicine" does not seem to apply to cannabinoids. Why is THC, THCV, and CBD not considered for their neuroprotective properties?

Brain neuroprotection by cannabis sativa is a controversial subject. I think the recommendation to label medicinal and recreational cannabis "products" is occult and not based on scientific evidences of the safety and the effectiveness of cannabis sativa to achieve psychological wellness.

It is why BigPharma is promoting anti-cannabis laws to prohibit the use of a organic product not derived from patented designer molecules for neuroprotection purpose. Notice how recreational cannabis can be used for neuroprotection.

Neuroprotection also means prevention of cognitive dysfunctions like Alzheimer and Parkinson diseases: BigPharma is not interested in people using cannabis to prevent Alzheimer or epileptic seizures....

Cheers,

tkadm30
Old 07-18-2017, 04:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tkadm30 View Post
Thanks for sharing, Old Spice. I totally agree with you that the definition of "medicine" does not seem to apply to cannabinoids. Why is THC, THCV, and CBD not considered for their neuroprotective properties?

Brain neuroprotection by cannabis sativa is a controversial subject. I think the recommendation to label medicinal and recreational cannabis "products" is occult and not based on scientific evidences of the safety and the effectiveness of cannabis sativa to achieve psychological wellness.

It is why BigPharma is promoting anti-cannabis laws to prohibit the use of a organic product not derived from patented designer molecules for neuroprotection purpose. Notice how recreational cannabis can be used for neuroprotection.

Neuroprotection also means prevention of cognitive dysfunctions like Alzheimer and Parkinson diseases: BigPharma is not interested in people using cannabis to prevent Alzheimer or epileptic seizures....

Cheers,

tkadm30
Agreed!
I personally have had a couple of concussions in my day, and have extended family with every ailment you mentioned that would benefit immensely from cannabis but won't touch it because of the law.

Deran mentioned how it helps stomach problems which I also experience, and the anti-inflammation qualities of some of the strains I have worked with were simply amazing for arthritis.
Productizing a plant that can do all this with no IP protection is a serious threat to their entire global business.
Big pharma is one of the largest lobbies in the world, and their political influence is staggering.
It is amazing how much progress has been made considering.
Old 07-19-2017, 06:11 PM

Quote:
Productizing a plant that can do all this with no IP protection is a serious threat to their entire global business.
I think that is the root of the problem. The medical marijuana stream they're planning to sell in Canada is IP protected. It seem they really hate people growing their own stuff including cannabis, which may bypass their strict regulations on THC levels and the definition of "medical marijuana".

High THC marijuana is still a medicine. THC alone can kill cancer cells in vitro and in vivo. It makes no sense to stigmatize pot users smoking dank to have a head trip over people using marijuana as a medicine.

I suspect big pharma is attempting to hijack the medical marijuana "stream" and rebrand it as recreational weed...

Last edited by tkadm30; 07-19-2017 at 06:14 PM.
Old 07-22-2017, 02:21 AM

"I have heard" that you cannot patent a plant unless it is genetically modified. Otherwise, it is existing work. Can't claim it.
I may be wrong on that.

Are you saying that they have created a plant with custom DNA for production in Canada?
Old 07-22-2017, 08:38 AM

Quote:
Are you saying that they have created a plant with custom DNA for production in Canada?
Read this bro: https://www.mrnice.nl/forum/225008-post14.html