Mr. Nice Forums  
Home History Strains Media Web Community Medical Marijuana Contact us Auctions

Go Back   MNS Forums > Medicinal plants > 9. Patients forum

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-14-2014, 06:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skippy View Post
IMO, and supposing you've got good weed, the high you get is just a reflection of what's going on inside your head.
I think that's one component but there is definitely weed that makes my body feel heavy, uncomfortable, lethargic. And herb that does less so. Then I'm trying to find the weed that's on the opposite side of the spectrum. Weed that has a super light come down is a huge plus in my book. Most Indicas, and many of the popular commercial strains here in the US leave me feeling cruddy during and after the come down. Sometimes a headache sets in and I need to nap my way back to sobriety. That shit just isn't fun anymore. So the search is still on. This fall/winter looks promising for what's on my grow list. This is not a hobby for the impatient.
Old 08-14-2014, 11:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BullDogDad View Post
The weed we would get was always seedy as shit and compressed. Who knows where it came from. We always just called it "commercial". But it still packed a punch.
-B
2 words outdoor sativa, and your brain was a virgin.
Dj Short mentioned seeded weed has a better high.
Old 08-14-2014, 12:15 PM

the laughing stopped for me a hundred years ago <G>. However, I do like different strains than what is currently popular. I just finished a sativa/sativa hybrid grow and it provided me with a variety of phenos from somewhat indica leaning to full on land race sativa. I'm just testing the smoke but the sativas are not cured yet so no report. The previous grow was Mango Haze and that is a great strain for effect. The effect I call 'good' is one that I want to get up and do stuff, not just watch the world go by. But the giggles and laughing jags are not happening. Shit, by 1975 I wasn't laughing when the Acapulco Gold, Panama Red and other great sativas were popular. The laughing stopped around 1969-1970 when I went to work for a living (except for shrooms, 'cid, and NOS). Yut, we laughed our asses off in the mid sixties. And much of the herb was full of sticks, seeds and not that high grade.
Old 08-14-2014, 05:48 PM

Some varieties have this effect but little is in the market. I have numerous varieties that do this to me and others on a steady bases and it is what works best in my opinion, Thai. With out a afghani profile what so ever. indica may be used but best as a indian variety. Development is factor. if it takes under ten weeks nay.Next is the terpene profile. study ur terp. then develop ur own.
Old 08-14-2014, 08:48 PM

we made some brownies recently that were mixed... mainly la nina and little bit of immature cbd bud. I had a perma grin for about 2 hrs.

Last time I had uncontrollable laughter was with super lemon haze, but it was a comedy show. I think its a combo of lowered tolerance/good sativa/and a great atmosphere that brings out the giggles. The few times I've had good lemony bud, it always makes me happy.

But I also think theres something special about CBD that takes some of the edge off and lets the kinder cannabis effects take over.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fxginbcn View Post
Howard Marks once told me the strongest hash he ever smoked came from seeded bud.

for what it's worth, holy grail herb still exists and can be found in the winter months in the mountains of Oaxaca near San Jeronimo.
I'll second that! We vacationed for new years in the areas around Mazunte, San Agustinillo and Zipolite and then traveled down to Chiapas and Palenque. It was 10+ years ago. Lot of incredible places in MX.
Old 08-15-2014, 12:03 AM

hey, FXGINBCN

Can you tell us a little bit more about the holy grail strain of Oaxaca in San Jeronimo?

I'd love to hear more?
Old 08-15-2014, 12:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BullDogDad View Post
I think that's one component but there is definitely weed that makes my body feel heavy, uncomfortable, lethargic. And herb that does less so. Then I'm trying to find the weed that's on the opposite side of the spectrum. Weed that has a super light come down is a huge plus in my book. Most Indicas, and many of the popular commercial strains here in the US leave me feeling cruddy during and after the come down. Sometimes a headache sets in and I need to nap my way back to sobriety. That shit just isn't fun anymore. So the search is still on. This fall/winter looks promising for what's on my grow list. This is not a hobby for the impatient.
Growing the same plant indoors or outdoors changes the high IMO. Well grown outdoor weed seems lighter and more nuanced, while the some plant grown indoors has a heavier feel. Then take into account all the bug chemicals and PGR's used in indoor grows which act to change and dirty the high. The irony is that some people actually prefer that dirty chemical taste and the lethargy of indoor weed these days. I once heard a stoner turn up his nose at some excellent outdoor saying it tasted like dirt. Go figure.
Old 08-15-2014, 01:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fxginbcn View Post
Howard Marks once told me the strongest hash he ever smoked came from seeded bud.

for what it's worth, holy grail herb still exists and can be found in the winter months in the mountains of Oaxaca near San Jeronimo.
G`day FX

Nearly all traditional hash is from seeded plants bro .
Males , females and Herms all get thrashed down to polm .

You`ve seen the pix of fields . Unless they were fem seeds how you gonna pull all the males and herms in fields that big ?

Sinsemilla is a modern phenomenon .

Oward must be talkin about back in the 70s / 80s because bubble hash has far surpassed traditional hash for potency .
Afghani, Maroc, Pakistani and Indian fields have high CBD and mixed ratio THC / CBD plants grown together .

Happy now elmer?

Last edited by Mary Mary; 08-15-2014 at 03:40 AM.
Old 08-15-2014, 01:56 AM

Does anybody have a good reason why seeded herb would be better? The smoke from my heavily pollinated seed crop was harsh as hell. The taste was not nice, like Austin Powers says "it's a bit nutty"

Slightly seeded herb may be a different story though.
Old 08-15-2014, 03:45 AM

G`day PH

Mainly because thats the way it came imported .
When DJ and his contemporaries tried growing the seeds in Nth Merica they couldn`t get the plants mature in strong sun .

If they could have gotten seedless imports I`m pretty certain they would have prefered them .

I`ve grown and smoked plenty of both sinsemilla and seeded. Gimme seedless every time TY .

Happy now elmer?
Closed Thread