Mr. Nice Forums  
Home History Strains Media Web Community Medical Marijuana Contact us Auctions

Go Back   MNS Forums > Medicinal plants > 9. Patients forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-18-2008, 02:58 AM
barletta

Pounder, it's funny, the 'high' is supposed to be sooooo bad for humanity... I don't know if getting 'high' didn't relax me enough so that my mind/body could kick the headache. All I know is I blazed, then petted some doggies, and an otherwise crushing headache never came.

I haven't gotten another one yet (thank God). I'm prepared, however. I have some Spice, Shit, SuperSpice, SSH, and a lil MW ready to test in the event of. I know that I haven't been in this kind of shape physically in a LONG time. I quit smoking cigs (still smoke 5-10/wk, but have to walk 3 mi to get em..), and I have averaged 2-3 miles daily since ~ August 1ish.

Life is good.
Old 09-18-2008, 01:03 PM
SativaFan

If the headaches are "seasonal" have you considered allergies as the cause? Many types of fall pollen around from all sorts of sources.

SativaFan
Old 09-19-2008, 04:03 AM
barletta

They are exactly as described on the clusterheadaches.com w/s. Reading the forums almost made me cry, cause I feel for these people. I have no other allergies, and they have been diagnosed as 'migraines', so I am very confident that they are cluster headaches. I still haven't gotten a bad 1!!!

I have to think that being able to spend a few hours in the direct (globalwarming) sun is helping. Plus, the only stress in my life is security due to buds stress, and I have covered myself, so I'm in a good place. I was raised by women, and am a salesman by trade, so stress was my buddy.

I have been in the cluster by now in years past, and I am not getting anything consistently. The pre-cursors would be coming sort of regularly (~80%) at the same time daily. I woke up with a few a couple days back, but nothing full blown or even to where I HAD to lie down.

I'm chalking it up to:
1. General health - Smoke 28 less cigs a day, and walk 2-3 more miles than in yrs past...
2. Sun exposure. 1 other year in the last 5 or so, I didn't get them, and I was laying in the indian summer sun into mid October.
3. Low stress. My body isn't fighting stress, so maybe it is keeping the headaches at bay.
4. All the Dank I can shake my bic at. Not likely, as little is cured, and last fall I had a few spaghetti sauce jars too... Last fall was ROUGH, 6+ wks, and I was in school...
5. Positive vibes from you folks and the people close to me. Keep it up!
Old 10-04-2008, 03:34 PM
barletta

Yeah, well Ima real JO. That's Jerk Off if ya don't know. I was cruzing right along, NOT getting headaches, NOT smoking/eating fastfood, walking, reading etc... In the last 2 wks, I've been smoking more butts (avg 5-6 a day), walking less, and I got some double cheezeburgers the other day. Guess what? 3 of the last 4 days, I've woke up with what wants to be a cluster headache. This morning was the first 'crusher', but I was able to get to sleep. I need to roll J's or something, cause when they hit, ALL I want to do is water and sleep. I think about packing a bowl or something, but my body just keeps moving for water and back to bed. I even chuga-lugged last night thinking that if I went to bed well hydrated, it might help.

I woke up with a 'leftover' headache, and a few hits of outdoor spice and a big cup of 8 o'clock lumbo kicked it. Oh, a shower helped this morning. I was able to locate the spots on the 'swollen head nerve' that were bunched up easy, so I could massage em easy.

Still, Oct 4, and I've had 1 bad headache??? WOOO-HOOO!!!
Old 10-10-2008, 12:39 AM
barletta

I fukked around and caught a 'daywrecker' today. I was up all night last night so as not to sleep through sunrise (I have been staying up sort of late anyway lately 2-3am). Chopped, and scarfed down a few McD's b'fast sandwiches. Came home, whacked up bout 1/2 the fans, and needed to sleep. I went to sleep ~11:30am, and woke up @1pm with a bad one.

Woke up, and it was ~4/5 on the pain scale. Not enough to immobilize me, but enough to paralyze 1/2 my face, and get me worried bout a 'beast' (9+, crying and shit). I chugged some water and ate 2 excedrin. It slowly progressed to bout a 7. I was curled in bed with the 'cuddliest' dog for ~30 min @ a 7, rubbing my 'big head nerve'. ~2pm the pain subsided to ~2/3, but the heacache was still hanging around. I smoke some of the OD Shit which did NOTHING for the pressure/pain, but kicked me from 'overtired' to 'sleepy'. I was able to go to sleep from ~2:30-7ish.

No pain now, but I feel all 'fucked up', in a dis-oriented, ill sort of way. I was over-tired, underfed, de-hydrated, stressed and excited. I needed food/water/sleep, and I got some McD's and coffee...

This 'cycle' is the lightest that I've had since I figgured out what the hell was going on in my skull. Gonna smoke a blunt of some Sativa pheno SuperSpice and watch the NLCS (baseball). I HATE JOE BUCK (as an announcer, I have nothing personal against the guy.) Ima look for a way to listen to Vin Scully online, and mute the TV.
Old 10-15-2008, 10:37 PM
barletta

Caught 1 today, outdoor Spice did nothing. Got to ~7 on the pain scale (moaning, but not making deals with God...). I woke up with it, chugged water, ate a few excedrin with more water. Smoked a few hits, then went to lay down. I actually threw up today. It was because of the water and the pills, they were uncoated (work faster). ~An hour of sleep knocked it out. No 'lingering' headache, so I don't think that the cycle is getting worse. The decrease in sunlight is starting to slow down a lil, so I prolly only have a few more wks to worry bout them.

Tonight I'm rolling pinners of MW, SSH, and SuperShit. It is very difficult to get the weed in the bowl and lit when I'm all fukked up.
Old 10-19-2008, 01:24 PM
barletta

Woke up with a 'pre-cursor' today ~7:30. I drank ~a pint of water, and went back to bed. Still going @ 8:30. I ate some excedrin, and drank a lil more water. I packed a bowl of outdoor popcorn (I think MW and SuperShit) with 2 nice lil spots of bubble ~8:45. By 9:00 the headache (and all symptoms) were on the retreat, and by 9:30, gone.
Old 10-21-2008, 06:47 PM
barletta

I got 1 today. Got a lil relief from GROUND Shit and Spice (indoors, 7-10 days past 'ready'). Check 'today's' posts in Down Below for a walk-thru...

They are probably on the way out, and this season has been the kindest to me in recent memory.
Old 10-22-2008, 01:17 AM

Hi Barletta, Sorry to hear you have them bad headaches. I used to get them.I am not sure if they were migraines or cluster headaches or tension headaches. I would feel them coming on and the back of the neck gets stiff and eyes get sensitive to light and even noise and just about unbearable and had to go to the hospital a few times for a temerol shot that only numbed it enough but I could still feel the pulse of my head. I eventually found that if I took an ice pack on my neck and an anasin or two and went for a walk after about a mile the friggin thing would go away!! better then the temerol. They slowly stopped happening and I was never so glad so I feel for you B... damm things Showgirl
Old 10-22-2008, 01:53 AM
barletta

Hey shogirl, thanks fer stoppin by! I'm glad that you don't get them anymore. I hold out hope that I'll stop getting them eventually. Ice and walking both work, but ice is messy, and walking far from the bed when it is on the 'rise' is not a good idea for me. I like to go for walks after the fact to 'get with it'. Yours sound like migraine symptoms. I used to get them like that, but now I get little nausea (from the headache, the pills make me queasy), and light doesn't bother me as much as sound. I actually enjoy some reflected sunlight, but the dog's tail hitting the wall KILLS me.

The best things for me are: water, excedrin, sleep, weed, dogs. If I get to a 8+ on the pain scale, I'll eat a narcotic (perc/vicodin) just to fall asleep. So far nothing that bad this year.
8= moaning/rocking, face leaking uncontrolably, from 'affected' side starting to lose 'reason'
9= crying, deals w/God, throwin up from pain tolerance (shock?)
10= passed out from the pain