Home History Strains Media Web Community Medical Marijuana Contact us Auctions

Go Back   MNS Forums > Medicinal plants > 9. Patients forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-25-2013, 08:37 AM

Default Medical Marijuana for Canines

Stoner Dogs? Medical Marijuana for Canines - YouTube
Old 03-25-2013, 08:46 AM

Lightbulb Treating Lupus

I give my dog who has lupus medicated coconut oil every night made from low THC (10%) herb. Dogs don't show pain so I don't know if it helps, but she is more calm and sleeps better and I know the oil doesn't cause pain so all is well.

You should start off giving a small amount and work up. If they start having glassy stoned eyes you need to decrease dosage. The oil I made has .5g herb per tablespoon (15ml) and I give her half a teaspoon (0.5ml) per day. She weighs around 15 pounds (6kg).

I plan to start her on phoenix tears aka rick simpson oil in hope that it will have some added benefits.

Last edited by HHHG; 03-25-2013 at 08:48 AM.
Old 04-12-2013, 07:21 PM

I know hops and greyhounds dont mix.yeah let them use mj.
Old 04-13-2013, 07:05 PM

Default We all have it

The endocannabinoid system is THE regulatory system for all living beings on this planet with the exception of insects. It's over 500 million years older then the cannabis plant itself. Every human, dog, horse, cat, chicken, EVERYTHING, uses this to regulate life and maintain homeostasis. Apoptosis in a dog, is the same as apoptosis in a human, treat them the same. Adjust dosing for weight, and SLOWLY ramp them up! My animals ALL get hemp seed and or hemp seed oil in there diet also, as this supply's the living body with just the right ratio of essential oils it needs to convert INTO ENDO cannabinoids!
Many endocannabinoids are created ON DEMAND. get bonked on head, anandamide levels increase several thousand times, in seconds! IF you have enough essential oils ect IN YOU to make them with! And There in lies the root of most disease!
Any decent grower here knows that if you take 2 defiecient parent plants and breed them, you will have a defiecient youngling. Humans and animals and plants are no different. Much of what we call 'disease' is simply the result of these deficiencys, but they can began at CONCEPTION.
Old 04-13-2013, 07:42 PM

Yeah but not greyhounds and hops
Old 10-31-2013, 12:37 PM

Doug Kramer was my friend. RIP mate

“Vet Guru” and Medical Marijuana Veterinarian Dr. Doug Kramer Dead at 36
Posted on September 17, 2013 by The Daily Golden

According to on.AOL.com, Dr. Doug Kramer, aka “The Vet Guru” of Chatsworth, CA passed away on Thursday Aug 22, 2013. He was only 36 years old. So far I haven’t been able to find any information on the cause of death.. His obituary doesn’t specify, but does request donations be made to a cancer organization.drdoug

Dr. Kramer was a pioneer in medical marijuana for pets suffering from pain and/or cancer. He has been featured on pet friendly sites like Dogster and Paw Nation. I’m sure he endured a lot of criticism for his efforts. Personally speaking, I think it is a terrible loss, and hope that others take up the cause and continue to pioneer the research into this controversial “wonder herb” as it pertains to animals.

I did a blog post on Dr Kramer “Would You Use Medical Marijuana For Your Golden Retriever?” back in April of this year, including a poll. 93% of the voters (at the time of this post) say they would consider using it if their pet were suffering.
Old 10-31-2013, 02:42 PM

Hi Smokin Moose,

Here is a nice tribute to Dr. Doug by Julia Szabo…

Mourning the Death of a Dedicated Dog Doctor

For days, I had the brilliant, intuitive veterinarian Dr. Doug Kramer on my mind. The “VetGuru,” as he was known on Facebook and Twitter, and I had become friendly after I wrote an article about his advocacy of medical marijuana for dogs. I hadn’t spoken with Dr. Doug since August, the 19th to be exact, and kept meaning to call him, but the daily deadlines got in the way.

Then, today, I received an email notifying me that he was dead. He died on August 22, three days after our last conversation. Dr. Doug was 36.

I’ll never forget the profound personal and professional validation I felt when Dr. Doug first approached me about covering the controversial topic of cannabis and its documented power to relieve suffering in cancer patients. He’d studied my work, he said, and trusted me to tell this story accurately. From a fellow Taurus, that was some huge compliment; we are an opinionated zodiac tribe! I’m in New York and he was clear across the country, in California, yet from the beginning of our correspondence I felt a strong bond of kinship with him, although we never met in person.

The story I wrote was picked up by numerous media outlets, including Andrew Sullivan’s blog, and word spread throughout the world of Dr. Doug’s noble mission to administer medical marijuana, in carefully measured doses, to alleviate animal suffering.

We remained phone pals, checking in every few weeks, sometimes spending hours talking. At times, he sounded on the verge of tears as he described the many animals he knew were suffering, animals whose owners contacted him pleading for help, and his growing frustration with the laws that prevented him from easing their pain. More even than his diagnostic skills and stellar bedside manner, Dr. Doug’s sensitive nature is what endeared him to his patients and their guardians.

On July 29, I completed my book Medicine Dog, and on August 3, I emailed him the relevant segment of the final chapter, which mentions him and his pioneering work, to secure his approval. He said it was just fine.

Just fine was how I assumed he was, too. I never imagined that this brave, young man wouldn’t be around to help animals and people for a very long time. He always listened, with profound compassion and professionalism, to my problems, and those of my dogs. When I was at my wits’ end over what to feed my gastrointestinally challenged German Shepherd Desiree, it was Dr. Doug who — without ever meeting Desiree — came up with the brilliant idea to feed her Science Diet Z/D Ultra, to resolve the ghastly digestive difficulties she’d suffered for so long. I secured a prescription, and Dr. Doug’s RX worked — and continues to work — like a charm.

Now it’s with a heavy heart that I must return to the manuscript I’d already put to bed, to make a few last editorial changes, in light of today’s terrible news. As I wrote in the final chapter, “The untimely passing of a gifted healer is a terrible loss, not only to immediate family, friends, and clients, but also to veterinary medicine as a whole, and to the people who depend on its practitioners to maximize time with beloved animals.”

Heaven’s animals now have a brilliant personal physician on call 24/7. Farewell, dear Dr. Doug. You will be missed.

http://http://pet-reporter.com/blog/mourning-the-death-of-a-dedicated-dog-doctor/
Old 10-31-2013, 10:43 PM

Blessings for posting this. I had not seen this article.
Damn, but going by those dates, I talked to Doug 4 days before he passed. He was worried that he may have overstepped the mark as he was battling a lot of negative issues over his courageous stance on mmj and pets.
Go with the angels mate.
Old 03-10-2014, 06:24 AM

Smile My dog's Lupus symptoms CURED with cannabis oil

Quote:
Originally Posted by HHHG View Post
I give my dog who has lupus medicated coconut oil every night made from low THC (10%) herb.

I plan to start her on phoenix tears aka rick simpson oil in hope that it will have some added benefits.
One of the symptoms of lupus is that fur stops growing. Shortly after our Pomeranian was diagnosed with lupus a few years ago, we got her annual summer shave since we lived in the hot south and Poms have a THICK coat. It grew back in patches, with much of it never growing back and making her look like she had mange. She also had sores on her skin caused by the disease.

A couple months ago I switched her to 1 capsule per day of RSO made from a strong Medicine Man. Each capsule has 2 short grain rice size oil which is approximately 0.06 grams. I am happy to report that she now has her full fluffy fur coat back and no more sores.

Absolutely nothing was changed except for the addition of the oil and it happened so rapidly that I can see no other explanation than the oil cured her fur and skin problems. We are taking her to the vet soon for blood work so it will be interesting to see if the oil improved any of her lupus numbers.
Old 03-10-2014, 03:57 PM

I'm cautious about recommending cannabis for dogs because not all dogs are happy with it - however, our very oldest dog gets a CBD rich strain in coconut oil every day and has seen huge benefit from it.

Despite being well for his age he he can be quite slow and weighed down by arthritic pains and stiffness. The coconut infusion seems to turn the tipping point back in his favour and he is cheerful and much more limber on walks, it's quite a dramatic change sometimes.

He seems to like being stoned too

RIP Dr. Kramer.