Mr. Nice Forums  
Home History Strains Media Web Community Medical Marijuana Contact us Auctions

Go Back   MNS Forums > Medicinal plants > 9. Patients forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-11-2012, 03:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by resinbud View Post
Hello Hempy, & Morphote and everyone else following this thread on {The CBD Experiment}. I read everything you listed, and is very informative information to go along with this experiment I am sharing with you and everyone else at MNS.

I am experimenting with Hemp as an Experiment, and plan higher THC if this is possible as well as High CBD content. I have this vision of higher amounts of THC/CBD, but felt people would see it silly for the amounts I will be breeding. This amount is 25%THC/ 30%CBD's or higher.

I am a Biologist you know, and I think differently than you and I am sorry you feel the way you do, and I have no negative feelings about you. I am very happy you stopped by as well as Morphote.

I hope this doesn't sound confusing to you and I will try and help you understand me better as time goes on at MNS.

It is the essential of love not to love self, but to love others, and to be conjoined with others by love. It is the essential of love, moreover, to be loved by others, for thus conjunction is effected.

peace, resinbud
Resinbud you can hold all the qualifications you like but the point here is this YOU are planing on breeding with HEMP and then wanting to pass it on to the sick that is madness in its self.

You your self sed one of your main reasons for this project was due to cannabis giving people red eyes after smoking it correct ? And that is insane in its self to read and for it to be a reason to breed with hemp is even worse.

I just showed you in the last 2 posts i made you have no clue or understanding of the value of what THC brings to the table for medical use in medical cannabis.

And i also showed you the direction you need to be going if you are in fact wanting to breed medical cannabis resinbud so do us all a favor and the plant known as cannabis by throwing your hemp in the trash.

There is reason why people like shanti that know what there doing when it comes to breeding are focusing on 1.1 thc cbd plants and that's because both these and other components of the cannabis plant have medical values and did you notice i used the ward cannabis plant and not hemp plant resinbud by chance.

Also a another myth resinbud that you and others need to wake up to is this that plant lines with high THC like Asian and African sativa do in fact hold valuable medical values also and its not just plants with high CBD values alone that hold medical value but you wouldn't know this as you clearly dont have a need for medical cannabis or you just have not done any real research into this project have you.

I have been a medical cannabis user since 85 i believe i first discover the value of cannabis as medicine after an industrial axident and went from using cannabis to just get high to using it for medical needs and recreational use well before cannabis was even thort of as medical.

There are many people just like you resinbud who are filling the boards with misinformation regarding cannabis and worse medical cannabis that sick people depend on and that's why i posted.

You see resinbud i dont want to see others out there going to there local ditch weed and thinking by using it with other lines they have to breed with they will end up with medical grade cannabis line as that's clearly not whats going to result is it.

I also dont like reading people posting and saying how bad THC is for medical use as that's a lie also and i lest of all like seeing people who are il or in pain being feed wrong or misleading information.

Sativas are good medicine do not under estimate the value of them but like all medications resin bud what works for one person may not for the next and as a Biologist you of all people should be aware of this.

You could have 10 people all suffering from the same problem and yet there all not medicated the same as we are all different and that is also the case with cannabis.

I am not your friend resinbud but i am not your enemy ether but please dont be the enemy of the cannabis plant by breeding ditch weed.
Old 09-11-2012, 03:59 AM

Some interesting points hempy, I believe thc is without question a medical juggernaut and should not be overlooked for such. There are theories abound across the globe concerning many things, including the origins of many species of cannabis. I believe one of many rumors concearning the origins of Jamaican cannabis involves the hybridization of hemp varieties with more potent drug type strains.

A number of theories surrounding strains have been put forth throughout the years, from Chinese and Indian workers brought in to help build railroads to magic carpet rides into Afghanistan, India and Pakistan by '60s generation hippies.

Basic community rules for the Mr Nice Seedbank forum
http://www.mrnice.nl/forum/1-about-w...ank-forum.html
Old 09-11-2012, 05:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JessE View Post
Some interesting points hempy, I believe thc is without question a medical juggernaut and should not be overlooked for such. There are theories abound across the globe concerning many things, including the origins of many species of cannabis. I believe one of many rumors concearning the origins of Jamaican cannabis involves the hybridization of hemp varieties with more potent drug type strains.

A number of theories surrounding strains have been put forth throughout the years, from Chinese and Indian workers brought in to help build railroads to magic carpet rides into Afghanistan, India and Pakistan by '60s generation hippies.
Well fact is sativas Indian in origins were used to make rope sails and so on and they were called hemp but unlike hemp that's grown today those old sativa lines called hemp got you very high.

Hemp plant
Hemp is a common name for Cannabis and the name is most used when this annual plant is grown fo r non-drug purposes. When grown for industrial purposes hemp is called, often, industrial hemp.

There is plenty of evidence of that here and else were around the world were early fleets would stop re supplied and move on to there destination.

There were wild crops of these early Indian sativas in Australia and they were called Indian hemp also and they were found growing wild not far from Brisbane a main city of the state of Queensland and and in other locations like NSW were there were 3 well known wild crops 1/ Newcastle 2/ was the nepean river and 3/ was the hawkesbury river area.

The Newcastle wild crop was made famous as the hippies went there in droves and harvested wild cannabis in the 60s i think now and there's rumors that line is in the madness but no one could say for sure now.

Point is this sativas were called hemp and they got you very high just because a strain is left to go wild dose not mean its drug value will decrease over time its genetic.

Read this .

The Yanghai Tombs near Turpan, Xinjiang-Uighur Autonomous Region, China have recently been excavated to reveal the 2700-year-old grave of a Caucasoid shaman whose accoutrements included a large cache of cannabis, superbly preserved by climatic and burial conditions. A multidisciplinary international team demonstrated through botanical examination, phytochemical investigation, and genetic deoxyribonucleic acid analysis by polymerase chain reaction that this material contained tetrahydrocannabinol, the psychoactive component of cannabis, its oxidative degradation product, cannabinol, other metabolites, and its synthetic enzyme, tetrahydrocannabinolic acid synthase, as well as a novel genetic variant with two single nucleotide polymorphisms. The cannabis was presumably employed by this culture as a medicinal or psychoactive agent, or an aid to divination. To our knowledge, these investigations provide the oldest documentation of cannabis as a pharmacologically active agent, and contribute to the medical and archaeological record of this pre-Silk Road culture.

Phytochemical and genetic analyses of ancient cannabis from Central Asia

It proves sativas were used for medicine long ago and it would get you high the ancient Greeks used it so did the Romans and many others for medicine and recreation in short to get high odds are Alexander the greats exploits into India brought back the cannabis plant.

sativas were used for both there drug value and medicine but also for fiber oil and the rest were modern hemp breeds were breed for fiber.

Many of the old hemp seed strains of pre-war Japan can no longer be legally cultivated because they don't meet the low THC-requirements imposed by some prefectural governments. This is even though the Cannabis Control Law does not specify any THC limits and regulates only based on the intended purpose of the crop. The Nagano prefectural government is refusing to issuing licenses to grow the traditional local mountain hemp and will only permit cultivation of a specially bred low-THC strain called "Tochigishiro". That strain was developed at Hiroshima University and its main cannabinoid is CBDA. Some old hemp farmers complain that it produces fibre of inferior quality when compared to more traditional strains that do contain noticable amounts of THC.

Psychoactive cannabis in Japan

More Proof it was used for medicine in china.

Artifacts recovered from sites in China indicate hemp was cultivated since the remote beginnings of agriculture settlements and used for making textiles as well as for food and medicine and fibers for weapons. Chinese military were given the upper hand when they discovered that hemp fibers provided much stronger bowstrings than bamboo. As a result, hemp was the first agricultural war crop. Chinese royalty set aside large portions of land exclusively to cultivating hemp for this purpose. Called the ‘land of hemp and mulberry’, China prized the mulberry because it was the food of the silkworm and hemp because it was what everyone used everyday (food and oil from the seed, cordage from the fiber, stitching, textiles, and clothing from the stalk, medicinal concoctions from the female flowers, and fertilizer when the leaves were returned to the earth to rebuild the soil).
Although the earliest traces of hemp fabric have disappeared, archeological research reveals that hemp cords were twisted together and imprinted on the sides of pottery dating back 12,000 years.

History of Hemp

Stick with indicas or sativas that were also called hemp in the old days and leave the modern bread lines of hemp for paper and not for medical cannabis breeding ha.
Old 09-11-2012, 10:31 AM
Banned

I've learn't some new things from Hempy's posts in this thread, so thanks RB for starting the thread (and GL with your experiments) and thanks Hempy for further enhancing my knowledge of Hemp

GM1
Old 09-11-2012, 01:56 PM

This has turned into a very interesting discussion with a lot of good information, thx RB and Hempy. I asked a question at the beginning of this thread and just read the whole thing thru (been gone). At this juncture with CBD and medical, in its infancy with breeding, growing, trials, etc., I don't think anybody really knows yet what the total results and impact will be.

I'll ask another question. Does anybody really know what the breeding with "hemp" would have on its use for medical? Personally, I believe there is also a play with the terpenoids.

Also, @ Hempy, I don't think RB was looking to breed out "red eye", I believe he said he had a cannabis line that is without it.

Just some thoughts,
Bh

Quote:
my #30 MW Giant x NH #5 male. This plant never gives me Blood Shot eyes and the High is neutral in affect with 40% euphoria and a feeling of piece with no paranoia, and makes you feel very much in control, even driving is stress free.
Old 09-11-2012, 02:52 PM

Know your medicine?
CBD:

THC:

CBN:
Old 09-11-2012, 08:16 PM
Breeder and moderator

Hi

nice little videos that seem to explain simply the CBD and THC effects clearly. They do a fine job for people to understand if they watch it a few times.
Thanks for sharing those videos and i am sure they will help many understand more of the purposes of enriching known strains to medicinal levels of CBD . Well done all the best sb

"Care about what other people think and you will always be their prisoner." -Lao Tzu

all the best,
Shantibaba
http://www.mrnice.nl
https://shop.mrnice.nl
Old 09-12-2012, 12:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hempy View Post
Well fact is sativas Indian in origins were used to degradation product, cannabinol, other metabolites, and its synthetic enzymeHemp[/url]

Stick with indicas or sativas that were also called hemp in the old days and leave the modern bread lines of hemp for paper and not for medical cannabis breeding ha.
Awesome info in those links Hempy, thanks.....
Important point here in one of your links.....

"Before worldwide laws against cannabis were introduced over the last few decades, there was no real incentive to breed plants specifically for low THC yield. There is no known genetic link between qualities desirable in fibre plants and low THC-yield. In fact, since the resin acts as a natural repellant against insects and other pests it is likely that more resinous plants are more robust. Thus plants could be usable both as industrial crops grown for fibre and seed and for medical and recreational purposes."
Old 09-12-2012, 12:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Betterhaff View Post
This has turned into a very interesting discussion with a lot of good information, thx RB and Hempy. I asked a question at the beginning of this thread and just read the whole thing thru (been gone). At this juncture with CBD and medical, in its infancy with breeding, growing, trials, etc., I don't think anybody really knows yet what the total results and impact will be.

I'll ask another question. Does anybody really know what the breeding with "hemp" would have on its use for medical? Personally, I believe there is also a play with the terpenoids.

Also, @ Hempy, I don't think RB was looking to breed out "red eye", I believe he said he had a cannabis line that is without it.

Just some thoughts,

Bh
Hi no he did say that Betterhaff in 2 posts here is the comments from the the posts.

Quote:

I believe that High CBD plants will keep your eyes normal and never Blood Shot, and my first project breeding with the Hemp pollin will be my #30 MW Giant x NH #5 male. This plant never gives me Blood Shot eyes and the High is neutral in affect with 40% euphoria and a feeling of piece with no paranoia, and makes you feel very much in control, even driving is stress free.

This project will start after new pictures are up in the next week or so. peace, resinbud

Quote:
Hello XXX... Please understand that many people in the world are sick, and this medical professional only wants to help people in need. Please understand, that the sick don't want to feel high, and they only want to feel normal without feeling stoned with blood shot eyes.

peace, resinbud
Any way no point arguing or beating a dead horse.

Watch this.

Indica and Sativa Classification - YouTube

These were interesting also.

Cannabinoid Profile: THCA - YouTube

Cannabinoid Profile: THCV - YouTube

This was interesting it shows the first legal hemp grow in the USA since the plant called hemp or also known as cannabis was made elegal and even tho the plants were from a hybridized line with low THC it was still seized because it still did not met the low THC requirement.

Hemp Field, Americas 1st legal Industrial hemp - YouTube

The facts are these cannabis the drug plant was also called hemp it was also named the plant of the gods it was the most important plant for many 1000s of years and still is.

They used the frame of the plant for its fiber they used the seed for oil and protein and they used the flowers for medicine and also to get high and they used the leaf and remaining bits to fertilize the soil.

They in recent times hybridized it to produce more fiber and lowered its THC values focusing on fiber value alone while others breed and focused there breeding on bringing people faster larger yielding drug crops.

The fact that Asian hemp plants like those that were found in china 1000s of years ago that were used by sharmen tells me they were also drug crops and those found in japan even today that are native there yet the locals are not allowed to grow them due to there high THC content compared to those of the modern hemp fiber plants should tell you hemp was not just used for fiber threw the times.
Old 09-12-2012, 12:41 AM

Hi all,
This is one of the better discussions on the forum for sometime, well done to all involved. I believe the root to some of the CBD experiments and less severity in terms of blood shot eyes all ultimately has origins in Shanti and crews collaboartion on the cbd lines. So to me this is all an extension of the work being done currently by the forums founder and collaborators.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shantibaba View Post
Hi BH and All

think you said it well, like slipping into a warm bath...

Interested to hear how the affects are with your friends . Check something for me if you can ...do not smoke anything one day and then smoke a few hits or a few joints or what ever you do of the cbd enriched strain and check the eyes of all who do it as we noticed no red eye was one of the noticeable difference that manifest....even after huge amounts of the meds.

Well done and always good to hear from several growers of the same strains to see their results, good bad or ugly....be well all the best Sb
http://www.mrnice.nl/forum/170221-post20.html

Basic community rules for the Mr Nice Seedbank forum
http://www.mrnice.nl/forum/1-about-w...ank-forum.html