Mr. Nice Forums  
Home History Strains Media Web Community Medical Marijuana Contact us Auctions

Go Back   MNS Forums > Medicinal plants > 8. After the harvest

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-25-2007, 03:33 AM
hempy

hiya bandit like i sed lots of ways to cure but theres a right and rong way to do it the right way is to dry the plant or plants or flowers first then you start the cure and dry the flowers as they sweat and the rong way is to not dry the flowers first or to air dry the flowers as the sweat.

The reson i use the plastic shopping bags is as you open them they open up exposing a greater erea to air dry when they start to sweat and i normaly put say 4 oz to say 8 oz max dry in each.

If i was to use papper bags to cure were i am the flowers would over dry as papper bags absorbs a lot of moisture .

Before i start to cure my flowers they are dry on the plants hanging infact close to were i could put a flower in my hand and hand mull it / crumbile it up but 24 to 48 hours later you know they become moist once sealed in a container or bag why we cure.

I dont use glass jars to store my cured flowers i use zip lock bags then i place them into large coffe tins .

Like i sed mate cureing is very importent and i have sean a few say you cure flowers in mason / glass jars well unless you have a few loos flowers siting in the glass jar you cant.

Theres lots of ways to get to the end resolt being cured flowers that can be stored and injoyed for a long time its not about how you go about it its about getting to the end resolt and not opening up your stay 1 or 2 months later to find its moldy and not smokeuble.
Old 06-05-2007, 01:23 PM

Default cure?

i still haven't had the surplus to cure,, yet
Old 06-06-2007, 08:02 PM

usually running out by the time you could call em "cured" myself
Old 06-26-2007, 03:19 AM
Scorpion

I still use the old fashion method,
cut and hang unside down in a barn,garage,shed,anyplace calm secure and dry...
when the fan leaves will snap off clean,i then trim plant branches down to smaller managable sizes,these go into carbord boxes ,layed into a neat row and left until dry ...as soon as the buds will break off at the main stem I manucure and place into zips/tupperware/plastic trash bags...and seal as to Draw Out any remaining moisture from middle of plant material.{BUDS}
about once a day I open up these containers to let the moisture escape and the flowers to breath,and continue until cure is complete...Bud stems should snap when done...

peace
Old 07-06-2007, 11:17 AM

still no surplus , it seems peeps like mad dog 20/20 instead of a fine port.
Old 07-07-2007, 11:12 AM

Thumbs up Cure

Hi all,

It's like what hempy said in the title ,i think myself,once you cure thats it,you wont smoke unripe bud again,like some have said in some strains raw potency might not change much,but smell,taste and quality of the high within the herb will change 100% better.

I for one feel,to have put 4,5 months into caring for a strain,then to smoke it up in a flash dry,would be a crime to the Breeders who have put alot of passion into their creations,and will not be a true report for any strain.

I read along time ago about chemical change within mj after 1 month of drying/curing,and when i put this into practice on my first grow,well blow your hair back shit to say the least,if i had not done that,i might not have been posting this today.

Just another view,hope some more will try the info in this informative thread.

peace all.

MNS Wish List : NL#5Haze , G13Haze , MangoHaze IBL
Old 08-18-2007, 03:22 AM
JessE

Without a doubt, curing your bud is the most important step. A good cure makes all the difference in the world.
Old 08-23-2007, 04:26 PM

Hi Guys, my bubblegum buds have been curing in jars for about 4 weeks now, i've been burping the jars every day up until start of this week then just burping every second day, should i continue burping every second day then maybe after a week or 2 burp about every 4-5 days?, I have to say the difference in taste /smell /buzz is alot better even with just under a months cure, peace, Herb
Old 10-19-2007, 01:07 AM

Default Water Curing Anyone?

I have water cured a few times with much enthusiasm on taste and potency. If you haven't tried it you will be happy with the results.I submerge the buds under water like I was taught for 7 days. Change the water once a day for 7 days. seventh day put in dehydrator and dry 95%. I put in jars and thats it. The smoke is smoother, and alot more potent!. I was told increase can be as high as 25% or more potent. I can attest that this is true. The hardest part of this curing method is submerging the buds in the water definately works. peace, resinbud
Old 10-31-2007, 10:47 PM

Never had the chance to try water curing , I d only do it for a sample bud, anyway since many say it works , it must work..One thing I believe is helping is chlorophyll being carried away with the water so its better to smoke.

Can you post a pic from a water cured bud?