Home History Strains Media Web Community Medical Marijuana Contact us Auctions

Go Back   MNS Forums > Medicinal plants > 8. After the harvest

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-06-2011, 12:45 AM

Default after cure?

hi everyone

new to this forum.. but im a full time student at gardenscure

anyway

was wondering if someone would describe for me what is generally considered cured bud

for example..
do you preferr your buds dry tothe point where they break up with ease and burn through a joint without it going out

or

do you preferr it while its still holding moisture, sticky, hard to break up, and the joint wont stay lit unless you toke it often

i have dialed in my style pretty well.. everything looks dynamite through and through but im a little unsure of the finish dry/cure since i have nothing to compare it too
Old 02-06-2011, 08:05 AM

hi BGB, welcome to the MNS forum.

on a scale from 1-10, 1 being 0% moisture and 10 being straight off the plant, the general consensus is somewhere right in the middle.

i prefer mine about a 3 on the 1-10 scale. a very little bit of moisture to give the bud some shape and a nice consistency while breaking it up.

it should still be a little sticky toward to the center of a dense bud, but not be "stringy" from too much moisture. also, it shouldn't crumble to a dusty powder but but the joint/cone should burn smoothly like a manufactured tobacco cigarette.

when its too wet, a bowl needs to be continually relit and and the bud constantly shifted after each drag, when it attaints a perfect moisture a bowl should burn easily but not all with one toke.

there's a definitely a point where its too dry, and if you're stash reaches that point you can mingle a leaf of fresh lettuce with your bud to let it regain some moisture.

it takes time to cure properly and at times you may think its dry until you leave the lid on the jar for a few days only to find moist bud when you reopen them.

hope that helps, moisture content is definitely a factor in overall quality.

enjoy your flowers!
Old 02-06-2011, 08:31 AM

Nice post multistrain.. I am a bit like you I think when it comes to moisture in ze bud.

I only smoke chillums and I find with very dry bud the burn is far too harsh and can hurt my throat. When its moist, the smoke is a little bit cooler and less harsh.

Its Nice To Be Important.. But Its More Important To Be Nice..
Old 02-06-2011, 09:12 AM

Buy yourself something to measure humidity in your glasses.

I don't say it's the best way or the only way, but I like it a lot.

What sold me on the meters is this thread... A perfect cure every time - International Cannagraphic Magazine Forums

I don't advice to do anything stated in that thread, but I did and sure don't have any more mold in my glasses. That alone is worth gold in my opinion.