Mr. Nice Forums  
Home History Strains Media Web Community Medical Marijuana Contact us Auctions

Go Back   MNS Forums > Medicinal plants > 8. After the harvest

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-05-2010, 09:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt Rize View Post
Agreed. Cali gets HOT in the summer, so hot. And the tap water comes out Words of wisdom from the bubbler himself. I believe pressing wet hash forms an emulsion of sorts, a mix of the oil (hash) and water. Once this emulsion is formed the water can never be removed. The water acts as a solvent and makes people think their hash is "extra bubbly" but that is complete BS.
Very important piece of info right here. Lost a few g's because of this. Wasn't gonna do bubble again because of this. No I will try again, all I need is trim .

Thanks Matt, really good to check my own method for flaws.
Old 12-05-2010, 02:30 PM

Thumbs up

Hey Nutella and Matt,

I appreciate the input. In addition to processing trim, I actually got the bags initially to salvage moldy buds- I was loosing a lot of yield growing outdoors. I understand your feelings on smoking hash made from moldy buds, as I felt much the same way when I first heard of processing them. But I have done a couple rounds, and still run on a daily basis with pretty healthy lungs- for an ex-cigg smoker at least . Wish I had the quantity to where I could just get rid of the affected bud.

About the solvent extraction, I was thinking about that, but may that extract even better the organic molecules found in the mycelium? Mixing may break up the mycelium enough to pass through the filter but much of the organic molecules should still be associated with the mycelium pieces?

So, to be safe it sounds wise to mix for a little longer, and maybe harder, than you may if you were using unaffected material to increase the chances of breaking up the mold into small enough fragments to pass through?

Thanks again guys for the responses!

Peace!

Last edited by GreenFever; 12-05-2010 at 02:32 PM. Reason: Grammar
Old 12-05-2010, 10:56 PM

Quote:

I want to stress that drying your ice water extraction (bubble hash) is crucial, as moist hash will mold. A buddy of mine just had his bubble returned from the dispensary because it molded... what a waste of concentrate.

If I had not read that I would have found out the hard way. I do appreciate that.

I also would have never thought of grating my bubble either. Again, thank you.

I bought the elcheapo (I will catch up with yall soon enough) bubble(ish) bags and have only done one small run. I had never smoked has in my life. It was Goooood and I finally slept. Me and sleep dont get along. I try to make up with sleep all the time but she wont hear it.

Knows nothing about growing grass, wants to know everything
Old 12-05-2010, 11:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasMonster View Post
If I had not read that I would have found out the hard way. I do appreciate that.

I also would have never thought of grating my bubble either. Again, thank you.

I bought the elcheapo (I will catch up with yall soon enough) bubble(ish) bags and have only done one small run. I had never smoked has in my life. It was Goooood and I finally slept. Me and sleep dont get along. I try to make up with sleep all the time but she wont hear it.
Hey, you are welcome. The grater method I claim to have invented as I alone have posted this technique, and have been instructing folks to do this for years. Its the easiest and safest way to dry your bubble.

Concentrates and sleep, you have found your solution. I like to eat hash, infused into coconut oil and then put into capsules, before bed.
Old 12-06-2010, 10:32 PM

Quote:
The grater method I claim to have invented as I alone have posted this technique
lol
Old 12-06-2010, 11:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nutella View Post
lol
was at work one day making some zest, and thought "i can do this to my hash" because i had been having a hard time breaking it up. the hash has to be the right stage of dry for the grating to work, usually between 12 and 24 hours of dry time. and microplanes make all the difference.
Old 12-09-2010, 09:41 PM

Great read.. Thank you bro I learned a lot.
Old 12-10-2010, 03:40 AM
Donald Mallard

i tried the washing machines , had the xl bubblenow for a while , i probably overpacked the bags and lost a lot of material there ,, i didnt yeild anything like i thought i would ,, but the quality was ok ,, c ould have been a mix of the material the overpacking , but really i expected a much bigger yeild ....

anyhow ,, i ended up buying a large cement mixer .. and boy they do an excellent job of mixing the material without damaging too much .. the ice stays frozen more .. and the quality of the hash was very very good ...
got a pic somewhere just have to load it ....
Old 12-10-2010, 04:24 AM
Donald Mallard

ok heres a few pics ....

Old 12-10-2010, 04:27 AM
Donald Mallard