Mr. Nice Forums  
Home History Strains Media Web Community Medical Marijuana Contact us Auctions

Go Back   MNS Forums > Medicinal plants > 8. After the harvest

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-25-2010, 07:36 PM

Default Adding "flavor" after cure ?

Has anyone experimented with adding flavorings to enhance or change the taste of the smoke ?
I have a friend who dies for sweet tastes and I am looking for a way to make a total sweet treat , like tuti fruiti or something real tropical .
I did play around a little with Tasty Puff drops , thought there was much room for improvement . So...

Any ideas or experiences ?
Old 08-26-2010, 01:42 PM

why not try better strains. it makes more sense to me to grow something that tastes better rather than try to change the flavour of bad tasting buds, unless the bad tasting buds are the best meds ever i would just grow something else. there are plenty of great tasting strains available.
Old 08-26-2010, 08:41 PM

I would think the flavor should not consist of sugar,---cane sugar anyway. The smell and taste of burnt sugar is not nice. I can't think of any flavor though without it. Good Luck Shog
Old 08-27-2010, 05:14 PM

try some of them flavoured blunt things, just get the flav ya want and stick a couple sheet in the jar overnight.

tried it once with a little blueberry, and stuck blueberry blunt paper in, and it worked
Old 08-29-2010, 08:26 PM

Thanks for the feedback so far everyone . I guess I am thinking along the lines of booze... We all know the difference in taste from drinking straight up verses using a bunch of mix . The mix only effects the overall taste and not the potency of the drink , though you will need to drink more .
I am hoping to achieve the same kind of thing with weed . I plan on using MNS Mango Haze , since it already has a slight "sweetness" to it , besides isn't MNS the best of the best beans in the world ? So with that in mind , I have been giving the combustion issue about additives further thought . I think the best route of administration would be via a vaporizer . This would eliminate the burning issue as long as I keep the combustion temps of the "flavoring" in mind .
I really want to shoot for a tropical fruity flavor and avoid the smells nice, but tastes like crap syndrome . Of course all natural ingredients or extracts must be used . The search continues ...
Old 08-31-2010, 12:57 PM
Tieguanyin

I think you are probably in a very small group wanting to do this; mine own feeling is that, rather like tea the higher the quality, the more naturally flavoursome & generally pleasant to consume it is, and flavouring a poorer quality product won't really hide all it's deficits
However resting your medicine in jars with various spices might work for you; many are already used to flavour tobacco; some may be easier to transfer flavour from (such as vanilla pod) so you may have to experiment and grind some up etc.
Orange Peel Clove Cardamon vanilla cinnamon are all obvious first choices to try as well as many of the culinary herbs - Chive Skunk anyone?
Old 09-02-2010, 05:54 PM
Scorpion

Quote:
Originally Posted by ozonerider View Post
Has anyone experimented with adding flavorings to enhance or change the taste of the smoke ?
I have a friend who dies for sweet tastes and I am looking for a way to make a total sweet treat , like tuti fruiti or something real tropical .
I did play around a little with Tasty Puff drops , thought there was much room for improvement . So...

Any ideas or experiences ?
just grow a sweet tasting variety.
Black Widow,some select Skunk#1 plants,
Most well bred Haze Hybrids {AfghanxHaze}
Select Mango Widow plants
ASH selection*
Ive seen the strawberry and coconut,banana flavorings and I really cannot recommend adding ANYTHING to my Sinsemilla,if the flavor don't work,
grow a better tasting strain.

just my opinion

scorpion
Old 09-03-2010, 01:59 AM
JessE

Hi all
I can remember many years ago now, in my teenage years, a "friend" was attempting to charge astronomical prices for average pot he would pitch in typical salesman fashion as being special because of its alledged "orange" flavor lol. He was simply putting orange peels in along with the herb, and I believe managed to sucker a few into paying much more than the weed was actually worth.

Last edited by JessE; 09-03-2010 at 02:07 AM.
Old 09-15-2010, 12:52 AM

Hey , just an update on my "sweetening" adventure . So far I have attempted using cooking flavorings and putting rinds of various descriptions . With any flavoring that I actually put directly on the weed , ruined it when smoked . It left an awful aftertaste and didn't taste at all like it smelled . The rind idea made the weed smell nice , but when smoked , there was no added flavor .

Still playing around and thanks for the ideas .. Oz
Old 09-16-2010, 10:35 AM

In the bottom of a volcano there is this little air intake with a kind of sponge filter. I have often wondered what would happen if you put maybe a single drip of essential oil on that filter. The good thing about this is that if it goes wrong you havent polluted a jar of buds. Essential oils are strong.