Home History Strains Media Web Community Medical Marijuana Contact us Auctions

Go Back   MNS Forums > Medicinal plants > 8. After the harvest

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-18-2011, 11:18 PM

try flushing your bud with mollassas.,
Old 04-19-2011, 05:12 PM

One word...

Why ?

cannabis contains all the subtle flavours one could possibly want, why anyone would want to add flavour to any good strain is beyond me ?
Old 04-21-2011, 02:25 PM
Brick Top

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigwity View Post
try flushing your bud with mollassas.,
Molasses feeds the living microbes in organic soil. It is not directly taken up by plants and it does not flavor them in any way or improve the natural flavor in any way.

If plants could be flavored in such ways people would be sticking peppermint candy and spearmint gum into their soil and getting peppermint and spearmint flavored herb.

I have grown since 1972 and I have seen people try many things to flavor their pot, either while growing or while curing, and I have not yet seen anything that will alter the terpenoids to make any difference at all and at the most seen a few things that will add a slight flavor to the plant matter, a flavor that normally is not an improvement and that tends to clash with the natural flavors found in the terpenoids.
Old 04-21-2011, 02:38 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brick Top View Post
Molasses feeds the living microbes in organic soil. It is not directly taken up by plants and it does not flavor them in any way or improve the natural flavor in any way.

If plants could be flavored in such ways people would be sticking peppermint candy and spearmint gum into their soil and getting peppermint and spearmint flavored herb.

I have grown since 1972 and I have seen people try many things to flavor their pot, either while growing or while curing, and I have not yet seen anything that will alter the terpenoids to make any difference at all and at the most seen a few things that will add a slight flavor to the plant matter, a flavor that normally is not an improvement and that tends to clash with the natural flavors found in the terpenoids.
thats funny , ive grown the same strain for the last couple years (critical Mass) and been running clones off the same mom the entire time and for the last few crops i did the molasis thing and not only myself but everyone else says it tastes like a completely different strain , weird eh
Old 04-21-2011, 03:09 PM

my girlfriend tastes like strawberry with vanilla aftertaste since she is vegan.
nutrition must be the reason, i like it. but i will try molasses, thanks for the tip fellows just a precision, should i massage her with it or can i directly pour it in the vinaigrette ?

Last edited by Batman; 04-21-2011 at 03:16 PM.
Old 04-21-2011, 07:18 PM
Brick Top

Quote:
Originally Posted by b0b_b1tch1n View Post
thats funny , ive grown the same strain for the last couple years (critical Mass) and been running clones off the same mom the entire time and for the last few crops i did the molasis thing and not only myself but everyone else says it tastes like a completely different strain , weird eh

Not when you look at it for the real reason why instead of as how many people believe it to work, as in the plant actually absorbing, or takes in the actual molasses itself and that is what alters the flavor.

It works as a chelating agent so plants absorb more nutrients increasing taste, yield, terpenes/smell, etc. That is also why it makes no sense for people to wait for the last week or two or until they flush to use molasses. It feeds living microbes so they then do their thing and that makes for better plants. It should be used throughout an entire grow, and being a chelating agent it makes nutrients 'usable' to plants so that is why adding a small amount of molasses when foliar feeding is good.
Old 04-21-2011, 09:35 PM
Banned

never thought to use it in a foliar feed , might have to give it a try though
Old 04-21-2011, 09:48 PM

i never said mollassas was absorbed,

it helps bring out flavour, fact!

stop trying to be clever, we all know how it works brother.
Old 04-21-2011, 09:51 PM

it helps the plant use up the last of the nutes in the medium, it can be used all the way through as a booster. i personally believe it is best to use it every2 weeks the twice a week for the flush untill the last 3 days then just plain water.

i sacrifice yield for flush its all ive worked on perfecting for 5 years, ive tryed loads of methods and products, this method is best for me from what ive found,
Old 04-21-2011, 11:28 PM
Brick Top

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigwity View Post
i never said mollassas was absorbed,

I am sorry if my phraseology was not clear enough. I did not say, or mean, that you said said molasses itself was absorbed directly by plants. I only meant, and said, that many people believe that too be the case.

Quote:
it helps bring out flavour, fact!

Yes it does, in the indirect manner that I mentioned.

Quote:
stop trying to be clever, we all know how it works brother.
It appears as if I offended you somehow. If so, I am sorry for having done so. I am also sorry if my believing that possibly someone here might not fully know how molasses works and in what different ways it can be useful that it might be nice for me to go into a little detail about it. Sorry, my error for adding what evidently were superfluous details.