Mr. Nice Forums  
Home History Strains Media Web Community Medical Marijuana Contact us Auctions

Go Back   MNS Forums > Medicinal plants > 8. After the harvest

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-14-2009, 06:04 PM

Default Buds saved

How long can cannabis last shelf life? lets say after a month after cured already bcus someone told me b4 in a year the bud wuld b useless
i dint listen n i saved 54 dif nugs of 54 dif strains from the end of 07 to the end of 08 we smoked all these on new years n i wasn't disappointed at all they all still had ther potency n still had some dank taste jus not "ripe"

i've herd sunlight n oxygen kills thc after buds hav been pickd but some of these buds we smoked wer over a year n a half i saved em for a year but u never kno how long they wer out off the plant from wen i got em n they still smoked wit greatness

i kept all dif buds in lil dime bags till a month b4 we smoked then then put them all in one bag

heres the 54 b4 it was smoked in a super blunt(nxt year goin to jus roll alot of mixed regular size ones) n a list of all the buds in the pic

Afghani Skunk
Afgoey
AK
Big Bud
Blueberry
Blue Star(blueberry sensi star hybrid)
Bubba Kush
Bubbleberry
Buddahs Sister
Candy Kush
Catpiss
Elvis
Garlic Bud
Ghost
Grandaddy purple
Grape Ape
Green Grandaddy
Green "Purps"
Hardball
Hardball Purps
Kryptonite
Lemon Armeggedon
Lemon Kush
Lemon Sage n Sour
Mango
Master Bubba
Master Kush
Mist
Mr.Nice(from the harbor side club in oakland)
Northern Lights
NYC Diesel
O.G Kush
Purple Fruit
Purple Haze(supposedly)
Purple Kush(suposedly)
Purple Jolley rancher(The big purp one in the mid of the pic)
Ritchie Rich(only seen once it was DANK!!!)
S12
Satori
Shiva Shanri
Sensi Armageddon
Sensi Skunk
Sensi Star
Skunk Truck(probly skunk)
Sour D Kush
Sour Diesel
Strawberry
Super Skunk
SuperStarberry(super star x blueberry)
Sweet Daddy
Sweet Purple
Trainwreck
Widow Warrior
White Widow

the 1st reason i started collecting these was to show the ignorant ppl that not all bud looks the same i could point out n name every bud in this pic bcus i've seen them so much but u can tell the varie on color n nug shape

i kept less than .1 of each of the 54 to b saved for next year wen i'll probly hav a full bag of 100 dif bud tops (the lil tip on the top of the bud)

this year i've gotten 6 to 7 so far n its feb.

i got Purple Jolly from new years
n.....
Purple Princess
Purple Sour
Purple Cream
Kushberries
Hog(poorly grown)
n Some purple hydro i'm smokin now purps hella hyped but ther r some great dank purple strains out ther

i'll b savin these till new years again goin b a tasty dank fucked up new years again haha

P.S all of these nugs i've had at least a half O of each so i decided to save .2s that u see in the pic n i took like .01 of the tops of all of em to save again for next year

Real People....don't beat around the bush.....we roll the bush up in a blunt n smoke it

Last edited by BudBo; 02-14-2009 at 07:36 PM.
Old 02-14-2009, 06:28 PM
barletta

Brother, once you get the grow on, you'll realize that LOTS of those cali 'strains' are just selections; many from similar/same genetics. Not saying that Cali ain't pretty much THE spot to be as far a weed culture in the states (essentially legal for personal use, HUGE land mass, lots of old heads, which breed new heads, 9+mo grow season), but all of those different strains. It's like everyone who ever filled a garbage bag has their own strain...

LOL, I'm just hating, cause I bet most of it is BOMB, and here I am smokin quick dried buds Hey, I noticed little haze/sativa doms on the list. Deffo try out a MrNice haze hybrid along with the Shark (or whatever you end up getting on the indy side). They are not difficult to grow, and the flavors/effects range from super sativas to 50/50's. I'm thinking that my ssh5 is NL influenced in the high, cause it's like a punch to the top of the eyelids on the exhale

Did you drop seeds or pick up cuts for your buddie's garden?
Old 02-14-2009, 06:47 PM

Default yeeee cali hype

Hahah yeee Bar like i said i don't trust the hype n all that i jus labeled as i was told wat they wer...i uld tell usualy if it was the same bud but yea i'm pretty sure alot of them r same strain grown dif. i kno alot of calis hype n i don't believe most of it i jus choose wat i think looks the best(best resin production) n then i take it! haha

bout 20 of these wer pre canna club days for me so some r off the street (wich is wer all the clubs get ther bud neways)

bout 20 of the others wer from one of my old suppliers him n the ppl above him sold to a few clubs in s.c n s.f they wer mostly crosses i think they made not stable jus had good genes....

N about 10 of them wer straight from the club

From this year most of mine r gunna b from the clubs but some will not b

n too wat u was sayin bout haze n sat. dominate strains i think its cuz i'm in cali the indica Scene is alot over here n most of the "Haze" hybrids i've seen haven't been to good around here i can't trust names cus haze n kush r straight marketin names same wit the hole if its purple its dank b.s

this is alot y i want to get SSH n MKS n the Shark to hav the real true breeds

weve got alot of dank over here sure but "honesty" thats something that varies over the ppl

i've smoked SSH over here it was DANK tasted like northern lights wit more of a dif taste mayb hazy doin't kno...i've smoked purple haze hydro supposedly it was koo but i doubt it was haze i think the most sativa dom plant i've smoke was some strain called jedi it was weird nugs n had sat leaves comin out of it that wer ultra sticky to the touch i mixed this jedi wit lemon kush it was very tasty n had amazin high

Real People....don't beat around the bush.....we roll the bush up in a blunt n smoke it
Old 02-14-2009, 09:28 PM

BudBo!,

Style dude style.

Hey! "B" there's your competition? lol.

I THINK IT SHOULD BE MNS STRAIN'S ONLY hee! hee!??????.......

#
Old 02-14-2009, 09:53 PM

thats a great looking collection BB. if you plan to keep buds long term, you should get some glass jars to keep them in. I use old coffee jars (bring on the hating) - but you can buy nice new ones too

edit - if you use this method, you should "burp" your jars by opening them and leaving them open for a few minutes to let moisture evaporate and new air in - how fresh the bud is will dermine how often it's burped - thats to say fresh uncured should be burped daily and fully dried/cured herb maybe once a week (besides, its nice getting hit with the waft when you open them )

"TAXI!.... Budbos' house please.."

damn #, can you imagine a box of various MNS buds like that - I would think it were Christmas

Last edited by Jamie; 02-14-2009 at 10:03 PM.
Old 02-15-2009, 12:35 AM

Default yeee

Haha it ain't a competition but ty for the compliments you guys

Rite now i'm only dreamin bout wat Barlettas doin so for now i'm settling wit the "cali bay strains" haha not that these ain't dank but i'd definantly like to hav a collection of all MNS stock if i could only find a club in my area who actually caried em...

The 1st collection is now gone as will this 2nd years will b too i kept less than .1 of all 1st 54 its in alil bag n this is jus to smoke later too for celebration these 2 1st collections rite now r jus to show ppl the difference of cannabis n to end up havin a nice medicated new years haha

I plan to end up gettin only "club" buds in the next year after n than once i get my grows together hopefully i'll hav my varies of varietys that i want n i'll b able to save the "samples" from all MNS strains n club varieties

Mayb in the end hav alil catilogue showin the leaves n the buds of each plant haha
well c

N yea i'm definantly plannin on gettin some glass jars or some plastic ones that i've seen suck the air out wen u close it its pretty koo but iono bout it bein plastic n all i'm definantly gunna hav2 burp it on occasion bcus i love the smells haha n to keep me thinkin bout how bomb its gunna b next new years so i don't snag any of the samples haha ty all again for the compliments n info

Last edited by BudBo; 02-15-2009 at 05:47 AM.
Old 02-15-2009, 09:33 AM
herbmister

lov your stash box bo

iv got no self restraint so the contence of your box wouldnt last very long round here hehehehe(wheres me skins)
Old 02-16-2009, 02:07 AM

Default yee

Yee herb i had to guard it wit a baseball bat from my boys haha ther always lets smoke a mixd blunt hah

aint guna lie i had mre than 54 i culdnt resist takin a few durin the year but i actually replaced a few of them wit the same bud bcus i got the same varieties for awhile

mainly the blueberry , sensi star, blue star, trainwreck, super skunk, bubba kush n o.g kush

all these nugs in the pic wer smoked already xcept for mayb a .01 of each that i'm saving again.

Old 02-16-2009, 02:09 AM

Default buds buds

I will later put pics of the 7 that i've saved already....n then so on n on

i'm not sure if i'll put all the pics on here bcus i don't wanna look like i'm "tryin to b cool" but if ne1 wants to see pics i'd gladly post them

to me ther a documentary of all the buds i'd like 2 remember n they kinda giv me mental pics of all the bigger nugs i had b4

Old 02-16-2009, 07:25 AM
barletta

Yo, don't be shy, that is an impressive collection. The pic wasn't loading on my puter. I am no competition for you, I would NEVER be able to save all those nuggies

GoBudGo!