Mr. Nice Forums  
Home History Strains Media Web Community Medical Marijuana Contact us Auctions

Go Back   MNS Forums > Medicinal plants > 8. After the harvest

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-07-2019, 07:16 PM

for the members of the Big Cola Clan ----- the gallon size Fido brand jars are awesome with clamp lids. throw in a boveda 62% FTW.
i'm smoking some jarred sativa ganja that's over a year old, definitely not bland in taste, smell or effect, or rotten.

I don't have any jarred skunky indicas that are that old though, I would like to see how they change over a year's time. I have a feeling that intense skunk terpenes burns off pretty fast.
Old 02-07-2019, 07:20 PM

oh, and then just put the collection of jars into a rubber bin to keep them out of any damaging light.

Purple tinted jars are supposed to be great for long term storage, but good luck finding any.
Old 02-08-2019, 05:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Sur View Post
Every time I have used sealed jars my weed rotted on me. No matter how dry the stems were. I have talked to a lot of people that have had the same experience. I have stored weed in zip lock baggies for many years that never went bad on me. Dunno why that is, but that's my experience.
I've noticed that some of my stash gets a certain smell after a while that I'm afraid may be onset of rot. Noble rot perhaps? I threw away a couple Zs of Nevs Mango because the buds had visible mold fibers. It never happens to weed that I line dry during winter, so I should probably dry my herb better before I jar it. Vacuum bag sealer would work but mine crushes buds even at the low vac setting. Maybe I'll go back to ziplocks. Yet another retro element of that 70s weed I seek.
Old 02-10-2019, 05:10 AM

After I fill my jars with fully cured buds,not packed,I put lid on loosely,run glass under hot tap water then tighten lid.
As jar cools down you will hear the lid pop and they are vacuumed sealed.
Surely you have seen someone canning up fruit or vegetables and they boil the jars and then tighten lid.As jar cools the metallic pop can be heard and they are sealed until you pry off lid.
I have used Mylar bags and seal them up on edges using a hot iron.
Ive cured in both jars and mylar bags because they can be reopened and sealed until its ready for final storage.
Now I store everything in larger mylar bags until Iím ready to use then it goes i jar for daily storage and use because they are smaller and easy to open and reseal to keep moisture constant.